Jonas Jennings?

I am not saying he should be our starting anything, however what would it hurt to see if theres anything left in his body?....He has been injured so much recently he should be fresh. I actually liked him when he played here. Maybe give him an incentive laden contract and he could be for depth or possibly the RT?...If he cant hack it anymore you cut him...no big deal, besides it never hurts to bring in veterans to compete with unproven young players. I know theres gonna be people that dont want an oft injured player at OBD, but what do we have now anyway?.....btw I would take Jennings attitude over Peters anyday......thoughts?

You do not sign a veteran player who can not stay healthy to roster unless you are wiling to cut him in preseason and sign him again after week 1 otherwise the entire salary is owed. If you are going to rent temp, pay him temporarily.

He has been hurt a lot, but I don't think its any chronic injury recurring.It's been, a foot, a knee, a shoulder ect..

Guy has just been snake bit. Does not mean he couldn't play a full season, just very bad luck.

He is a pretty good LT when healthy

He's still just 29-30 I think so he could still play 3-4 more years.

If I was Brandon I'd for sure bring him in for a work out.

Pass. The lowly Niners wouldn't simply cut him if he had something left. I agree the need at LT must be addressed and bringing in guys to compete is fine, but not him.

Can we stop with the "well, he was cut by XYZ so he must be washed up"? Good players get cut all the time. Just because a guy is not currently on a team, doesn't mean he is garbage. Not saying to sign him for top dollar. But, its worth a visit and a discussion. When healthy, he's as good or better than any tackle on our roster or currently available.

Pass. The lowly Niners wouldn't simply cut him if he had something left. I agree the need at LT must be addressed and bringing in guys to compete is fine, but not him.

Was Jennings a cap casuality? He signed a hefty contract when he went there and this could be getting into those back loaded years that never materialize. He may be washed up but probably worth a look. He had fire and game when he played for us.

He has been hurt a lot, but I don't think its any chronic injury recurring.It's been, a foot, a knee, a shoulder ect..

Guy has just been snake bit. Does not mean he couldn't play a full season, just very bad luck.

He is a pretty good LT when healthy

He's still just 29-30 I think so he could still play 3-4 more years.

If I was Brandon I'd for sure bring him in for a work out.

He'll be 32 this season, and has been put on IR in 3 of the last 4 seasons, missing major time in each of those. I have no problem with giving him a shot at veteran minimum, but I wouldn't expect much to come out of it.

He'll be 32 this season, and has been put on IR in 3 of the last 4 seasons, missing major time in each of those. I have no problem with giving him a shot at veteran minimum, but I wouldn't expect much to come out of it.

If Jennings hadn't been a Bill at one time, his resume would make him the ideal candidate for the kind of guys the Bills normally try to sign, to fix their broken parts. You know, guys who have been on at least two teams, have been disappointments to their current team, and have spent as least as much time on IR as they have on the playing field. Eventually, one of these guys would have to pan out, and be serviceable, right? The law of averages says so...

The Niners released Jennings within hours after they reached agreement with Marvel Smith.

In 4 seasons with San Francisco Jennings played in 23 out of a possible 64 games. He missed 31 games to injury.

He has not officially retired although some would argue that he has already unofficially retired.

He will be 32 years old this November.

He has made over $20 million dollars in the NFL.

There's probably a good reason or several good reasons that no team has shown any interest in him. I'm gonna guess he's not on any team's top twenty free agent list of offensive tackles.

The time off is probably meaningless. His body and genes were injury prone when he was here and his body and genes are probably still injury prone even with time off.

I am not saying he should be our starting anything, however what would it hurt to see if theres anything left in his body?....He has been injured so much recently he should be fresh. I actually liked him when he played here. Maybe give him an incentive laden contract and he could be for depth or possibly the RT?...If he cant hack it anymore you cut him...no big deal, besides it never hurts to bring in veterans to compete with unproven young players. I know theres gonna be people that dont want an oft injured player at OBD, but what do we have now anyway?.....btw I would take Jennings attitude over Peters anyday......thoughts?

Why waste their time? The guy does not want to play football. :rolleyes:

Depth players dont sign incentive laden contracts. Think about it!

The time off is probably meaningless. His body and genes were injury prone when he was here and his body and genes are probably still injury prone even with time off.

Did it come across like I was trying to argue that JJ being placed on IR year after year was a good thing? Because I wasn't.

I am not saying they would bring him in, but it is highly possible they cut him when he wasn't totally washed up, just not worth the mega contract they signed him to a few years ago. He was a huge part of their salary cap if he would have stayed around this season.

I thought about this before, but I've *got* to think that one of our young guys would do a better job at picking up the slack than a debilitated Jonas Jennings. He's not a QB. He can't rely on intelligence and veteran savvy to survive a game here and there like Vinny Testaverde. I'll take my chances and see if Demetrius Bell has managed double-digit reps on the bench before bringing this guy in to fail his physical.