*Pats 3rd round pick tears ACL

Sad for McKenzie :wallbash: Good for us because I thought he would be a good LB. I don't wish any form of injury upon anyone. I hope that he recovers fully and comes back strong next year. He's probably pretty down in the dumps right now.

Ouch

Dude worked his whole life and was about to live out his dream. And then he tears an ACL within weeks of being drafted

And without signing a contract. Be interesting to find out what they actually pay that guy.

I wanted the Bills to draft him to replace Ellison, but I guess it works out.

Also, for what it's worth, this injury will affect the Patriots just about as much as the Ace Bowen (the "Compliance Linebacker") injury hurt us last year.

And without signing a contract. Be interesting to find out what they actually pay that guy.

Probably the same thing the Bills did when Everett blew out his knee on the first day of minicamp as a rookie without having signed a contract

Why all the sympathy? C'mon it's the f-ckin *pats for peter's sake!

Sad story about that draft pick. He left school early and had full scholarship. He left to take care of his sick mom and now may not ever play or get the money to support his mom. This is according to a friend who follows the pats.

That's exactly what I was thinking. If by some chance this was a very severe injury that left him with little hope to ever play again, do they actually owe him anything beyond his medical bills? Does anyone know what is required in these situations?

Hopefully Tyrone had an injury insurance policy cause torn ACL for a LB means uphill battle. I think NE used a 3rd round compensation pick on him. So easy come easy go from their point of view. NE traded their other 3rd round picks for 2nd rounders in 2010 - which is a great move if you're loaded with talent.

That's exactly what I was thinking. If by some chance this was a very severe injury that left him with little hope to ever play again, do they actually owe him anything beyond his medical bills? Does anyone know what is required in these situations?

The drafted rookies sign a deal saying that if anything happens in camp before they sign a deal, the team will negotiate a deal in good faith based on the same slot the year previous.

Link

SSDD

The drafted rookies sign a deal saying that if anything happens in camp before they sign a deal, the team will negotiate a deal in good faith based on the same slot the year previous.

Link

SSDD

Thanks