Byrd

Could Byrd be the best of our draft class? everything I have read, says he will be very good.

Playmakers are rare.Well rounded playmakers are rarer.

Thurman was one on the offensive side-without great speed.

Lets hope Byrd can do it at the pro level. Would be amazing for the Bills.

Byrd looks to me to be the guy that a lot of teams wanted to keep a secret.....so you didn't hear a lot about him but kept seeing him high in the mock drafts.......

This pick has Buddy Nix written all over it

It's funny you mentioned Buddy Nix. After the draft I was very curious what impact he had on the draft for us, basically who were the guys he went to bat for when we were on the clock. I have a gut feeling that a couple of the guys we picked high were guys he certainly signed off on.

On another note: It'd be amazing to sit in on a draft and actually see the inner workings and behind the scenes dealings that take place in the war room. Probably an amazing setting for any die hard football fan. If someone gave me the choice of a pair of Super Bowl tickets or an invitation to sit in on the Bills draft it would be a no brainer: Bills war room (I know many would disagree, but that's just me)

It's funny you mentioned Buddy Nix. After the draft I was very curious what impact he had on the draft for us, basically who were the guys he went to bat for when we were on the clock. I have a gut feeling that a couple of the guys we picked high were guys he certainly signed off on.

On another note: It'd be amazing to sit in on a draft and actually see the inner workings and behind the scenes dealings that take place in the war room. Probably an amazing setting for any die hard football fan. If someone gave me the choice of a pair of Super Bowl tickets or an invitation to sit in on the Bills draft it would be a no brainer: Bills war room (I know many would disagree, but that's just me)

I too would agree with that... Unless we're talkin about Buffalo Bills vs __________ Super Bowl tickets!

While Nix was probably very active in the scouting reports the FO used for the draft (particularly for SEC players), there is no indication he was in the War Room during the draft. I believe I read that he was/is NOT part of the inner circle, but an adviser to them. If I find the article, I will post it.

Nix and the Bills 'glory day's scouting staff always placed a premium on production over potential, on guys who love to play the game rather than have off-the-chart measurables and an indifferent attitude. In that regard, Wood, Levite, Bryd and a few other picks fit that mold...

I think this year he will make the biggest impact of the Bills draft class.

A safety is not the easiest position to transition from college to pros, however it is easier then Dline. Olineman never get a lot of media hype. Only Nelson could make a bigger splash maybe. If he was able to come in and become the pass catching big threat the Bills have missed for years, then he will be known around the league by the end of the season.

I spoke with a scout who i know in passing about the Bills draft, he stated that Byrd will make an impact this year for Buffalo. The team he works for also drafted a safety later in round two. I got to believe he scouted Byrd.