I always defend WGR...

ans4e64

Schopp then said something along the lines of, "I could care less what happens on Sundays or how the Bills do, I moved here, this is just a job. The only reason I follow them is because it is my job to talk about them."

I happened to listen to WGR today, it was about 3:10pm, he ABSOLUTELY said something exactly to that effect. i think they have an audio vault, maybe it is still on there.

i hardly ever listen to WGR anymore. it is because i dislike Schopp. i do not like the way he interacts with callers. i tuned in today just to get the drift of peoples thoughts on the draft. within 10 minutes i realized why i hardly tune in.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are asking me questions a third grader could answer.

So are you now saying that you can't answer questions a third grader could answer? :lol:

Maybe you can get "your people" to answer them.

I guarantee they can answer questions a third grader could answer. Why can't you? The questions my guy is struggling with are a little more complicated :lol: than "what mike are you talking about?" or "what to you mean when you say screening phone calls is the same?" or that terrible brain teaser "how do you know what offers Schopp(happy?) has gotten?".

If you have real questions, fire away but I am not Mike Schopp and have no media affiliation if thats all you are trying to get at.

You have no media affiliation. Really. Then why do you talk about "when the mikes are off" and what screening phone calls is like? Were you an intern? Did you used to have media affiliation? Why would you come off like a "media guy"-->phones, mikes, etc., if you aren't one?

You can't blame me for asking these questions-->I'm only asking them based on what you chose to post.

Schopp then said something along the lines of, "I could care less what happens on Sundays or how the Bills do, I moved here, this is just a job. The only reason I follow them is because it is my job to talk about them."

I happened to listen to WGR today, it was about 3:10pm, he ABSOLUTELY said something exactly to that effect. i think they have an audio vault, maybe it is still on there.

i hardly ever listen to WGR anymore. it is because i dislike Schopp. i do not like the way he interacts with callers. i tuned in today just to get the drift of peoples thoughts on the draft. within 10 minutes i realized why i hardly tune in.

The guy lived here all his life. There is absolutely know way he said anything like "I moved here, this is just a job." There is no doubt that football is not his favorite subject and he sometimes doesn't like to talk about but lets either listen better or stop making stuff up.

The guy lived here all his life. There is absolutely know way he said anything like "I moved here, this is just a job." There is no doubt that football is not his favorite subject and he sometimes doesn't like to talk about but lets either listen better or stop making stuff up.

It's correct. I heard it today too. I lost all respect for the coward.

So are you now saying that you can't answer questions a third grader could answer? :lol:

I guarantee they can answer questions a third grader could answer. Why can't you? The questions my guy is struggling with are a little more complicated :lol: than "what mike are you talking about?" or "what to you mean when you say screening phone calls is the same?" or that terrible brain teaser "how do you know what offers Schopp(happy?) has gotten?".

You have no media affiliation. Really. Then why do you talk about "when the mikes are off" and what screening phone calls is like? Were you an intern? Did you used to have media affiliation? Why would you come off like a "media guy"-->phones, mikes, etc., if you aren't one?

You can't blame me for asking these questions-->I'm only asking them based on what you chose to post.

Did I really say something about screening calls? You brought it up twice, but I am pretty sure you are mistaken. Or maybe my wife is right when she says I'm getting old.

I haven't listened to WGR in a long long time because of the garbage that is spewed from the afternoon show. I was hoping WGR55 would make a change but I guess they are content with Schoop and his arrogance.

Answer my questions already. You keep "wasting all this time" telling us something that we all clearly heard, myself included, didn't happen. If you've got time to keep up this farcical attempt at denying reality, you've got time to answer my simple questions.

Funny I haven't even begun to start bashing Schopp for his ridiculous comment today. Let's get that going starting now!

Buddy, Schopp did say: "I don't care about the Bills that much. But, it's something I have to talk about because I have a job that requires me to talk about sports in Buffalo and a lot of people care about the Bills". That's almost a direct quote, short of the maybe the ums and ahhs and/or phrasing and punctuation. Go ahead and tell me I "took it out of context", I dare you.

You are either:

1. an idiot

2. a homer that works for WGR

Edit:3. A wanna-be worker for WGR who thinks "they are part of the show" because they call in

if you are trying to deny that this the above is exactly what he said, or extremely close to it, today.

Hey Mike: If you don't like talking about the Bills, then why don't you take one of those numerous offers you have to leave and go someplace where we don't expect you to talk about, oh I dunno, the N. F. L. team in THIS city?

Yeah, let's spend all of our time talking about baseball teams in other cities. :rolleyes: Like I said, it's so easy, just take one of the offers you have and go to a city with a baseball team, and then everybody's happy.

obviously you didn't listen to the show today.....i don't remember him saying anything like "i moved here"........but he did say "this is just a job for him and he could care less if the Bills win or lose".

Answer my questions already. You keep "wasting all this time" telling us something that we all clearly heard, myself included, didn't happen. If you've got time to keep up this farcical attempt at denying reality, you've got time to answer my simple questions.

Funny I haven't even begun to start bashing Schopp for his ridiculous comment today. Let's get that going starting now!

Buddy, Schopp did say: "I don't care about the Bills that much. But, it's something I have to talk about because I have a job that requires me to talk about sports in Buffalo and a lot of people care about the Bills". That's almost a direct quote, short of the maybe the ums and ahhs and/or phrasing and punctuation. Go ahead and tell me I "took it out of context", I dare you.

You are either:

1. an idiot

2. a homer that works for WGR

if you are trying to deny that this the above is exactly what he said, or extremely close to it, today.

Hey Mike: If you don't like talking about the Bills, then why don't you take one of those numerous offers you have to leave and go someplace where we don't expect you to talk about, oh I dunno, the N. F. L. team in THIS city?

Yeah, let's spend all of our time talking about baseball teams in other cities. :rolleyes: Like I said, it's so easy, just take one of the offers you have and go to a city with a baseball team, and then everybody's happy.

So apparently he didn't say he moved here, correct? Did he say he could care less if hte Bills win? Your quote is quite a bit short of the original post and since you don't want me to take it out of context and you seem to have a clear memory of what he said, why don't you tell me what led up to his statement.

Speaking of answering questions, any response to the screening question?

The guy said it, like it or not. Go listen to the audio vault if you want. Whether or not he has lived here for 50 years or just moved here yesterday has no relevance in what he was saying. Give it up. You can't argue that he did not say that, because he did.

Preston, are you trying to mind!@#$ everyone in this thread into having a seizure, because I've never read so much garbled crap in my entire life. Schopp said he doesn't give a sh-- if the Bills win or lose. He's a huge dick. What points are you trying to make again in his defense? Because you're having a hard time putting together a complete thought.

So apparently he didn't say he moved here, correct? Did he say he could care less if hte Bills win?

How Hillary Clinton of you. So, instead of focusing on what Schopp the retard said, you focus on what a poster incorrectly said? I don't care about what the poster said that was wrong, and that's not the friggin point, or the question at hand.

The point is: Schopp is complaining about doing his job, whining about "having" to talk about the Bills, and I am saying "Fine, then take your "offers" and go someplace where you don't have to. Period

Your quote is quite a bit short of the original post and since you don't want me to take it out of context

Hysterical that I have to disclaim the "taken out of context" thing to keep you from doing it. I thought that would come in handy...

and you seem to have a clear memory of what he said, why don't you tell me what led up to his statement.

He was explaining that he liked to talk about baseball and hockey more, or, he was explaining why he liked NFL Network more than ESPN and that led into talking about the draft in general, the NFL in general. (And we all get the Direct TV plug)

Speaking of answering questions, any response to the screening question?

I don't know. Is your retarded brother, the guy who was supposed to answer the questions, in the room there with you or is it activity time? He said that he can't answer my questions because he is wasting too much time denying that Schopp said that the only reason he talks about the Bills is because he has to.