The Bills should trade down from their 11th

I think its going to happen. We will get a late round 1 pick and an early 2nd. Maybe an extra 6th or 7th too.

I would DEFINITELY do this

Any takers?

I'd rather do it for a #1 next year on the premise that it's always good to go into any draft with two #1 spots. Then next yea rfind a way to do it again. 2 #1s every year from now on. It's the New England way...

Till the Peters trade, it was a great idea.

Now, though, we have a huge, gaping hole at the second-most important position in the game.

If Oher or Andre Smith is available at #11, you simply have to take him. I believe one of them will still be there, though I could certainly be wrong.

I think its going to happen. We will get a late round 1 pick and an early 2nd. Maybe an extra 6th or 7th too.

I would DEFINITELY do this

Any takers?

I would love a trade down, we have so many holes to fill ... but, it takes 2 to tango ... for the Bills to trade down, they have to find another team who wants to trade up.

I think if anything we move up at some point to get the player we want. Hopefully we can package something to move up from 28 to around 20 and grab pettigrew.

How many picks do we need? I'm not sure we want to bring in like 12 rookies.

I'd like to see us rip out a page from the Pats* book and address our needs while parlaying some pick(s) to next years draft.

I'd rather do it for a #1 next year on the premise that it's always good to go into any draft with two #1 spots. Then next yea rfind a way to do it again. 2 #1s every year from now on. It's the New England way...

:angry:

I should have read the entire thread.

Bingo senator!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/11600062

Trade ups that worked:

Cutler

Ngata

Bills trade ups that didn't work out - are there any that ever worked out for the Bills?

Losman - hated that pick because he sucked so bad in the senior bowl.

McCargo - hated that pick because I never heard of the guy.

Bills trade downs that worked out.

Passed on Kenyana Walker and drafted Nate Clements and Travis Henry.

I hate the trade up.

I did not realize that Ngata was obtained by trading up. Not surprising, though, since nearly everything the Ravens do in the draft seems to work out well. Interesting article, but I think the draft point system that everyone cites is a bunch of garbage. Not only is in completely unscientific (while purporting to be exact), it does not take into consideration (1) the much higher guaranteed salaries for top 10 picks, and (2) the fact that every year is different--some years, when there a handful of great prospects, the top few picks are worth a huge premium, but most years there is not much difference in talent between guys taken in the top five and guys taken in the middle of the first round. In those years, I would argue, mid-first round picks are more valuable than top 10 picks because of the far lower salary cap impact. The Bills have been fortunate over the past few years to draft just outside the top 10, where you can get premium quality talent and a relative discount.

Points aside, I disagree. First, I'm not convinced that Poz is all that great. Second, it's entirely possible that Poz would have been available at number 43 for our original second round pick. And third, even if he wasn't available, there were other outstanding LBs available at number 43, such as David Harris, who was chosen by the Jets. In other words, we essentially gave away a third round pick because we fell in love with a player and hit the panic button. As I've said a number of times, trading up in the draft should be a firing offense. I challenge anyone to give me more than one example of where it has worked out well for the team trading up.

Maybe we should wait and see how it turns out this year. You know this is basically Poz's 2nd year and many players really come into their own at that time. Give him a break, mannc!! :rolleyes:

Till the Peters trade, it was a great idea.

Now, though, we have a huge, gaping hole at the second-most important position in the game.

If Oher or Andre Smith is available at #11, you simply have to take him. I believe one of them will still be there, though I could certainly be wrong.

As soon as you start taking players because you "have to" in the draft you are in serious trouble....

JMO

The Bills never trade down even though opportunities have existed. maybe they'll lucky and someone will fall allowing us to dial back a bit.

hell if they were smart at all they would have insisted on Phily's #21 pick in the Peters trade, plus something better than just a 4th and 6th. The 2010 pick should have been based on how Peters performs.

As soon as you start taking players because you "have to" in the draft you are in serious trouble....

JMO

I agree with you but Oher and Smith by most accounts grade out to be worth the #11 pick whereas others that have been brought up we take (see Maybin and Pettigrew) are seemingly reaches where they grade out. That's why I personally be very pleased if the Bills land Oher at pick #11 and then get a guy like Pettigrew, Larry English or Clint Sintim at pick #28.