Russ Brandon TXT Chat

I figure I got nothing better to do tonight since the girlfriend is at work, might as well transcribe the chat for those who didnt sign up (not sure if BB.com is going to post a transcript...). Just hit refresh, I'm going to just edit the below posts rather then put new posts in this thread.

First question: Russ, what do you think of this year's TE Class?

Russ: Its a strong TE class with numerous players with productive careers, both in pass and run. College spread offenses have led to added production at TE

Question Two: Russ, do you feel that finding another defensive playmaker is a must in this draft?

Russ: We are always looking for playmakers on either side of the ball.

Question Three: What do you think of QB Drew Willy in the later rounds?

Russ: Drew has had a very productive career at UB. He is a great ambassador for the university and should be in an NFL camp

Question Four: What position would you like to address most in this year's draft?

Russ: We go into the draft by staying true to our board and the year long work done by our scouts

Question Five: Thanks Russ for taking a chance on T.O. What was your overall goal by bringing him in?

Russ: Our goal was to add another playmaker to the offense and we achieved that in acquiring Owens and Dominic Rhodes

Question Six: What are the chances of trading down on draft day?

Russ: Heading into the draft as an organization you always keep and open mind, but we are very comfortable with 3 picks in the top 42

Question Seven: Hey Russ, who is your sleeper pick? (this one ought to be good)

Russ: Someone seems to always emerge, much like Steve Johnson who was a 7th round pick last year

Question Eight: How do you blend the draft after your efforts in Free Agency?

Russ: Its all part of the process. We have been very active this year in free agency in acquiring talent that will help us out on both sides of the ball.

Question Nine: What about the O-Line in Free Agency?

Russ: We picked up Geoff Hangartner who is a player on the rise and Seth McKinney who is a versatile player who started many games in the league.

And thats it. Some amazing insight into GM-speak

Question Two: Russ, do you feel that finding another defensive playmaker is a must in this draft?

Russ: We are always looking for playmakers on either side of the ball.

Question Three: What do you think of QB Drew Willy in the later rounds?

Russ: Drew has had a very productive career at UB. He is a great ambassador for the university and should be in an NFL camp

Question Four: What position would you like to address most in this year's draft?

Russ: We go into the draft by staying true to our board and the year long work done by our scouts

Question Five: Thanks Russ for taking a chance on T.O. What was your overall goal by bringing him in?

Russ: Our goal was to add another playmaker to the offense and we achieved that in acquiring Owens and Dominic Rhodes

Question Six: What are the chances of trading down on draft day?

Russ: Heading into the draft as an organization you always keep and open mind, but we are very comfortable with 3 picks in the top 42

Question Seven: Hey Russ, who is your sleeper pick? (this one ought to be good)

Is this really what he is saying or is it a joke?

Half of his answers don't answer the question he was asked.

What was the point of this? (I'm not attacking the poster at all) I mean what is the point of this Q and A. These were generic things we already know.

Fan interaction. It's all the rage, you know. I liked how Brandon's performance at the pre-draft luncheon was described to me: "typically evasive."

That said, thanks for sharing your boredom with us, BGiM. (No, wait. That didn't come out right. Seriously, thanks, and please continue.)

That said, thanks for sharing your boredom with us, BGiM. (No, wait. That didn't come out right. Seriously, thanks, and please continue.)

It was either this or going over spreadsheets for a work presentation tomorrow.

Both options turned out equally exciting.

Dominic Rhodes is a playmaker? He of the 3.5 yards per carry variety?

He'll be at the least a good backup to Jackson during Lynch's suspension, but not someone defenses fear.

Then again, it's the say nothing Olympics this week. I feel like Obama's talking during campaign season.

:thumbsup:
Why would he say anything that would give other teams an idea of who the Bills are going to draft, he would be very foolish to do so, and because he didn't come right out and tell everyone what the Bills will do on draft day... :beer: