205 members have voted

1. 1. Day 1

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I'm giving it like this

Aaron Maybin (B) - Good pick because he can play both OLB and DE. Might not be a full time starter at each but I think he'll play both during the course of this upcoming season. Also he adds much needed depth to our DL.

Eric Wood (B+, A-) - This could turn out to be the best pick of our draft. This kid could be the next Jason Peters on our team without the attitude situation. He's a very smart player with exceptionally good technique. He might need some work in the weight room but I think once he's fully polished he's going to be a super stud.

Jairus Byrd (D+) - This pick caught I think most of us by surprise. I just don't understand this pick because we are already stacked at CB. He's not a great corner and yet he's not a bad corner. People have him going to FS or SS instead of CB so it will be interesting to see if they might trade Simpson to make room and give him a chance to compete. This is a really big head stratcher to me.

Andy Levitre (B) - Good pick to sure up the OL. He's a rated by most scouts to be the best pure guard in the draft. This is a surprising yet very solid pick by the Bills.

Overall not bad. We've filled out most of our holes but we did have a questionable pick with Byrd. I wish we tried to move up to get Pettigrew though but I think they will get a TE in the 3rd round. We'll see how day 2 goes tomorrow.

Updated overall grade (B)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, but addressing a fifth string cornerback with a reach in the second round only gets a D? What do you consider a fail? I'm curious.

Edit: And if the kid is to be a safety, I don't know how you can explain to me how we stay put for this guy who is obviously going to be there, when Brown falls to us. So much for picking the best value. I'm furious about the last pick. My personal opinion was to trade it and another to move 4 picks and snag the USC ILB, but the Bills would never do anything that makes perfect sense.

Let's see:

1. Drafted a pass rusher - which is something this team sucks at. Doesn't matter if he can't play every down. If he can help on 3rd downs, he'll be worth it.

2. Drafted a starting OLineman. An interior one at that. I was so amazed I almost passed out.

3. Drafted what is likely to be one of the starting safeties on opening day.

That's not a bad first day haul, really. We'll know for sure in a couple of seasons.

maybin B has a lot of potential but needs to live up to it (potential for boom or bust with little in between)

Wood A+ i love having a nasty angry G/C

Byrd F he might be a decent player and have a fine career but i dont like him here for the bills. i would MUCH rather the bills gone for LB/T/TE or even everette brown here

So the Bills WEREN'T permanently banned from drafting o-linemen on the first day after the Mike Williams fiasco? Who knew?

B from me, with room to move in either direction if a.) Maybin doesn't live up to the hype or b.) Byrd becomes a solid starter at S. The draft is still a crapshoot, of course -- but right now, there's not much to dislike about the Wood or Levitre selections.

So the Bills WEREN'T permanently banned from drafting o-linemen on the first day after the Mike Williams fiasco? Who knew?

B from me, with room to move in either direction if a.) Maybin doesn't live up to the hype or b.) Byrd becomes a solid starter at S. The draft is still a crapshoot, of course -- but right now, there's not much to dislike about the Wood or Levitre selections.

A-/B+ The second day could impact that score, though.

The more I read about Byrd the more I like that pick. I would have been slightly happier with Orakpo over Maybin, but love the 2 interior lineman picks.

Word for word, JR...word for word.

i like your opinion and analysis...

solid b... i think people forget it is easy to get the great picks when you are drafting in the top 5,we werent even in the top 10, one corner and 3 lineman is awesome.draft day every team thinks they did good.now we have to coach these players and that is where the bills lack of success will come.hopefully this is the last year of coach jauron....go bills in"2012

We got the best pass rusher in Maybin (just say no to "takes plays off" Orakpo), got the best Center in Wood, and the best multipurpose Guard/Tackle in the Draft in Levitre.

Plus a CB/Safety who'll be groomed to compete at Safety. I hear he also returns punts.

NOW....

I have three choices at TE for RD4 #121 (Coffman will be long gone by our pick)

------------James Casey---this guy is married, mature, smart (3.84 average in college), strong, and a playmaker.

------------Travis Beckum--good mix of blocking and receiving.

------------Cornelius Ingram---I like his attitude, confident guy. I have him going to us at #121.

I think we sign Freddy Keiaho to address our need at OLB.

In Round 5, I want a DT next to Stroud:

------------Corvey Irvin---Popular pick on TSW

------------Vance Walker-Here's your high character off the field, mean on the field types. Winner of Humanitarian award.

In Round 6, get a guy to compete for #3 QB:

-----------Hunter Cantwell

-----------Brian Johnson---- Utah pass/run, decisive

Finally, in RD7, get a FB:

---------Tony Fiammetta

---------Anthony Sherman-pretty good receiver as well

---------Brannan Southerland

Potential is there to have an "A-" Draft; we're at "B-" now.