Mike Williams

Just a thought, not trying to live in the past, but that one still sets us back today.

The thing that gets me is that we have lacked impact players since the super bowl days and thats 20+ years ago. What the hell has been going on?

Last impact DE: Bruce

QB: Kelly

Last impact O-Line: Wil W., Hull, Ritcher, Devlin, House

Just proves we have been bottom feeders for so long..

Stll a huge supporter, its just getting old, can't wait until this ship get sright.

Just a thought, not trying to live in the past, but that one still sets us back today.

Here's a novel idea. Do you think that Mike Williams will pay back some of those millions the Bills paid him because he didn't play up to expectancy?

I'm right there with you sir. I tell ya, it still makes me not want to take a Offensive Lineman in the first round. All of them except Eugene Moore seems like a questionable pick. I'd rather take my chances after round 1.

Yeah Raiders fans (and probably Al Davis too) are deathly afraid of taking another tackle at the top of the draft after taking Robert Gallery second overall in 2004. He is now playing guard after playing left tackle at Iowa. They pick seventh this year and do need a tackle but very few of the mock drafts have them taking a tackle. Most of the mocks have them taking Jeremy Maclin.

Talk about once bitten, twice shy.

The thing that gets me is that we have lacked impact players since the super bowl days and thats 20+ years ago. What the hell has been going on?

Stll a huge supporter, its just getting old, can't wait until this ship get sright.

Here's my solution on draft day. We need to study and research exactly the guy we want to take just like we have always done.

Then take the other guy, because we always guess wrong

That 11th pick needs to be a home run hit....for that matter that 28th pick does to.

I dont want the 3rd best anything at 11.....to be honest I would like to see us trade down and take Pettigrew who is the TOP tight end.....and be able to accumulate another first day pick.....more chance of getting quality players that way in the numbers game.

although I agree with most of what you said Rueben Brown made a pretty big impact and helped rejuvenate the Bills rushing attack at the time

McKinnie should have been picked instead of M.Williams

And to make you feel worse, here's a list of some of the rookies the Bills could have drafted instead of Mr. Bust, in the 2002 talent-laden first round:

7 Bryant McKinnie T Miami (Fla.) Minnesota Vikings

8 Roy Williams FS Oklahoma Dallas Cowboys

9 John Henderson DT Tennessee Jacksonville Jaguars

10 Levi Jones T Arizona State Cincinnati Bengals

11 Dwight Freeney DE Syracuse Indianapolis Colts

13 Donte' Stallworth WR Tennessee New Orleans Saints

14 Jeremy Shockey TE Miami (Fla.) New York Giants

15 Albert Haynesworth DT Tennessee Tennessee Titans

17 Phillip Buchanon CB Miami (Fla.) Oakland Raiders

20 Javon Walker WR Florida State Green Bay Packers

21 Daniel Graham TE Colorado New England Patriots

24 Ed Reed SS Miami (Fla.) Baltimore Ravens

26 Lito Sheppard CB Florida Philadelphia Eagles

29 Marc Colombo T Boston College Chicago Bears

30 Kendall Simmons G Auburn Pittsburgh Steelers

although I agree with most of what you said Rueben Brown made a pretty big impact and helped rejuvenate the Bills rushing attack at the time

McKinnie should have been picked instead of M.Williams

We really need to get over the McKinney thing. He has been servicable, but Minnie was said to be interested in Peters so the could switch Mc K to RT as they are not all that thrilled with him at Left. Obviously he was better than MW, but he hasn't set the world on fire either

Ruben Brown ('96) was an 8-time Pro Bowler . . . That's an impact player.

And to make you feel worse, here's a list of some of the rookies the Bills could have drafted instead of Mr. Bust, in the 2002 talent-laden first round:

7 Bryant McKinnie T Miami (Fla.) Minnesota Vikings

8 Roy Williams FS Oklahoma Dallas Cowboys

9 John Henderson DT Tennessee Jacksonville Jaguars

10 Levi Jones T Arizona State Cincinnati Bengals

11 Dwight Freeney DE Syracuse Indianapolis Colts

13 Donte' Stallworth WR Tennessee New Orleans Saints

14 Jeremy Shockey TE Miami (Fla.) New York Giants

15 Albert Haynesworth DT Tennessee Tennessee Titans

17 Phillip Buchanon CB Miami (Fla.) Oakland Raiders

20 Javon Walker WR Florida State Green Bay Packers

21 Daniel Graham TE Colorado New England Patriots

24 Ed Reed SS Miami (Fla.) Baltimore Ravens

26 Lito Sheppard CB Florida Philadelphia Eagles

29 Marc Colombo T Boston College Chicago Bears

30 Kendall Simmons G Auburn Pittsburgh Steelers

Unfortunately as soon as their rookie contracts would have expired they would have been gone. Just like Winfield and Clements, so what could is it to draft well if they leave in their prime?

Unfortunately as soon as their rookie contracts would have expired they would have been gone. Just like Winfield and Clements, so what could is it to draft well if they leave in their prime?

Well, for one thing, we certainly got some good football from Clements and Winfield during their first 4 years with the Bills. So if I'm choosing between drafting good and having talented players for 3 or 4 years, or drafting bad and having bad players for 3 or 4 years, I would have to side with drafting good. :ph34r: