Round 2, Pick 42: JAIRUS BYRD, CB, Oregon

At least 80% of you are overreacting bitches. Did the thought that we NEED ANOTHER SAFETY cross your mind before you decided to spew off at the mouth? A ball-hawk like Byrd is exactly what we need to pair with the hard hitting Whitner.

Considering how many CB's we drafted over the last few years, I'm just puzzled by this one. If they use him as a Safety, then I see the pick as justified, because I know the team is losing it's patience with Ko Simpson.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Orakpo - especially the film of him spending the afternoon on his ass against Pettigrew.

I don't know much about Maybin and neither does anyone posting on this board. I hope he turns out to be awesome.

I love your sensibilities on draft day Darin. I agree 100%.

at first I was like WTF but after further review I love the pick! What is not to love about a play making FS? This frees up Whitner to play SS and we are way set at CB. If we generate a pass rush (Maybin and Ellis should help) and if we stay healthy this defense could be excellent!

Considering how many CB's we drafted over the last few years, I'm just puzzled by this one. If they use him as a Safety, then I see the pick as justified, because I know the team is losing it's patience with Ko Simpson.

“We’re looking at trying him at free safety,” said Catavolos. “He can play a number of positions for us. I think that he can be a productive free safety. He’s got excellent ball skills, he reads the quarterback well, he plays the ball well in the air. So this is a flexible athlete for us.”

“We’re looking at trying him at free safety,” said Catavolos. “He can play a number of positions for us. I think that he can be a productive free safety. He’s got excellent ball skills, he reads the quarterback well, he plays the ball well in the air. So this is a flexible athlete for us.”

I feel much better about this pick. If we can generate a decent pass rush this season, hopefully we'll see a lot of turnovers from our secondary.

Its already been confirmed that he is a safety for the Bills. He was drafted to play S. Its not that big of a concern for me, but i tire of the whining retards.

I found the link to the article on BB.com.

That is quite interesting. Especially since Donte Whitner said himself that he was switching to FS.

At least 80% of you are overreacting bitches. Did the thought that we NEED ANOTHER SAFETY cross your mind before you decided to spew off at the mouth? A ball-hawk like Byrd is exactly what we need to pair with the hard hitting Whitner.

Man, I totally agree. What happened to Bills fans? Getting a little soft in the main region huh?

I found the link to the article on BB.com.

That is quite interesting. Especially since Donte Whitner said himself that he was switching to FS.

Maybe Scott and Byrd end up starters, with Lil' Donte as depth.

The worst pick in the history of the Buffalo Bills. Russ Brandon and Dick Jauron should be ashamed of themselves.

talk about the most inept front office in the history of pro sports.

I wish I was in charge of the Bills. We'd be in the playoffs every year.

He may be switched to S by the Bills, but he was a CB at Oregon. A pretty good CB.

Why do some of you think he's an instant starter at S anyway? They are trying to find a home for Donte and moving him to FS. Scott has played well enough at SS, enough so that they are moving Whitner. They have Ko Simpson and some depth at S. At CB, otoh they lost Greer and have a hole at CB to fill. So they pick a guy that was a pretty good cover CB in the pass happy PAC-10. Putting all their eggs in Drayton Florence's basket did not appear to be what Dick had in mind.

I'll be quite surprised if Ko Simpson is on the roster come September.

The worst pick in the history of the Buffalo Bills. Russ Brandon and Dick Jauron should be ashamed of themselves.

talk about the most inept front office in the history of pro sports.

I wish I was in charge of the Bills. We'd be in the playoffs every year.

Talk about the most inept post i've ever read

You people wouldn't want a playmaking ball hog INT hard hitting freak at FS

Great pick

Talk about the most inept post i've ever read

You people wouldn't want a playmaking ball hog INT hard hitting freak at FS

Great pick

You stole my post. I was going to quote that idiot and respond, too.

Also, knowing what we all know now about the Bills' intentions with this kid, going back and reading this thread from post 1 is the funniest thing I have ever read on TBD. Great stuff guys!!! I actually envisioned people jumping out of their windows and hitting their wives over the head with beer bottles!! Great stuff!!

Ninja edit update - Not sure if this was mentioned, but he played QB in High School as well.....pretty solid athlete