Any Cub Scout parents here?

SDS

Andrew is a Wolf Scout and we are through all the required junk. So, I have to do a meeting on one of the electives. Has anyone here been involved with the scouts? Any ideas and some educational games (teamwork, communication) or anything else in the elective section I could do?

Andrew is a Wolf Scout and we are through all the required junk. So, I have to do a meeting on one of the electives. Has anyone here been involved with the scouts? Any ideas and some educational games (teamwork, communication) or anything else in the elective section I could do?

Well, with Earth Day neigh, you could teach them how to terrorize, inculcate, and recruit younger children with tales about the coming apocalypse, same as school systems and Al Gore do... :angry:

Well, with Earth Day neigh, you could teach them how to terrorize, inculcate, and recruit younger children with tales about the coming apocalypse, same as school systems and Al Gore do... :angry:

Hmmmm... Earth Day. Not a bad theme, despite your sarcasm.

... the next sound you will hear is an axe grinding.

Oh, go pay your U.S. 30% Carbon Tax on your heating, gasoline,and cooling bills and 20% more for goods so China can dig more high-sulfur coal. :devil:

I thought I would go out and start my push mower and let it idle for 20 to 25 minutes this morning. :angry:

Seriously, SDS maybe for an Earth Day project you could teach them how to make a compost pile for recycling of kitchen waste into a suitible soil agent.

I thought I would go out and start my push mower and let it idle for 20 to 25 minutes this morning. :devil:

Mine is a 2-cycle Lawn Boy. Tune-up for the season is cleaning the spark plug and the air filter, filing the blade square, and lubing the rear drive hubs. I push the primer bulb seven times, set the choke, and it starts on the first pull. For 9 years so far.

2-stroke mowers are tops if you have to cut slopes - no splash, unpressurized oil sump to starve out and ruin the motor because of lube starvation, and are lighter than their 4-cycle cousins. Easy to horse around.

They can't sell 2-stroke mowers anymore AFAIK, but you can buy 2-cycle outboard motors anywhere in the US. Same as 2-stroke motorcycles all over the globe. And trimmers. :angry:

Your new 4-cyl. mowers will have a catalytic converter, soon.

Bon apetit! :lol:

Ex-Cub/Boy Scout here... Like to say I was an Eagle, but this underachiever only reached Life before age 18... :angry::devil:

Use this Scott... It will give you all the themes and what-not. Even take it apart with monthly themes, etc.. etc...

Baloo's Bugle

Baloo's will basically walk you through other aspects of the meeting if you want.

My son is a Boy Scout now that he is 10 and earned his Arrow of Light... I have been an assistant with his pack and now serve as assistant ScoutMaster with his upstart (newly chartered) Boy Scout Troop. I also served as assistant with my old troop in WNY after turning 18. If you need anything on camping or what not... I have a lot under my belt including two trips to Philmont and staff work.

Baloo will walk you right through!

:lol:

My kids are involved with "litter-less lunches" at school this week. No baggies, no wrappers, no drinking boxes, so everything is in reuseable containers. It really make you aware about how much waste we create every day, even in our children's lunches.

As an athiest, I'm not allowed to be involved with Boy Scouts.

I stopped contributions to the United Way when I was working, because atheists and homosexuals insisted that the Scouts were an evil organization because they rejected both agendas, and the UW worked to deny them freely-given contribution money.

There was a half-hearted attempt on the part of the United Way to allow contributors to direct their contributions, but that's been weakened.

Basically - give to the United Way and let their well-paid political leadership decide how to mete out your contributions.

So much for embracing diversity, eh? Seems to depend on who's diversity it is...

My kids are involved with "litter-less lunches" at school this week. No baggies, no wrappers, no drinking boxes, so everything is in reuseable containers. It really make you aware about how much waste we create every day, even in our children's lunches.

Not knocking it and all... But recently we were in BFLO and my wife bought one of those "green bags" from Tops... You know the one you reuse for your groceries... I just rolled my eyes :angry::devil: It had a made in China tag... I wonder what kind of "carbon footprint" the used to build that bag? :lol::lol: I think I may be bettere off saving my plastic bags and using them to dispose kitty litter or what not.

:lol::lol:

On a side note (that fits in nicely with this), I would avoid Deano's post about his moving watching experiences with his former teacher and male classmates...

That's gonna haunt Deano on this board for a long, long time. :devil:

Go down the street and ask the loner who always smiles when young boys go by and offers them candy in his house and always wants to show them his puppy! He should have some great ideas!!

Some serious topics:

How to unhook a womans bra.

Tips on how to pick up women like:

1. Tell smart girls they're pretty and pretty girls they're smart! :lol:

2. Always look a woman in the eyes despite the overpowering urge to look at the chest.

3. Never approach a girl with line so do you :angry: !

4. Always wash more than just your crotch before a date.

When you really have to let a huge fart break out at a party walk over to the largest group of guys and wait for the loudest part of the song and let it fly and then walk away to refresh your drink or talk to a friend across the room.

Y'know stuff like that there.

I hope that helps! :lol::lol:

Why would you ever put cat litter in lunches anyway? :angry:

Used or unused. :devil: