Met Reuben Brown last night

in White Plains, NY. I bartend the spot he came into. I thought he looked familiar, then it clicked. I said, "You look a lot like Reuben Brown". He just smiled and gave me a pound. He lost a lot of weight - i would say he's in the 250-270 range now. Real cool guy - we talked about the Bills for a good hour. We also did about 10 shots, so he was real forthcoming about some of the Bills recent pitfalls. Seems that he and a group of former players are really pushing to buy the team, but if it comes down to it, the group with the most $$$ wins, so he is a bit fearful that the Bills could end up further away than Toronto. Lets hope that this isn't the case, but I guess we should brace for the worst...

in White Plains, NY. I bartend the spot he came into. I thought he looked familiar, then it clicked. I said, "You look a lot like Reuben Brown". He just smiled and gave me a pound. He lost a lot of weight - i would say he's in the 250-270 range now. Real cool guy - we talked about the Bills for a good hour. We also did about 10 shots, so he was real forthcoming about some of the Bills recent pitfalls. Seems that he and a group of former players are really pushing to buy the team, but if it comes down to it, the group with the most $$$ wins, so he is a bit fearful that the Bills could end up further away than Toronto. Lets hope that this isn't the case, but I guess we should brace for the worst...

Shots of patron tequila?

Shots of patron tequila?

We were out of Patron, so it was Cabo Wabo, but Patron was his first request. When he saw that I was a huge Bills fan, he said we had to do it "Buffalo-Style!!!". Really nice guy - his heart never left Buffalo when he was on the Bears

Why was he carrying British currency & how were you able to do the conversion to US dollars?

We were out of Patron, so it was Cabo Wabo, but Patron was his first request. When he saw that I was a huge Bills fan, he said we had to do it "Buffalo-Style!!!". Really nice guy - his heart never left Buffalo when he was on the Bears

Patron the Budweiser of Tequilas

awesome story, man. i've gotta say, i'm jealous. what i'd give to be able to pick an ex-buffalo bill just about playing in the league, the team, anything...

Always loved Rueben he handled himself like a man, from day one to the end. Chicago should love him too, he gave them a couple pro bowl seasons after the bills gave up on him.

Kudos Rueben if you read this! Happy to hear you are happy!

Out of curiosity, what was he doing in White Plains? I live in Larchmont here in Westchester myself, but obviously need to get out more!

He was in town for his buddies son's barmitzva. He stayed at the Ritz, which is one block from the bar i work in - Gryphons.