Pettigrew Love?

I don`t get it . First trouble with the law stricking a police officer and drunk in public charges. Slow as hell. Real Td threat ....0 . Great blocker with hands. Didn`t we just get rid of a guy like him. ( robert Royal) ? 1st rd pick ? Not by me ,too many other more important needs. De or two. An olb ,you really want Ellison? A o-lineman. He will not be that big of an impact player .

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don`t get it . First trouble with the law stricking a police officer and drunk in public charges. Slow as hell. Real Td threat ....0 . Great blocker with hands. Didn`t we just get rid of a guy like him. ( robert Royal) ? 1st rd pick ? Not by me ,too many other more important needs. De or two. An olb ,you really want Ellison? A o-lineman. He will not be that big of an impact player .

I agree and have been saying this for a while. We dont know how Fine will be this season but we have alot bigger issues on our team. I dont want to see Keith Ellison on the feild unless its on special teams and same goes for Denny and Kelsay, unless they fill in for a play to give our studs a breather. I really want a stud OLB like coushing or even mathews and tyson jackson (even though he is better fit in a 3-4) Orakpo (my #1 choise) he is a monster and i dont think he is the steriotypical lazy texas longhorn. I also like Everette Brown and I am undecided on Maybin but the scouts seem to think he is the best in the group. If all three or 4 of these DE's fall to us at 11 then if we can trade up for more picks then lets do it. As long as we get DE and OLB with our first two picks I will be a happy bills fan. Maybe try to get that Oklahoma guard in the second round or one of the three centers (wood, mack, unger) in the second. TE's are deep and we can get a good one in the third if we want. I also really want John Henderson and would be willing to part with a 3rd or a 4th and roscoe.

It's not all about stats dude. He's not slow, and plays very fast according to many scouts. Also, he went to Oklahoma State, a team that was the epitome of a run-first offense.

A 4.9 forty kid is slow. He never had a catch over 10 yds. Trouble with the law. He will look even slower in the NFL. Watch some film on him. If you can`t see it . You are blind.

Pettigrew routinely takes on DE's with no problems. He MANHANDLED Brian Orakpo when OSU played Texas this past season. He is a shifty enough route runner to get open, albeit only 8-10 yards down the field, but 8-10 yards usually equals 1st downs all day long. He has good hands, is a good blocker, and runs good routes for a guy 6'5" 265lbs. He would make a serious impact on our offense and be some one else to help open up the field for our WR's and RB's, in the passing game and running game. Worthy of #11? I don't think so. Worthy of our #28 if he's still on the board? Definitely :huh: I can't believe that you even brought up Robert "Stone Hands" Royal. That's a pretty low blow there.

I don't understand why some are so worried about who the Bills will draft considering how many NEEDS they have. They traded their best OT and now want to trade a starting WR and DE.Then they dumped the only good starting blocking TE in Royal. I's suspect the Bills will select the best available player that fits their needs,it all depends on how the draft shakes out.

When they selected Whitner they took the 59th best rated player to fill a need at safety,so i have no doubt they will draft for a need position again bscause they need to fill so many poitions and TE is one of them.

It might even be CB Malcom Jenkins :huh:

1. Aaron Curry OLB

2. Jason Smith OT

3. Michael Crabtree WR

4. B.J. Raji DT ***

5. Eugene Monroe OT ***

6. Aaron Maybin DE ***

7. Matthew Stafford QB*

8. Mark Sanchez QB*

9. Brian Orakpo DE***

10. Andre Smith OT***

11. Jeremy Maclin WR**

12. Knowshon Moreno RB---

13. Malcolm Jenkins CB**

14. Tyson Jackson DE

15. Robert Ayers DE***

16. Chris Wells RB---

17. Brandon Pettigrew***

English I agree would help . Go look at tape of E.Brown & English, they are explosive as hell. Then look at the other De`s. Not even close.

isnt maybin as explosive if not more explosive than these two? all the draft gurus say he has the quickest first step out of any de in this years draft class.

Explain WHy???.

Why? There hasn't been a better run/catch combination TE that has come out of college as good as Pettigrew in a long time.

You have to remember Buffaloed, He came from a program that ran the ball as much as any other team in all of college football at OK. state. Just to put things into perspective for you, Ok. State has had more yards rushing than passing in each of the last 3 years. So at 6'5 265 lbs and being the man that he is, he was used to demolish defenders at the point of attack. I don't know if you caught the Texas game but he manhandled Orapko on numerous occasions and Orapko is a DE who is known for his strength, he is that good in the run pass blocking game.

So he wasn't used as much as he could of been in Ok. State's system. Mike Gundy has publicly stated that Pettigrew's numbers could of been a lot more impressive than what they were if they passed the ball more. He still managed to improve every season and if it wasn't for his ankle injury in his senior season, where he missed 4 games, if you prorate his numbers he would of had 63 receptions and 700 yards in a run run team. So his numbers his senior year would of been very impressive had he not gotten injured.

The scouts say his hands are very soft and that he can catch balls fluidly above his head on the run with ease. He is very agile and quick for his size, which helps him separate. he has good jumping ability and he is a huge target.

The coaches say he has a deep desire to improve and that he loves the game. I see you keep bringing up his character issue that he had, but I suppose you havn't read where that NFL teams are not concerned with it, because they know he is a good kid and that they believe it was a one time incident.

Coaches say he loves to practice and has a terrific attitude.

What you have to remember, which I feel like many people forget to do is that Tight Ends are there to block and catch passes. If you have a Tight End that is not able to block effectively than you are not getting full use of your TE.

This kid is the total package. I know you like Jared Cook, but every time you mention something about him, the only thing you mention about him is his athletic ability and that he is fast. Jared Cook is a phenomenal athlete, but he isn't a Football player. Steve Spurrier has questioned his work ethic, his intensity at practice and they consider him a "non willing blocker" . His production was never anything special and other than his athletic ability, he has shown very little.

Pettigrew is going to help us out immediately. In my view and many others he is the most NFL ready player to come out of college this year. He will help us out in the run game right from the beginning, he will help us in the passing game by staying back and helping block to allow our receivers to have time to get open, and he will help us out as a great short / huge intermediate pass target, safety valve for Trent.

The other guys could turn out to be decent Tight Ends, but their learning curve is going to be much larger than Pettigrew's when we need them to block. Let's not forget, that we run %50 of the time. So we do need blocking equally as much as passing, and he gives us the best option.

So that's why

you should read this article

http://buf.scout.com/2/858448.html

Why? There hasn't been a better run/catch combination TE that has come out of college as good as Pettigrew in a long time.

You have to remember Buffaloed, He came from a program that ran the ball as much as any other team in all of college football at OK. state. Just to put things into perspective for you, Ok. State has had more yards rushing than passing in each of the last 3 years. So at 6'5 265 lbs and being the man that he is, he was used to demolish defenders at the point of attack. I don't know if you caught the Texas game but he manhandled Orapko on numerous occasions and Orapko is a DE who is known for his strength, he is that good in the run pass blocking game.

So he wasn't used as much as he could of been in Ok. State's system. Mike Gundy has publicly stated that Pettigrew's numbers could of been a lot more impressive than what they were if they passed the ball more. He still managed to improve every season and if it wasn't for his ankle injury in his senior season, where he missed 4 games, if you prorate his numbers he would of had 63 receptions and 700 yards in a run run team. So his numbers his senior year would of been very impressive had he not gotten injured.

The scouts say his hands are very soft and that he can catch balls fluidly above his head on the run with ease. He is very agile and quick for his size, which helps him separate. he has good jumping ability and he is a huge target.

Ive watched his video and to ME he looks really slow. Too slow to be any type of pass receiving threat . yes he can block and catch a ball, but a 4.9 forty is really slow.a backer in the nfl can cover him with ease. Time will tell.

The coaches say he has a deep desire to improve and that he loves the game. I see you keep bringing up his character issue that he had, but I suppose you havn't read where that NFL teams are not concerned with it, because they know he is a good kid and that they believe it was a one time incident.

Coaches say he loves to practice and has a terrific attitude.

What you have to remember, which I feel like many people forget to do is that Tight Ends are there to block and catch passes. If you have a Tight End that is not able to block effectively than you are not getting full use of your TE.

This kid is the total package. I know you like Jared Cook, but every time you mention something about him, the only thing you mention about him is his athletic ability and that he is fast. Jared Cook is a phenomenal athlete, but he isn't a Football player. Steve Spurrier has questioned his work ethic, his intensity at practice and they consider him a "non willing blocker" . His production was never anything special and other than his athletic ability, he has shown very little.

Pettigrew is going to help us out immediately. In my view and many others he is the most NFL ready player to come out of college this year. He will help us out in the run game right from the beginning, he will help us in the passing game by staying back and helping block to allow our receivers to have time to get open, and he will help us out as a great short / huge intermediate pass target, safety valve for Trent.

The other guys could turn out to be decent Tight Ends, but their learning curve is going to be much larger than Pettigrew's when we need them to block. Let's not forget, that we run %50 of the time. So we do need blocking equally as much as passing, and he gives us the best option.

So that's why

you should read this article

http://buf.scout.com/2/858448.html

A 4.9 forty kid is slow. He never had a catch over 10 yds. Trouble with the law. He will look even slower in the NFL. Watch some film on him. If you can`t see it . You are blind.

I'm not the smartest guy around but how does a player average 12.9 (and 15.4 ypc one season) yards per catch for his career without a catch over 10 yards??? :huh:

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/cviewpla...sp?Player=36850

I don't understand why some are so worried about who the Bills will draft considering how many NEEDS they have. They traded their best OT and now want to trade a starting WR and DE.Then they dumped the only good starting blocking TE in Royal. I's suspect the Bills will select the best available player that fits their needs,it all depends on how the draft shakes out.

When they selected Whitner they took the 59th best rated player to fill a need at safety,so i have no doubt they will draft for a need position again bscause they need to fill so many poitions and TE is one of them.

It might even be CB Malcom Jenkins :huh:

1. Aaron Curry OLB

2. Jason Smith OT

3. Michael Crabtree WR

4. B.J. Raji DT ***

5. Eugene Monroe OT ***

6. Aaron Maybin DE ***

7. Matthew Stafford QB*

8. Mark Sanchez QB*

9. Brian Orakpo DE***

10. Andre Smith OT***

11. Jeremy Maclin WR**