Hi Everybody!

I was on such a high from #28 that it didn't really phase me as you would expect. It was a dumbass pick mind you, but this is the price we pay as Bills Fans.

That said, my patience will run thin with a db in round 4.

I've been out working all day (I know missed all the fun). I gotta say though, on the surface, a DE, a Center, a Guard on day 1... wow. At least we have to give the FO credit for trying. I'm not smart enough to know if these guys are the best guys, good guys, or suck; but at least they're linemen. I'm happy.

Now, the safety pick is a whatever. But, 3 out of 4 ain't bad.

So, seriously, Bill, how do you think we did with day 1? You know the linemen better than I.

I've been out working all day (I know missed all the fun). I gotta say though, on the surface, a DE, a Center, a Guard on day 1... wow. At least we have to give the FO credit for trying. I'm not smart enough to know if these guys are the best guys, good guys, or suck; but at least they're linemen. I'm happy.

Now, the safety pick is a whatever. But, 3 out of 4 ain't bad.

So, seriously, Bill, how do you think we did with day 1? You know the linemen better than I.

I don't know much about Maybin. He is small; perhaps he can play LB?

I have posted about Levitre many times. The guy played both tackle positions, so you can assume that he can move. Wood did 30 reps at the combines and is said to spend hours watching film.

Overall, I like this draft. We got 2 bruisers. If they are good, this will be a different football team. We need that push on 3rd and 1 instead of fatso Dockery standing around with a clean uniform.

The OT and DT situations are still not good, and I am not sold on any of our TEs. I hope we get lucky in the later rounds. It is possible, ya know?

I don't know much about Maybin. He is small; perhaps he can play LB?

I have posted about Levitre many times. The guy played both tackle positions, so you can assume that he can move. Wood did 30 reps at the combines and is said to spend hours watching film.

Overall, I like this draft. We got 2 bruisers. If they are good, this will be a different football team. We need that push on 3rd and 1 instead of fatso Dockery standing around with a clean uniform.

The OT and DT situations are still not good, and I am not sold on any of our TEs. I hope we get lucky in the later rounds. It is possible, ya know?

Thanks. I know little about any of these guys. According to PFW, Maybin is the #1 DE, Levitre is the #1 G, and Wood was the #2 C. For whatever their rankings are worth. So, yeah, I guess I'm reasonably impressed with the FO.

I agree. THE OT and DT positions are still an area of concern. But, we can't fix them all at once. I would say of our lines, the DE and C/G positions werer the weakest; so I'm glad that's what they addressed.

I'm actually more concerned with Ellison starting at LB than I am Fine/Shouman at TE (not that I think either of those 2 guys are good). With luck at least one of those positions gets an upgrade.

Thanks. I know little about any of these guys. According to PFW, Maybin is the #1 DE, Levitre is the #1 G, and Wood was the #2 C. For whatever their rankings are worth. So, yeah, I guess I'm reasonably impressed with the FO.

I agree. THE OT and DT positions are still an area of concern. But, we can't fix them all at once. I would say of our lines, the DE and C/G positions werer the weakest; so I'm glad that's what they addressed.

I'm actually more concerned with Ellison starting at LB than I am Fine/Shouman at TE (not that I think either of those 2 guys are good). With luck at least one of those positions gets an upgrade.

Yup. Still need at least one more starting-quality LB, in my opinion. (Maybin isn't it unless they go to a hybrid 3-4, and I don't see that happening.)

Yup. Still need at least one more starting-quality LB, in my opinion. (Maybin isn't it unless they go to a hybrid 3-4, and I don't see that happening.)

I agree. I'm gonna go out on a limb and pretend I know what I'm talking about; but I think Maybin will stay at DE. So, they still need a LB. Not sure if anyone is left worth much though.

i honestly think that with the way our interior Oline is looking, we are perfectly fine with Walker/Chambers/Bell at the Tackle positions. while all line positions are important, i think tackle is the most overrated. if you really solidify your interior, your tackles will be much better. where as a great tackle doesnt do much to help a mediocre Center. the Bills have proved that recently.

What the Bills need more than an all around good DE is a pass rusher. I see no problem at all with Kelsay starting at DE this year with Maybin coming in on passing downs and just trying to get to the QB rather than trying right now to be a 4 down DE. Let him spend a year getting bigger and stronger and learning more moves and how to play against the run. Right now we need him to just go after the QB rather than learn how to read the play. That's why a rusher like Maybin wasn't a bad pick.

I was on such a high from #28 that it didn't really phase me as you would expect. It was a dumbass pick mind you, but this is the price we pay as Bills Fans.

That said, my patience will run thin with a db in round 4.

We love you Bill.

I get the feeling the Bills felt the need to throw DJ a bone, with him probably locked out of room for the first round. Going DL and OL in the first is a step in the right direction, albeit something they shoulda done a long time ago.

Byrd ran a 4.69 at the combine and represents the 8th DB selected out of 31 picks by DJ's Bills. They've also signed numerous UFA's, yet we needed another DB. Funny how the secondary never gets enough attention.

We love you Bill.

I get the feeling the Bills felt the need to throw DJ a bone, with him probably locked out of room for the first round. Going DL and OL in the first is a step in the right direction, albeit something they shoulda done a long time ago.

Byrd ran a 4.69 at the combine and represents the 8th DB selected out of 31 picks by DJ's Bills. They've also signed numerous UFA's, yet we needed another DB. Funny how the secondary never gets enough attention.

But as stupid as that move was, I am feeling a sense of peace after this draft. The 42nd pick is late for Jauron to draft a defensive back. They should have grabbed Levitre right there and kept the 3rd, but I am still feeling good about the overall day.

Are we dreaming, or did we really take a first round interior lineman, the first since Ruben Brown, AND a 2nd????? I think that many of the younger fans don't fully understand how good this is.

The Bills have to run. They have no choice. Forgetting about the climate, who here really thinks that Losman or Edwards were equipped to carry this team? Edwards is young and I think that he will get better, but will he ever be Peyton Manning? Of course not. Even Kelly needed a strong running game.

I don't even know if both Wood and Levitre will start right away, but one of them certainly will. It will be quite interesting to see what they do tomorrow but right now, I am liking this.

What the Bills need more than an all around good DE is a pass rusher. I see no problem at all with Kelsay starting at DE this year with Maybin coming in on passing downs and just trying to get to the QB rather than trying right now to be a 4 down DE. Let him spend a year getting bigger and stronger and learning more moves and how to play against the run. Right now we need him to just go after the QB rather than learn how to read the play. That's why a rusher like Maybin wasn't a bad pick.

Knowing how DJ absolutely refuses to play rookies, it'll be interesting to see where Maybin fits in. I'd like to see him featured on passing downs as well. I can't help but think DJ has to change things he'll prefer not to, i.e. playing rookies over experienced vets who aren't as talented.

I like Maybin's explosiveness off the edge, his 10 yard split was impressive. I really don't care who's getting to QB, as long as the Bills DL can do it. Whether DJ is willing to take a risk and play rookies is another matter.

Knowing how DJ absolutely refuses to play rookies, it'll be interesting to see where Maybin fits in. I'd like to see him featured on passing downs as well. I can't help but think DJ has to change things he'll prefer not to, i.e. playing rookies over experienced vets who aren't as talented.

I like Maybin's explosiveness off the edge, his 10 yard split was impressive. I really don't care who's getting to QB, as long as the Bills DL can do it. Whether DJ is willing to take a risk and play rookies is another matter.

He played Lynch and Poz right off the bat. There was no way that McLovin was starting right away last year unless there was an injury and then he started. He had no problem starting Edwards at QB as a #3. Not sure that is a good criticism. Jauron is hanging on by the skin of his teeth. There is no question in my mind that Maybin will be in right away on passing downs unless he is hurt.

Who's panicking? Wood at G (where he played in the Senior Bowl) might end up being the right call.

Another first-day DB, on the other hand ... unless he ends up being the next Ed Reed, that one's worth a little mockery.

Just a tiny bit?