Buffalo Bills 1964 Highlight Film

Very cool & thanks.

I love the fake crowd noise--or was that Oilers home crowd really cheering for the Bills in exactly the same manner as the Buffalo home crowd?

EDIT--and the season ticket pitch at the end--hilarious. $42 was the top season ticket price. Yeah, that's for the whole season.

EDIT--and the season ticket pitch at the end--hilarious. $42 was the top season ticket price. Yeah, that's for the whole season.

The I-Nazi'z at work don't allow Youtube. Is this the Season Tix promo Daryl Lamonica does? If so, it is great!

great memories...I first seriously followed them in that wonderful year. Kemp, Lamonica, Dubenion, Bass, Cookie, Gogo, Sestak,Day, tracey, Jacobs, Stratton, Saimes, Byrd...oh what a team....

I loved it too. Frustrating that the Bills, in their wisdom, do not offer such videos for viewing or even for sale on their web site, isn't it?

I loved it too. Frustrating that the Bills, in their wisdom, do not offer such videos for viewing or even for sale on their web site, isn't it?

It is not the Bills' fault the videos are not there. You can blame the NFL for not making that stuff available. They control all of that kind of stuff.

You can purchase them from NFL Films, for $50 apiece...

It is not the Bills' fault the videos are not there. You can blame the NFL for not making that stuff available. They control all of that kind of stuff.

Good point Ken. I should not be blaming the Bills. I do scratch my head wondering why the NFL does not tap into the huge potential gold mine of old highlight films, or even full game recordings. I guess production would be a hassle, but if the sainted BillCody1960 can do such a great job with his part time work, why doesn't anyone at the league or team offices look into it?

Wow! Did that bring it all back and then some. Great stuff. 5 years old, my dad in the press box, not really knowing WTF was going on just that SOMETHING BIG was happening here.

God, Billy Shaw was a thing of beauty to watch, wasn't he? Golden Wheels, Bass, Cookie. Man, we were good.

And that defense! Sestak, McDole on the DL. Tracey, Jacobs, Stratton at LB. And that GREAT secondary with Saimes and Byrd.

OBTW, it won't be long before the new Byrd reminds us all of the old Byrd. Well, those of us old enough to BE reminded of the old Byrd, anyway. I say cut this Bruce Hall right now and give the new Byrd number 42.

GO BILLS!!!

Good point Ken. I should not be blaming the Bills. I do scratch my head wondering why the NFL does not tap into the huge potential gold mine of old highlight films, or even full game recordings. I guess production would be a hassle, but if the sainted BillCody1960 can do such a great job with his part time work, why doesn't anyone at the league or team offices look into it?

I am not at liberty to discuss the details, but the NFL wants to minimize/eliminate NFL Films. They could not care less about the mountain of fantastic footage in the vaults in Mount Laurel. If it were up to them, it would all get tossed in the trash.

I am not at liberty to discuss the details, but the NFL wants to minimize/eliminate NFL Films. They could not care less about the mountain of fantastic footage in the vaults in Mount Laurel. If it were up to them, it would all get tossed in the trash.

I am sadly not surprised to hear this. It is amazing how little regard so many institutions (not to mention individuals) have for their own history. Too many view managing all that "old stuff" as so much clutter in their hurried pursuit of the shiniest or newest thing... Sigh.

You can see that I am both approaching middle age and a historian by that comment, I am sure....

I am sadly not surprised to hear this. It is amazing how little regard so many institutions (not to mention individuals) have for their own history. Too many view managing all that "old stuff" as so much clutter in their hurried pursuit of the shiniest or newest thing... Sigh.

You can see that I am both approaching middle age and a historian by that comment, I am sure....

From a business perspective, all you have to do is look at this board to see why they don't care. Their biggest audience are people who think the NFL started 10-20 years ago.

What a shame. Didn't the NFL Films division take a big hit when the NFL announced some layoffs last fall?