PFT Final Mock; What is Florio smoking

Never trust Florio for actual football analysis. He gets good information, he's a whiz with contracts, and he's got great intuition on how owners and general managers think as far as hiring and firing goes.

But he doesn't really know that much about what's going on on the field. And for what it's worth, this draft is allegedly coming from some random scout he won't name. Yeah, it's probably him, but if it is, he won't even stand behind it. He's just shooting the breeze.

reading his blog of late, it's extremely clear that he doesn't have any idea how the NFL draft really operates. He's basically a gossip blogger. NFL execs and scouts don't judge players by the same nonsense Florio does.

Example - he insinuates that Raji is a lazy bum and teams will question drafting him because he said he was bored when he worked at K-Mart when he was 16! Unless you are looking for a reason to dump on someone, all that tells me is that Raji has at least half a brain. I would question the sanity of someone that found a job like that as a 16 year old an enthralling experience.

That's nuts.

Its also why I wouldn't rule it out entirely. The Bills almost always throw one curveball in the first few picks. I fully expect that 11th pick to go as we believe it will, but as I stated yesterday, I would not be shocked to see them select a CB or a WR at 28, depending on who they pick at 11 and how the rest of R1 goes.

The reason? McGee will be 30 next year and Owens is a one-year rental. They could very well have a problem at both spots going into next season and as much as the draft is for filling immediate needs, its also for building a team's future. I'm not saying it will happen or its something I would do, but just something I would not be surprised by and something that I think they actually can justify.

Which is why they should have re-signed Greer at some point last season and then let McGee walk after 2009 when he hits UFA status.

I completely agree, but at this point, it can't be changed. He's gone and the Bills will almost certainly have a major need at the CB position within a couple of years.

That's nuts.

Its also why I wouldn't rule it out entirely. The Bills almost always throw one curveball in the first few picks. I fully expect that 11th pick to go as we believe it will, but as I stated yesterday, I would not be shocked to see them select a CB or a WR at 28, depending on who they pick at 11 and how the rest of R1 goes.

The reason? McGee will be 30 next year and Owens is a one-year rental. They could very well have a problem at both spots going into next season and as much as the draft is for filling immediate needs, its also for building a team's future. I'm not saying it will happen or its something I would do, but just something I would not be surprised by and something that I think they actually can justify.

As someone said he's just reviewing the Bills draft history. I would be shocked if a first round pick was spent on a CB but I'm modifying my mock to put a CB earlier in the draft.

Which is why they should have re-signed Greer at some point last season and then let McGee walk after 2009 when he hits UFA status.

I suspect McGee's going to walk anyway....by then LM should be the #1 cb and Youboty can slide into the #2 role.

That's nuts.

I was with you word for word until the last sentence. There is no justification for repeating a pattern of losing and stupidity. If there was, I would be glad to see Jauron coming back.

They can't justify fielding a small, non-aggressive dome style team in Buffalo. It isn't possible.

Make no mistake, they really might do something this dumb, but there can be no justification for repeating mistakes that deprive guys like us from seeing a playoff game.

I was with you word for word until the last sentence. There is no justification for repeating a pattern of losing and stupidity. If there was, I would be glad to see Jauron coming back.

They can't justify fielding a small, non-aggressive dome style team in Buffalo. It isn't possible.

Make no mistake, they really might do something this dumb, but there can be no justification for repeating mistakes that deprive guys like us from seeing a playoff game.

Malcolm Jenkins...A Clear and Present Danger.

Sorry, Bill... :thumbsup: