I always defend WGR...

ans4e64

Wait. I encouraged someone to listen to Schopp? Was I ill that day? :lol:

Guessing I was responding to someone who was bashing him without listening to him, and I do still have a problem with that, as well as some of the personal attacks I've seen here and elsewhere.

I wasn't bashing him at all, actually. I said that I liked Schopp from the little I'd heard, but thought Parker didn't really add anything to the show (I hadn't listened to much of the show then). You said Parker is actually pretty good, and that I should listen to him more, especially when he's on by himself.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He said, "I didn't grow up here rooting for the Bills."

I'm assuming you can understand how I mistook that. It actually is not even the point of what I said. Whether or not he actually grew up here or not has little to do with what he said on the air.

Don't know what you meant by that last statement, but nice try.

So are you now saying that he didn't say " I could care less about what happens on Sundays and that wholesentence after that??

I did answer the question.

No, you didn't.

I'll try this again;

1. What mike are you talking about?

2. Who here qualifies phone calls? How can we agree that this is the same as "Whenever anybody qualifies a post or a phone call for that matter" when none of us would know that unless we qualified phone calls?

3. Why do we care that Schop has gotten offers to leave, and how do you know that he has?

4. What does "the #1 talk show in the area" have to do with anything, other than being a marketing plug?

No, you didn't.

I'll try this again;

1. What mike are you talking about?

2. Who here qualifies phone calls? How can we agree that this is the same as "Whenever anybody qualifies a post or a phone call for that matter" when none of us would know that unless we qualified phone calls?

3. Why do we care that Schop has gotten offers to leave, and how do you know that he has?

4. What does "the #1 talk show in the area" have to do with anything, other than being a marketing plug?

As they say, at least spell the name right.

I wasn't bashing him at all, actually. I said that I liked Schopp from the little I'd heard, but thought Parker didn't really add anything to the show (I hadn't listened to much of the show then). You said Parker is actually pretty good, and that I should listen to him more, especially when he's on by himself.

That'll teach me to assume.

So going back to your earlier post, you do like Parker more now that you've heard a better sampling, but Schopp is beginning to wear on you. Think that's where I'm at, too.

I will add this, though: all bets are off regarding Bills postgame shows, because you'd have to have the patience of Job -- or a lifetime supply of Valium -- to sit through some of those drunk-and-belligerent calls.

Preston, Mike also ticked me off when he suggested that if Jim Ritcher was worthy of a spot on the Wall of Fame, guys like Greg Cater and Mark Brammer should also get a shot. (Nice pull from the Bills' 1980 draft list, by the by.)

If you'd like to handle that one while you're here, too ... :lol:

That'll teach me to assume.

So going back to your earlier post, you do like Parker more now that you've heard a better sampling, but Schopp is beginning to wear on you. Think that's where I'm at, too.

I will add this, though: all bets are off regarding Bills postgame shows, because you'd have to have the patience of Job -- or a lifetime supply of Valium -- to sit through some of those drunk-and-belligerent calls.

Preston, Mike also ticked me off when he suggested that if Jim Ritcher was worthy of a spot on the Wall of Fame, guys like Greg Cater and Mark Brammer should also get a shot. (Nice pull from the Bills' 1980 draft list, by the by.)

If you'd like to handle that one while you're here, too ... :lol:

Didn't say I always agreed with him. I wouldn't put Ritcher on either but I can understand the argument for his inclusion. Since we are going back and forth and this thread was based on a lie, why don't we change it up.

Do you think Lofton deserved a spot in the 50 year team?

It's radio... he says things to get a reaction like yours. That's his job, to be a dick. That's why they brought him here, because he is very smart. The Sabres are not in the playoffs. He's not going to talk baseball because truly not enough people care. Basketball is a joke to talk about in this town. They both make sense to cover in terms of news reporting (sports updates), but for talk radio no one cares in Buffalo. the Bills are the topic of the day but the average person who casually listens to the show won't care after today, unless he says or does something to get a reaction out of you.

If what he said is what you claim, he's a genius. You might be turned off, but the average person who doesn't post on the board and doesn't usually tune in will do one of three things, 1. tune in again tomorrow because they agree with him 2. tune in because a lot of people are for whatever reason addicted to listening to people who piss them off (Rush Limbaugh is a classic example) or 3. even if you don't tune in, you'll remember the station and the name, which matters a whole lot in radio. There is no such thing as bad press... unless you kill someone or are a pedophile. Radio isn't Burger King, you don't have it your way just because you listen. All that matters is that you did listen and more importantly, you remember the name.

The other thing he is basically saying to you is he is non-biased. You don't have to agree that he is or isn't, that's just his way of saying he's not going to kiss anyone's ass and instead will give you his honest thoughts.

If people on the radio (and TV, news papers and the internet) always said agreeable things it would be really boring and no one would listen. These are facts.

I could go on more, but that's the gist. In a perfect world he'd figure out a way to talk about baseball in a unique way that interests everyone on a daily basis, but that's not easy to do believe it or not.

Didn't say I always agreed with him. I wouldn't put Ritcher on either but I can understand the argument for his inclusion. Since we are going back and forth and this thread was based on a lie, why don't we change it up.

Do you think Lofton deserved a spot in the 50 year team?

Not ahead of Dubenion. Chuck Pollock picked him (ahead of Moulds, not Duby) because he figured anyone in the HOF automatically deserved a spot. I respect that, but to me, he got into Canton because of his Packers career, not his 3.75 years here. Honestly? I might have put Jerry Butler on the team ahead of him, too.

I will say that Lofton was a lot easier to accept than putting Nate Odomes in ahead of both Bob James and Booker Edgerson, though. That's just foolish talk.

Hysterical. Here I am in this thread and this guy won't answer simple questions...and then one of my people call me up to help them with how to structure insurance data properly, and they won't answer my simple f'ing questions either. Friggin irony. :lol:

As they say, at least spell the name right.

Why do you care if I spell it right or not? I'm not trying to be disrespectful to Mike Schopp(happy), but why do you care if I am?

Man this guy answers questions worse than Russ Brandon.

No Brandon doesn't say things like "I just answered the question" when he clearly didn't, and, Brandon doesn't keep trying to lamely change the subject by talking about how much time he has spent NOT answering questions.

What is the point? We are on the third page of a thread that the original poster now admits he fabricated!

And to think, this whole terrible travesty of wasting a 1K of memory on the server could have been avoided if only you would answer my simple questions.

What? Can you start making sense, please?

Doubtful.

If this guy is Mike Schopp, it appears that "he is not as smart as he thinks he is" comment is right on target.

What? Can you start making sense, please?

"I could care less what happens on Sundays or how the Bills do, I moved here, this is just a job. The only reason I follow them is because it is my job to talk about them.

You said Schopp said the above line in your original post.

In post 34 you said

Which is the truth?

"I could care less what happens on Sundays or how the Bills do, I moved here, this is just a job. The only reason I follow them is because it is my job to talk about them.

In post 34 you said

Which is the truth?

He said that "he didn't grow up here rooting for the Bills" a while back. That is why I thought he never lived anywhere around here.

My original statement of what he said is.... what he said. Take from it what you will.

In post 34 you said

Which is the truth?

I think you guys should Ro Sham Bo

Hysterical. Here I am in this thread and this guy won't answer simple questions...and then one of my people call me up to help them with how to structure insurance data properly, and they won't answer my simple f'ing questions either. Friggin irony. :lol:

Why do you care if I spell it right or not? I'm not trying to be disrespectful to Mike Schopp(happy), but why do you care if I am?

No Brandon doesn't say things like "I just answered the question" when he clearly didn't, and, Brandon doesn't keep trying to lamely change the subject by talking about how much time he has spent NOT answering questions.

And to think, this whole terrible travesty of wasting a 1K of memory on the server could have been avoided if only you would answer my simple questions.

Doubtful.

If this guy is Mike Schopp, it appears that "he is not as smart as he thinks he is" comment is right on target.

You are asking me questions a third grader could answer. Maybe you can get "your people" to answer them. If you have real questions, fire away but I am not Mike Schopp and have no media affiliation if thats all you are trying to get at.

He said that "he didn't grow up here rooting for the Bills" a while back. That is why I thought he never lived anywhere around here.

My original statement of what he said is.... what he said. Take from it what you will.

So you made an inaccurate assumption and then made up a whole new fact to fit what you wanted to post about his show? So when you said he said he could care less what happens on Sunday and that he only follows them because its his job, you made that up, correct?

So you made an inaccurate assumption and then made up a whole new fact to fit what you wanted to post about his show? So when you said he said he could care less what happens on Sunday and that he only follows them because its his job, you made that up, correct?

This is getting a little overkill seriously you guys should Ro Sham Bo