Pettigrew Love?

A 4.9 forty kid is slow. He never had a catch over 10 yds.

He ran in the low 4.8s, but scouts universally, without exception, say that he plays faster than that. And to say he never had a catch over 10 yards ... get a clue.

If you don't like him, fine, but don't tell lies about the guy.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, he did either elbow or forearm a cop in a melee outside a bar. But Modrak has said that they interviewed him and that they think he is a good kid. The Bills don't tell what they are going to do before a draft, but they don't lie either. If they don't take Pettigrew, it won't be because they are worried about his character.

Royal had hands? Really? Wish he'd used them once in a while. His hands were very inconsistent.

Slow as hell? This just isn't true. Not extremely fast. Yup. That's right. So the question is whether you can get by with a recieving TE who has all the other things you need from a recieving TE but is not upper echelon fast. IMHO, the Bills want a TE who can block. They have had chance after chance after chance to get recieving TEs who can't block, year after year, and they have never done it. I just don't think they value TEs high unless they can block. And the fact is that for TEs who can block, there are only two or three guys in the world who also have upper echelon speed. You can wait forever for guys like that to come along and they often go top 10.

I think the Bills believe Pettigrew would be good value at #11. I just think that the trade of Peters created a massive hole at LT which can't satisfactorily be filled later. I think the trade of Peters doomed us to live without Pettigrew.

I don't think the Bills are going to with an OT at 11 unless one of the top 3 drop to them. I don't see any of the other OT's starting at LT this coming year. Maybe in a year or two, but not right away. This team needs immediate help. Thats why I see TE, OG and OLB as our first 3 picks. We can get 3 immediate starters. Then maybe take 2 OT's later on and hope one of them surprises.

I don't think the Bills are going to with an OT at 11 unless one of the top 3 drop to them. I don't see any of the other OT's starting at LT this coming year. Maybe in a year or two, but not right away. This team needs immediate help. Thats why I see TE, OG and OLB as our first 3 picks. We can get 3 immediate starters. Then maybe take 2 OT's later on and hope one of them surprises.

I agree with everything that you said here. I just think that Andre Smith has a good chance of falling to us at #11, and he's surely one of the top 3.

There is even a rumor that we are thinking of trading up to get Andre Smith.

http://buf.scout.com/

Think what you will of that one. But if Smith is available, I don't think they hesitate for a second, and they might even go Oher if Smith is gone. IMHO, obviously. LT is now the largest gaping hole on the roster, at a position which may determine whether we once again see Trent writhing on the field with injury at some point.

Draft a TE at 11?

Why don't we just draft a punter they have about the same effect. Someone please tell me the last impact TE who took his team to playoff wins?

A good Oline or Dline can drag you places, a great QB speaks for itself..a great Tight End is like owning the best type of wheel barrow. Who f$$ing cares

Draft a TE at 11?

Why don't we just draft a punter they have about the same effect. Someone please tell me the last impact TE who took his team to playoff wins?

A good Oline or Dline can drag you places, a great QB speaks for itself..a great Tight End is like owning the best type of wheel barrow. Who f$$ing cares

Antonio Gates, Gonzalez, Witten, Coates.

It really goes without saying, but obviously a game breaking TE is far more important than a punter. Plus, we have a punter.

If the defense can't get off the field it won't matter who plays tight end. Plain and simple.

The team has more than just one pick. We can take Defense at 28, 42, etc.

The defensive ends available then will be just as good as Ayers, Maybin, et al.

A 4.9 forty kid is slow. He never had a catch over 10 yds. Trouble with the law. He will look even slower in the NFL. Watch some film on him. If you can`t see it . You are blind.

Sounds like the perfect player for this team.

According to many, Edwards never throws a pass more than 10 yards.

Pettigrew can block, and even if he's slow he can turn those passes Royal dropped into positive plays.

Why the Pettigrew hate?

Sounds like the perfect player for this team.

According to many, Edwards never throws a pass more than 10 yards.

Pettigrew can block, and even if he's slow he can turn those passes Royal dropped into positive plays.

Why the Pettigrew hate?

I haven't seen too many people on TSW who hate Pettigrew. Most of the people like him, they just think 11 is too high. I think we have to take him at 11 or we won't get him. But I understand why people think its high for a TE.

He ran in the low 4.8s, but scouts universally, without exception, say that he plays faster than that. And to say he never had a catch over 10 yards ... get a clue.

If you don't like him, fine, but don't tell lies about the guy.

His second run at the combine was a 4.9

I'm not sure why everyone here thinks that the tackles who will be available at 11 project to be so much better than the tackles at 28. Pettigrew can block. Period. That hepls the run game, that helps the passing game, oh, and he can catch which also hepls the passing game. He is, by far, the best tight end. All of you who think that another tight end in the draft can do what Pettigrew can are mistaken. So, he's doesn't have blazing speed. Does Gonzalez? Everyone wanted us to trade for him. We need help. Great players, great team players. This guys loves to block as much as a lineman. Read the article that was previously posted on Pettigrew. IMHO, he helps us more at 11 (of the players who project to be there) than anyone else. IF he's the FO choice, I'd be thrilled to have a guy like this one my team. I don't think he'll last to #28.

Here's a feature I found on Pettigrew. Interesting stuff.

Would you guys take him at No. 11. Gonna be tempting. I really don't think Buffalo could get him at 28.

There is a reason the guy is rated in the top 10-15 on many many boards. He played in a dominate running offense so his blocking skills are best in the draft. He can step in and give a team a solid player at a position it usually takes years to develop. See Greg Olsen and Vernon Davis who both have the speed and hands and were supposed to be the next Antonio Gates, but aren't there yet.

He has long arms and soft hands and if you watched any film on him he rarely drops balls and catches everything even close to him. Granted he doesn't have supreme speed like Olsen and Davis but I'll bet he starts this next season and plays very well.

If the Bills somehow get him I'd be happy,they haven't had a Blocking TE like him since Pete Metzelaars of the 90's SB teams

Both Philly and Atlanta are desperate for a solid TE and will draft Pettigrew if he falls to them,perhaps not Atlanta now that they traded for Gonzalaz.

After trading away Peters to Philly I feel the Bills will go OT if anyone decent is there at 11,or a DE again depending on who is there.