I cant believe the negativity of this board

What a bunch of complainers!

Did you guys know that over half of the 6th and 7th rounders that ever get drafted don't make it in the NFL?

Did it ever cross your mind that maybe the Bills were looking for one solid CB to make the team? So odds are that if they drafted 2 LATE ROUND picks, that maybe one of them may make the squad.

Byrd is going to be a safety!

Nic Harris is going to be a LB!

The other 2 Late rounders will battle it out to make the team, and most likely one of them will make it.

All your complaining from a lot of you is SICKENING!! It's contagious, and now the rest of the goof balls come out of the wood works to complain about it as well.

You guys are too much ;)

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a bunch of complainers!

Did you guys know that over half of the 6th and 7th rounders that ever get drafted don't make it in the NFL?

Did it ever cross your mind that maybe the Bills were looking for one solid CB to make the team? So odds are that if they drafted 2 LATE ROUND picks, that maybe one of them may make the squad.

Byrd is going to be a safety!

Nic Harris is going to be a LB!

The other 2 Late rounders will battle it out to make the team, and most likely one of them will make it.

All your complaining from a lot of you is SICKENING!! It's contagious, and now the rest of the goof balls come out of the wood works to complain about it as well.

You guys are too much ;)

Well the great and powerful Oz has spoken...OK simon kill this thread! :lol:

Possibly DE, LG, possibly RG, TE, FS, possibly OLB.

Lot of "ifs" there, but I feel really good about both O-linemen and Nelson, who I think becomes the Bills' best TE as soon as he signs his contract. Still not a big Tampa 2 fan, but if N. Harris can send Ellison to the bench, that's all right, too.

Safety ... we'll see. Personally, I thought they were all right with Scott and Whitner, and maybe with adding more than one piece to the pass rush. They're counting on Schobel's foot being 100 percent, I think. Hope they're correct about that.

Still, the offense is divided up into 11 players in 8 basic positions (QB, 2RB, FB, 2WR, TE, 2OT, 2OG, C). The defense is usually divided up into 11 players in 6 basic positions (2DE, 2DT, 2OLB, 1 MLB, 2CB, 2S).

That's one way to look at it.

Another way is to divide it up into 11 different positons, but dividing up DEs into LDE and RDE or right CB and left CB are distinctions that are never made.

A third way, and perhaps the most common way, is to divide up the offense into QBs, Backs, TEs, WRs, and OL. That's 11 guys in 5 positions, and again, probably the way they are looked at the most. The defense is divided up this way as DL, LBs and DBs.

People often talk about teams as their line or their linebackers or their secondary. So it's very legitimate to complain we drafted 4 DBs out of 8 players, the same way it would be easy to complain we spent 4 on one position like LBs or DL when there are so many more needs. If you're going to use too many picks on any one area, it should probably be either of the lines, not either of the backfields.

Big hole in your theory. Base D is only run about 50% of the time, the rest of the time it is a nickel, dime or some hybrid using at least 5 DBs.

You do realize that run stopping is not the primary responsibility of a DE...ok, now I am convinced no one reads post...they just pick our words and make their own story up...

I said for DE's they are not bad against the run...I did not say we were a devastating run D as a unit

although, we were top 3 in run D unitl injuries hit our Defense last year and one of the last teams to allow a 100 yard rusher if memory serves me...

Don't be an idiot, stopping the run is the responsibility of ALL 11 DEFENDERS. Maybin, Shoebel, Denny, and Kelsey don't get a freakin' play off when the opposing team hands the ball off.

The Eagles, Titans, Steelers, Patriots, and Ravens are examples of teams who have DEs who help stop the run.

And what injury hurt the Bills ability to stop the run last season?

The problem is that the Bills FO lacks the will to bring in players to stop the run. Choosing Whitner over Ngata a couple years ago is one example of this. Refusing to draft any players with run stopping ability in this draft was another. Wasting half of their draft picks on DBs in this draft without spending even one on a DT is a final straw, in my opinon.

As a long time Bills fan, I view the current Jauron/Brandon era as one that needs to be endured, because under their stewardship the Bills will be unable to do the most fundamental things to win in the NFL.

The reason many are upset is because the bills got a few players that fit the profile of past players that have failed or been ineffective. They drafted a small OLB who reminds fans of Ellison or Coy Wire. The Glut of late round DB's and the Byrd pick gets people upset because it feels like they are investing too much into their secondary and not enough into positions that have been ignored for some time.

Simply put the Defense did get two big holes filled and the O-line picked up a starter or two and depth as well as a possible tight end. But the defense still looks a bit on the small side and has Ellison penciled in as a starter. I think people are taking late round picks way too seriously. sixth and seventh round picks are not a reflection of a teams analysis of needs. At that point in the draft you just take who you feel is the best talent. DJ is a secondary guy so his talent evaluation for late rounders will probably skew that way.

They also got guys who were good special teams guys, April tells Juron hey that DB you were looking at he is also a good Special teams player so Juron uses that as the tie breaker in choosing a player at another position.

Lot of "ifs" there, but I feel really good about both O-linemen and Nelson, who I think becomes the Bills' best TE as soon as he signs his contract. Still not a big Tampa 2 fan, but if N. Harris can send Ellison to the bench, that's all right, too.

Safety ... we'll see. Personally, I thought they were all right with Scott and Whitner, and maybe with adding more than one piece to the pass rush. They're counting on Schobel's foot being 100 percent, I think. Hope they're correct about that.

Lots of "ifs" in any draft, but the point is that the Bills got some highly rated prospects at positions of need. That's the only thing you can grade them on at this point. I don't think it's a stretch to say that these players will replace the crap they were intended to replace.

The "74" in your handle must be your IQ!!

We have several very fine candidates for LT in Bell, Butler, and Walker.... one of them WILL stand out!

The LB position is our weakest position on the team, IMO, but I suppose every team has one. We have Ellison, who probably is not quite as weak as you think, who will be challenged by Lehman, an injured from last year Marcus Buggs, and an interesting pick this year in Nic Harris. Options, anyway! (FAgency?)

And OL playing the same position as last year? Who cares? With the exception of LT we're much all around stronger than last year and far deeper.

This team is much improved from last year... only 2 questions in my mind; can we jell in time, and for once can we avoid the injury bug!!!???!!! :thumbsup:

You are so ignorant it's comical.

Thanx for taking time out of your busy drivel to jump on <_< Read back in my posts, if you can, I was right! F'n new guys ...I will be right on this draft also. I recognize talent you do not braindeadstroke :thumbsup:

There is only one loser on this board who thinks that you know anything whatsoever about talent and that's Duh Duh Duh Big Man!

He was recruited to be a FS in college, and is too slow to play CB... while he shows the very same skill set that makes Ed Reed a great FS. This all goes right over your head, right? Even Bill Belichick drafted Brandon Merriweather (CB) to play safety. So please, don't act like you know what you are talking about.

I repeat, if he were faster, he would play CB in the pros. I do know a bit about him, yes. I'm a Pac 10 fan and I watch a lot of football and read a lot. And while he is a "ball hawk" because he makes a lot of INTs, and has very good instincts, he doesn't at all play like Ed Reed.

Big hole in your theory. Base D is only run about 50% of the time, the rest of the time it is a nickel, dime or some hybrid using at least 5 DBs.

True. But all it does is lessen the LBs by one, the same way on offense it lessens a back by one and adds a WR (for the most part, as sometimes it is two). It makes a team carry an extra WR and an extra CB compared to the other positions that have two starters but doesn't at all change the post or concept that you shouldn't spend too many picks on the secondary or at WR or at any of the other groupings when you have holes everywhere. And especially when you have five to eight players at the same position ahead of them on the depth chart. Again, either of the two CBs was probably a good choice. Two straight of the same thing, when we already picked another CB turned safety and SS turned LB was too much.

I repeat, if he were faster, he would play CB in the pros. I do know a bit about him, yes. I'm a Pac 10 fan and I watch a lot of football and read a lot. And while he is a "ball hawk" because he makes a lot of INTs, and has very good instincts, he doesn't at all play like Ed Reed.

Really?

Byrd: 6-0 210 4.6 speed

Reed: 5-11 200 4.6 speed

Both were highly productive (Ints PDs)

Both take good angles to the football

Both read the QB well

Both tackle in the run game well

Both have great instincts

Both have good route recognition

Both have great hands

Both have great anticipation

Shall i go on?

There are some differences, but they are very similar players. Byrd played FS in high school and it's his natural position.

I love all this "depth" we have at CB.

Greer left

Youboty blows

Corner was a 7th last year.

McGee is on the last year of his contract.

Both our safetys were arrested in the off season.

OK, let's stand pat.

Didn't watch the games last year? Corner was a 4th round pick.