The Bills should trade down from their 11th

I think its going to happen. We will get a late round 1 pick and an early 2nd. Maybe an extra 6th or 7th too.

I would DEFINITELY do this

Any takers?

Depends who is there at 11. If we want a pash rusher - I would trade down in a heartbeat as I do not think any of them (Orakpo included) is worth more than say the 17th pick overall....But is say Curry, by some act of God is there...better not try to trade out....

I think if anything we move up at some point to get the player we want. Hopefully we can package something to move up from 28 to around 20 and grab pettigrew.

How many picks do we need? I'm not sure we want to bring in like 12 rookies.

Targeting a particular player and trading up has worked out really well for the Bills recently, hasn't it?

Targeting a particular player and trading up has worked out really well for the Bills recently, hasn't it?

With Posluszny it did

The outcome of Poszluzny trade, despite the fact that I'm a big fan of his, is not clear. The Bills gave up #43 (470 pts) and #74 (220 pts) for the #34 pick (560 pts) to draft Posz.

So we overpaid by 130 pts which is equivalent to the 92nd pick in the draft, a late 3rd rounder.

Put differently we traded a high 2nd and a high 3rd for a higher 2nd. We moved up 9 spots and gave up a high 3rd rounder for the privilege. We should have gotten another pick back. The jury is still out on this one.

Posz looks solid but not exceptional yet.

The outcome of Poszluzny trade, despite the fact that I'm a big fan of his, is not clear. The Bills gave up #43 (470 pts) and #74 (220 pts) for the #34 pick (560 pts) to draft Posz.

So we overpaid by 130 pts which is equivalent to the 92nd pick in the draft, a late 3rd rounder.

Put differently we traded a high 2nd and a high 3rd for a higher 2nd. We moved up 9 spots and gave up a high 3rd rounder for the privilege. We should have gotten another pick back. The jury is still out on this one.

Posz looks solid but not exceptional yet.

How do you do the points thing? Is there a chart you're referencing somewhere? I like that.

With Posluszny it did

Points aside, I disagree. First, I'm not convinced that Poz is all that great. Second, it's entirely possible that Poz would have been available at number 43 for our original second round pick. And third, even if he wasn't available, there were other outstanding LBs available at number 43, such as David Harris, who was chosen by the Jets. In other words, we essentially gave away a third round pick because we fell in love with a player and hit the panic button. As I've said a number of times, trading up in the draft should be a firing offense. I challenge anyone to give me more than one example of where it has worked out well for the team trading up.

How do you do the points thing? Is there a chart you're referencing somewhere? I like that.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/04/15/...ft-trade-chart/

The thing to keep in mind is that this is only a starting point. Teams refer to this chart but don't base their final decisions on it. There's a lot of leeway.

The major flaw with the chart is that it doesn't take into account the enormous discrepancy in pay for the top 7-8 picks (which teams are always trying to trade down from and almost never trying to trade up into) compared to the other first rounders. In other words the chart awards too many points for the high draft picks that most teams don't even want.

I challenge anyone to give me more than one example of where it has worked out well for the team trading up.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/11600062

Trade ups that worked:

Cutler

Ngata

Bills trade ups that didn't work out - are there any that ever worked out for the Bills?

Losman - hated that pick because he sucked so bad in the senior bowl.

McCargo - hated that pick because I never heard of the guy.

Bills trade downs that worked out.

Passed on Kenyana Walker and drafted Nate Clements and Travis Henry.

I hate the trade up.

I think its going to happen. We will get a late round 1 pick and an early 2nd. Maybe an extra 6th or 7th too.

I would DEFINITELY do this

Any takers?

Go look at the Bills drafts for the past 49 years. 4,5,6,7 and later picks 98% of the time are scrubs. You don't win with more scrubs. IMO, those picks are pretty much worthless

OK, Andre Reed was a 4th :ph34r: