Ten "worst" films ever

WWVaBeach

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only recently. Little Nicky, Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore, Big Daddy, The Waterboy, Funny People, The Animal (Not a star, but he made a pretty funny cameo) were all very hilarious movies. He's really funny, he's just lost that golden touch. Sad thing really. :-(

I only saw bits and pieces of those movies, and I could not finish them because they were just horrible.

Adam Sandler is not funny and has never been funny.

I only saw bits and pieces of those movies, and I could not finish them because they were just horrible.

Adam Sandler is not funny and has never been funny.

His stand-up back in the early 90s was great. My ex g/f and I used to watch a show on the comedy channel called "Short Attention Span Theater" and he was often on there. He was just a kid back then, but clearly had some comedy chops.

Howard the Duck was a guilty pleasure.

Wait a minute, what the hell? BWP HAPPENS to be one of my fav movies, and definitley the scariest movie ever made. You've been watching too much Paranormal Lametivity and Saw and forgotten what REAL great movies are!

I will defend "The Blair Witch Project" for as long as I live, but Selmon, you have to accept the fact that with this movie, people either love it or hate it.

I will defend "The Blair Witch Project" for as long as I live, but Selmon, you have to accept the fact that with this movie, people either love it or hate it.

Only saw it once, at home on DVD. I was feeling great when it started, but the camerawork gave me a severe headache. :thumbdown:

I thought Blair Witch was brilliant...and just as I was ready for it to REALLY kick asss, it ended <_<

I have been a fan of lost footage films, though, with Cloverfield being my personal favorite. Actually I just saw Chronicle and that was pretty good, too.

Only saw it once, at home on DVD. I was feeling great when it started, but the camerawork gave me a severe headache. :thumbdown:

You are not the only person who had that problem, and I can understand that the shaky camera was a big turnoff to some people.

I still think BWP is a good thriller.

Little Nicky, Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore, Big Daddy, The Waterboy, Funny People, The Animal (Not a star, but he made a pretty funny cameo) were all very hilarious movies.

Howard the Duck was a guilty pleasure.

Wow. :blink:

Maybe someone can rename this thread "Films recommended by Selmon Smith"

His stand-up back in the early 90s was great. My ex g/f and I used to watch a show on the comedy channel called "Short Attention Span Theater" and he was often on there. He was just a kid back then, but clearly had some comedy chops.

Did he do the stupid voices back then too? That has to be his biggest downfall, the stupid voices and the ridiculously stupid characters he plays. I can watch a few of his movies like Happy Gilmore, The Wedding Singer, and Big Daddy. He's playing relatively normal people in those movies, with normal of course being relative to the rest of his career (yes, Happy Gilmore is normal compared to playing the devil, a retarded southerner, or his own twin sister).

If he just stayed away from so many characters maybe people would have a higher opinion of him. Then again, the need to play all of those types probably says a lot about his talent level (its low).

The absolute worst movie is the remake of The Day The Earth Stood Still. It was an absolute piece of crap. An insult to the original, which is a classic. I was pissed off for a day after I saw it.

I'm getting mad again just thinking about it. Gort is friggin insects. Give me a break.

Did he do the stupid voices back then too? That has to be his biggest downfall, the stupid voices and the ridiculously stupid characters he plays. I can watch a few of his movies like Happy Gilmore, The Wedding Singer, and Big Daddy. He's playing relatively normal people in those movies, with normal of course being relative to the rest of his career (yes, Happy Gilmore is normal compared to playing the devil, a retarded southerner, or his own twin sister).

If he just stayed away from so many characters maybe people would have a higher opinion of him. Then again, the need to play all of those types probably says a lot about his talent level (its low).

The other thing I think is that Sandler looks too old now to be playing most of his recent roles. Not saying they would be good otherwise, since they are pretty brutal, but it doesn't help.

My guilty pleasures for comedies (along with the GREAT Pootie Tang) are most of the ones starring Rob Schneider, much better than Sandler's. I know it's been awhile since they came out, but I really lmao at The Animal & The Hot Chick.

The absolute worst movie is the remake of The Day The Earth Stood Still. It was an absolute piece of crap. An insult to the original, which is a classic. I was pissed off for a day after I saw it.

I'm getting mad again just thinking about it. Gort is friggin insects. Give me a break.

Yeah, it's a freaking masterpiece of crap. DEFINITLEY one of the worstand most unnecesarry remakes ever made

Never saw Hostel; Saw was mediocre.

And people who claim to enjoy in any form Howard The Duck should not be tossing accusations of "dumbed down" so freely.

Look, I never said HTD was a good movie. I just thought it was a funny movie, with an interesting albeit different concept. It's a bad movie, but I enjoyed it. Other bad movies I enjoyed include The Phantom, Legion and Dragonball: Evolution. Surely you have some guilty pleasures as well.

Amen!

That re-make was a complete and total offense to the original.

Amen!

That re-make was a complete and total offense to the original.

Wicker Man might be a worse remake though...Then again...Thet could be a "so bad, it's good" kind of film. Coincedantally, the original is one of my Top 11 Movies I need to see. Pretty much every slasher remake apart from the Nightmare on Elm Street seems destined for failure. Overrall, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, The Eye, and the 1976 King Kong are the worst remakes ever made.

Edited by SelmonSmith6378