Dead weight

1. Whitner, 5million fish a year and he has just not earned it yet.

2. Butler, Right Tackle will be his last attempt to establish himself as a pro. (terrible IMO at right gurad last year)

3. Kelsay, although not really a surprise.

4. Roscoe, IMO the only person in this group who was productive last year. Will come down to WR # and money.

Your list is stupid. None of those players will be cut.

1. Cut Whitner so you have a rookie and journeyman starting at the safety positions opening day!? Not tomention this would mean you'd keep Ko instead of Dante!?

2. Butler was the best o-linemen last year. Who starts if he's cut?

3. Kelsey has probably the best chance out of the bunch of getting cut and I'm pretty sure he starts at DE on opening day.

4. Roscoe would get traded before he got cut.

How about these guys for surprise cuts:

1. McCargo, and they decide to keep 6 DEs.

2. Bryan Scott, if they decide to keep Ko

3. Hamdan, new blood

4. Pat Thomas, if they feel they are OK with the trio of 5th and 6th round picks at SLB

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your logic is horribly flawed...you don't draft to replace people.

You take the best players available and make the entire team stronger.

In the Bills mind, Wood was the highest rated player left on their board at 28. That's why he was selected.

I don't know if Brad Butler personally offended you in some way, but calling him a journeyman lineman is ridiculous!

He would technically have had to play for more than one team in his career to be called a journeyman, right?

The best part of this thread is all of the respondents who now claim "Butler was our best O-lineman last year". At least some of them made the same claim about Peters, our former reigning "best O-lineman last year".

Who's our next "best O-lineman last year"----Melvin Fowler?

2. Butler, Right Tackle will be his last attempt to establish himself as a pro. (terrible IMO at right gurad last year)

4. Roscoe, IMO the only person in this group who was productive last year. Will come down to WR # and money.

LMAO off at this thread...you MUST be kidding at these 4. None of these 4 will be cut, and the only one that has an outside chance is Kelsay. If Schobel gets hurt again we have no depth at DE...they wont out right cut him unless our two young DE's have huge camps, and even then it would be a small chance IMO.

Most experts say that Brad Butler has been the most consistent and Best offensive linemen for the BILLS the past 2 years, you said he was terrible-so thats a really big difference.

Also is the 2 rookies start at guard like they are supposed to, this means that Most Likely Butler will shift to RT where he played HIS WHOLE COLLEGE CAREER at Virginia. (By the way, butler is 6'8 which most people say is too tall for guard but perfect for T) And he has a nasty demeanor, like the 2 rookies, which you need on your O-Line to be successful.

So bottom line is Butler is not going anywhere BUD, try again? Nor is Whittner

In my opinion is makes more sense to keep parrish and kelsay too then just straight up release them. Trade maybe but release NO!!!

so i guess i totally disagree with your logic, or lack of-

The best part of this thread is all of the respondents who now claim "Butler was our best O-lineman last year". At least some of them made the same claim about Peters, our former reigning "best O-lineman last year".

Who's our next "best O-lineman last year"----Melvin Fowler?

hey bud, i hear what you are saying, but if anyone watched last year we know Peters was DEF not even close to being the lineman he was the year before. And I have read a substantial amount of experts saying the Butler was our best lineman last year. Well it sure was nt peters, dockery, or the joke of a center we used?

So i ask you, who was it then? It had to be langston walker or butler-

IMO Butler was consistent-ly bad. and Langston Walker was the best and most consistent lineman last year. Just my opinion

7-9, no playoffs for 9 years. The new line will at least give us some hope. Our main problem on the line was the lack of a tough, strong and smart center. That alone will make the whole line play at a higher level. I think Kelsay will get cut on the last wave of cuts. He was really awful last year and isnt earning his large salary. Hopefully Ellis will emerge and Schoebel gets back to where he was...but that may not happen either. Who knows how much he has left in the tank.

hey bud, i hear what you are saying, but if anyone watched last year we know Peters was DEF not even close to being the lineman he was the year before. And I have read a substantial amount of experts saying the Butler was our best lineman last year. Well it sure was nt peters, dockery, or the joke of a center we used?

So i ask you, who was it then? It had to be langston walker or butler-

It really doesn't matter. The point is the folks on this board have a short memory.

Your are pretty stupid and must not understand football. If at any point brad butler looked bad last year you can simply look to the guy who was the left to him. In every single game last year our center was pushed around and you could most likely find him on his ass. You don;t cut a player like whitner ever, he is young 23 so he will get a lot better plus he is a true leader and you just don't get rid of guys like that. maybe you should just stick to playing franchise mode where you most likely trade away our entire team yea that like a good idea

Congrats on being the only one who thinks Butler was bad last year. He was our most solid, and arguably our best lineman during last season. The run game went to hell when he was out of the lineup. Not to mention butler signed an extension last offseason. He isn't going anywhere. The only place he sucks is in your mind.

:P Even though you Root for a Girls school on Saturdays, it looks like you do watch REAL Football on Sundays. :w00t:

I'm still trying to figure out what a right gurad is - clearly the OP is a 'not the brightest bulb on the tree'.
Isn't that the guy that got his head stomped on by Haynsworth? :P

Yes I think you're right. But Gurad plays center. I guess if Gurad was playing guard then he might not have gotten his head stomped like he did at center. He actually got stomped on the center of his forehead. He shouldn't have let his guard down.