Which sluggers(1970 on) didn't do steroids??

Tcali

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone mention George Foster?

Speaking of Georges... What about Brett... That was some serious "rage" when the pine tar was caught flowing.

:o:o

We basically know the whole 1970's Steelers and Raiders teams were juicing, what makes you think it wasn't that prevalant elsewhere.

:cry:

Speaking of Georges... What about Brett... That was some serious "rage" when the pine tar was caught flowing.

;);)

We basically know the whole 1970's Steelers and Raiders teams were juicing, what makes you think it wasn't that prevalant elsewhere.

:doh:

Do you remember George Foster? He was probably about 180 lbs with a 32 inch waist?

George Brett who looked rather burly then, actually looks puny by todays standards.

check this out.........maybe the umps were juicing though......they all had about 50 lbs and 5" on him.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/yan...allery?index=18

check this out.........maybe the umps were juicing though......they all had about 50 lbs and 5" on him.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/yan...allery?index=18

No, they (umps) were just older, taller, and fatter... Like me. :doh: Weren't umps always (historically) known to be lard asses? Now they all (both AL and NL) wear padding under their unis.

;);)

No one has said Delgado yet? I think he's always been clean. JMO

I have my doubts about Delgado. Last season was wierd. I am a big Mets fan & watch alot of games. Noone looked worse then Delgado the first 2.5 months last season. I mean he was the worst hitter in the league. Totally lost, late on even average fastballs, no bat speed. I honestly thought the Mets were going to just release him & eat the rest of the season with his contract. Then sometime in June, he just exploded. Even with his bad start, he was so hot around the allstar break on he was even mentioned as an MVP canidate. Someone just does not look as bad as he did & then just turn it on. He might of been feeling pressure too because it was a contract year for him.

Whoever said they do not think Ortiz was a user, I think he was one of the more obvious users. I know he is getting up there in age but after hitting 40 + hrs every year for the sox, the guy has warning track power now. Plus he was best friends with Manny.

Anyone mention George Foster?

Has anyone said Kirby Puckett yet? And how about Cecil Fielder (and his son Prince)?

Jesus H. Christ, does anyone read around here anymore? :doh:

Stargell, George Foster, Schmidt, Kingman, Jack Clark, Eddie Murray Cecil Fielder, Strawberry (steriods is probably the only drug he DIDN'T do)

Jesus H. Christ, does anyone read around here anymore? ;)

You don't even have to throw in your post since both of those quotes start by asking if anyone mentioned so and so. Obviously they weren't reading. :doh:

someone pointed out on the radio yesterday that Cal was roomies with Brady Anderson during Anderson's 1 monster season.....

The streak wore on Ripken's performance. The affect on his numbers were clear. In fact after he started sitting down, his number rebounded.

Until we know something indicating that a player used steroids, let's not assume.

Andy Van Slyke...he didnt even wear batting gloves...

A few years ago I heard this little trivia question:

Who are the three major leagurers who currently DO NOT wear batting gloves?

1. Jorge Posada

2. Moises Alou

3. Vladimir Guerrero

Another interesting tidbit. You know how they "toughen up" their hands? Rumor has it, they urinate on their hands... Especially during the spring training stint.

From 2004:

In a recent interview with ESPN's Gary Miller, Chicago Cubs outfielder Moises Alou revealed that during baseball season he urinates on his hands to toughen them up. Alou, one of the few major leaguers who doesn't wear gloves while batting, is backed up by Yankees catcher Jorge Posada, who says, "You don't want to shake my hand during spring training." Even Cubs hurler Kerry Wood mentioned on a local radio show that he's tried the technique to remedy blisters on his pitching hand (though he wryly added that there's also a well-known clubhouse cure for headaches: "crapping in your hat"). Does urine really toughen the skin?

:wallbash::rolleyes:

a little OT, but your avatar is totally clean. I am sure that he did not do any roids :rolleyes:

:wallbash::devil: I was gonna comment on Heels avatar too! Then I thought he (his avatar) got these:

MuscleBob BuffPants: "Anchor Arms"

MuscleBob BuffPants (Whole, Speed ON)

Go to 1:30 of the second link for the "Anchor Arms" ad.

"I was a wimp before "Anchor Arms", know I am a jerk and everybody loves me!"

:D