Rest in Peace BiB

aussiew

What happened to him?

His wife Darlene, his "bestest babe ever," died suddenly in May 2004. No symptoms, no warning signs, just ... gone. He tried to go on, spent the next two years gracing us with his great wisdom and acerbic wit. But he couldn't bear being apart from her, and it showed. Two years to the month after Darlene passed, he took his own life.

DC Tom, a good friend of his in real life as well as here, informed us of the loss. From that thread, the same one I quoted from earlier:

Paul Lewczyk is dead because he loved his wife.

And a better epitaph, a man could hardly ask for. Goodbye, friend.

His wife Darlene, his "bestest babe ever," died suddenly in May 2004. No symptoms, no warning signs, just ... gone. He tried to go on, spent the next two years gracing us with his great wisdom and acerbic wit. But he couldn't bear being apart from her, and it showed. Two years to the month after Darlene passed, he took his own life.

DC Tom, a good friend of his in real life as well as here, informed us of the loss. From that thread, the same one I quoted from earlier:

Thanks for the update. That is too bad. Sounded like a good loving family man.

That thread brought back some memories. I forgot about the stuff that Kristy had me post. I had to leave the thread once the paver stuff started.

I still remember being at the funeral and seeing his brother. A taller and heavier version of Paul. The look was remarkable similar, including the hairstyle and glasses. It was spooky.

Like others, I can hardly believe it has been three years. Which only underscores how many more years before that this community has been together, and what a truly amazing thing that is, particularly given how few of us have actually met each other in person.

Like others, I can hardly believe it has been three years. Which only underscores how many more years before that this community has been together, and what a truly amazing thing that is, particularly given how few of us have actually met each other in person.

#89 and I were talking about that on the drive to the stadium last Thursday; this December will mark the 10th anniversary of Larry's death, with this board doing its best to provide a support system for her. And whenever I see Jay's son Ben, or Scott posts new pictures of Andrew, I remember when they were this big ...

'S why I keep coming back. Because Lord knows, we haven't had much in the way of good football to talk about for most of that decade.

'S why I keep coming back. Because Lord knows, we haven't had much in the way of good football to talk about for most of that decade.

Reason numero uno why this board is so popular.

Reason numero dos.........we're from !@#$ing Buffalo man, no one else understands us. My wife is from Chicago so she kind of does, but not really even after 26 years of marriage in three weeks.

Thanks so much for that touch of humor within this sad thread. I'm sure Paul got a chuckle as well.