Anyone listening to Mike and Mike this morning

ACor58

"I would like Mark to give me a Dirty Sanchez"

I bet Greenberg would love that. In reality the Jets really rolled the dice on Sanchez. He only has one year as a starter at USC. He might be great. He might not. But I'll bet if it was the Bills who traded up to get him Greeberg and the rest of the pundits would be saying the Bills were desperate to take such a gamble.

PTR

It is in the interest of the NFL for Sanchez to do well. There is a large Hispanic market in New York that is waiting to be tapped. Also, the NYC market has been waiting for a high profile qb since Namath.

Sanchez might be good, but he reminds me far more of Pennington than Namath in terms of his skillset. This is fine because it is a far different game today. Jet Fans are usually burned out much like us. They too haven't really won much in quite some time and are an impatient bunch.

It will probably be sink or swim with Sanchez and not a lot in between.

Jmo.

Not to question your college football knowledge, but how can you possibly compare Sanchez to Pennington?

Not to question your college football knowledge, but how can you possibly compare Sanchez to Pennington?

I think it makes sense. Pennington was amazing at Marshall and didn't have a big arm. The only reason Sanchez went that high is becuase of the lack of competition at the QB position this year. It was a terrible year for the position. That's why, from strictly a financial position, it made no sense for Bradford to go back.

I think it makes sense. Pennington was amazing at Marshall and didn't have a big arm. The only reason Sanchez went that high is becuase of the lack of competition at the QB position this year. It was a terrible year for the position. That's why, from strictly a financial position, it made no sense for Bradford to go back.

Just from watching both players in college, Sanchez seems to have a substantially better arm right now then Pennington did when he played at Marshall. Sanchez is particularly much better at throwing on the move than Pennington was. Also, not one of USC's wideouts that Sanchez has worked with were half the player that Randy Moss was in college, so Pennington had that advantage. Don't know if that is a fair comparison at all.

it's just a part of their schtick....... geek vs jock......the geek is a Jets fan....the jock is a Notre Dame alum/fan. the geek is all excited because his team "fleeced" the browns with that trade. they move all the way up to 5th by swapping first round picks, paying an additional 2nd round and throwing in some backups that Mangini likes. If Sanchez stays in school, he's in the running as the first overall pick next year. i think it's a brilliant move by the jets.

Just from watching both players in college, Sanchez seems to have a substantially better arm right now then Pennington did when he played at Marshall. Sanchez is particularly much better at throwing on the move than Pennington was. Also, not one of USC's wideouts that Sanchez has worked with were half the player that Randy Moss was in college, so Pennington had that advantage. Don't know if that is a fair comparison at all.

This is what I was thinking also. Sanchez looks like he could make all the throws, & if you watch him he is very accurate on the run. Pennington hs been an effective qb over the years but is really limited in what kind of offense you could run with him. A guy like Sanchez, especially picking him @ #5 & giving up what they had to get him, the Jets better hope that he is a better qb then Penny.

Bill, I think your underestimating the talent of Sanchez. & just for the record, with that being said, I think he has bust written all over him.

What station in Rochester has ESPN radio? I just moved here.

950 WROC. (They play Schopp and the Bulldog for the drive home)

We can get 550 out of Buffalo in the morning, which is where you can catch Howard Simon (good) and Jeremy White (not so good).

I am also a huge fan of Steve Czaban on Fox Sports (1280 AM)

I bet Greenberg would love that. In reality the Jets really rolled the dice on Sanchez. He only has one year as a starter at USC. He might be great. He might not. But I'll bet if it was the Bills who traded up to get him Greeberg and the rest of the pundits would be saying the Bills were desperate to take such a gamble.

PTR

You are absolutely right. Instead we get to hear what a genius Mike Tannenbaum is. The same guy that fired Mangini a year after making the playoffs and traded for Favre.

950 WROC. (They play Schopp and the Bulldog for the drive home)

We can get 550 out of Buffalo in the morning, which is where you can catch Howard Simon (good) and Jeremy White (not so good).

I am also a huge fan of Steve Czaban on Fox Sports (1280 AM)

Yeah, I just discovered Czaban. He's good. Where I was from, we only had ESPN Radio. I was driving this weekend during for the draft and could not find a station that was covering it.

Yeah, I just discovered Czaban. He's good. Where I was from, we only had ESPN Radio. I was driving this weekend during for the draft and could not find a station that was covering it.

what brought you to Rochester?

I couldn't get Mike & Mike this morning in the DC area (980 AM), as the local guys were discussing the Redskins' picks. They had Vinny Cerato on, and he said that the Skins were willing to trade up for Orakpo because they didn't think he would be there at 13. He said one team that he knew was not going to take Orakpo was the Bills because "they don't like Texas players. That's why we have Dockery and Mike Williams." Classic stuff. Wonder if he got the memo that Big Mike weighs more than 400 lbs?

Neither gets away with throwing floaters at our, or the Pats*, or the Jets home fields. Whenever we take away the short passing game(and you need great corners to do that) against Pennington, our LBs suddenly have 2 INTs and our DEs get 5 sacks that game. IF you make either of these guys have to beat you deep, you increase your chances of winning by 50%.

"Greenie" is such a schmuck. His schtick is to play the wuss, pretty boy, girlie man. He thinks this is cute and funny. Nothing could be further from the truth. The best Mike and Mike show is when Greenie the Weenie is off.

That is all.