How many good players will we lose?

To an organization that clearly is undesirable to play for?

we lost our LT who has gotten much critical acclaim, but hasnt been dedicated enough to prove it on the field lately.

we added a hall of fame WR to pair up with our young stars, and just signed a RB who shined in a Super Bowl 2 years ago.

The line needs some work right now, but we still have some time to work. We already upgraded the Center position.

I know everyone has piss in their cheerios about waking up to the Peters trade, but it's not that bad.

Peters would not have been one of our best players as he didnt want to be here. Kinda like a trophy wife who wont sleep with you looks good in pictures but pretty useless when the time comes to tango. Maybe he will actually let the Eagles utilize his wares however he will have to show that he has the desire if he doesnt the Eagles just got plucked.

No one shed any tears when we blew out players like Jonas Jennings, Mike Gandy or Tutan Reyes. Yet when we get three picks for an LT that gave up 11.5 sacks (worse than any of the three mentioned earlier) it's the end of the franchise. Peters had one good season. The Eagles just gambled 10% of their salary cap on Peters returning to form.

PTR

Peters would not have been one of our best players as he didnt want to be here. Kinda like a trophy wife who wont sleep with you looks good in pictures but pretty useless when the time comes to tango. Maybe he will actually let the Eagles utilize his wares however he will have to show that he has the desire if he doesnt the Eagles just got plucked.

Exactly, Peters was ready to move and would have never played with fire and zeal for us again. Pittsburgh rarely gives into big money "me" guys and look at there performance record. I say good bye Jason, build a team and win as a team. Oh I forgot we got T.O.

No one shed any tears when we blew out players like Jonas Jennings, Mike Gandy or Tutan Reyes. Yet when we get three picks for an LT that gave up 11.5 sacks (worse than any of the three mentioned earlier) it's the end of the franchise. Peters had one good season. The Eagles just gambled 10% of their salary cap on Peters returning to form.

PTR

Yes but I shed a few tears for Pat Williams, Antoine Winfield, Nate Clements and now Peters. Losing Pro-Bowlers in their prime is the kinda thing a team HAS to do to miss the playoffs as often as Detriot. But hey they locked up KY Williams ,BF butler, and Krisy Kelsay.

PTR

Excellent response :wallbash: The thing is that we didn't even spend a pick on the guy and got a 1st, 4th, and conditional in return. Him gone is better than him here being a distraction in the locker room and a disruption to the team's chemistry whenever he decided to finally show up, then give up on average more sacks than any other starting LT per game .

Excellent response :wallbash: The thing is that we didn't even spend a pick on the guy and got a 1st, 4th, and conditional in return. Him gone is better than him here being a distraction in the locker room and a disruption to the team's chemistry whenever he decided to finally show up, then give up on average more sacks than any other starting LT per game .

I think the distraction issue and him not wanting to be here is something a lot of commentators (here and nationally) are missing.

We have lost many good players over recent years. Williams, Clements, Winfield and Peters are or were close to all pro caliber players. I think we can all agree to disagree about certain players and whether we are heading in the right direction, but I will have zero confidence in this front office until the team makes the playoffs. It has been 10 years.

We have lost many good players over recent years. Williams, Clements, Winfield and Peters are or were close to all pro caliber players. I think we can all agree to disagree about certain players and whether we are heading in the right direction, but I will have zero confidence in this front office until the team makes the playoffs. It has been 10 years.

And peters has been part of that for 5 years. So now lets get players who know how to win. Hartinger, Owens, Rhodes. I like folks that want/know how to win, not guys who get a pro bowl spot because you have to pick someone from every team.

Jennings was a good non-re-sign. Clements' production hasn't matched his contract and was also a good non-re-sign. I don't get the love for Winfield. He's made the Pro Bowl (which we know is a joke) once in his 10 years, and that was last year with a DL of Pat Williams, Kevin Williams, and Jared Allen. Speaking of Pat Williams, he, along with Ted Washington, were big losses, both literally and figuratively.

Peters remains to be seen. Would I advocate paying him $10M/yea with $25M guaranteed based on his career's work to date? No way.

if we get waters/henderson or both then we have added 1 or two quality big men while losing one in peters.

the sack numbers for peters are overdone, he is a sick talent who dominates... SOMETIMES. the problem i think is he isn't committed to football/the bills like he needs to be for that kind of scratch. i think we will be able to get good LT play from chambers/bell/walker/some FA. i think we might get a good RT prospect in the 2nd or 3rd and move walker over and not miss a beat.

To an organization that clearly is undesirable to play for?
Who cares, we just lost an undrafted lazy converted tight end for a first round pick and two other picks. If the Patriots did this people would be calling it brilliant.

Pat Williams should've been re-signed by the Bills.

Antione Winfield got way too much money for us to handle at the time and his contract was SEVERELY frontloaded by Minnesota. I think he was paid out something like $15 million in the first season.

Nate Clements, one of my favorites of recent years, was grossly overpaid by San Fran.

McGahee didn't want to be here.

Peters didn't want to be here.

Terrence McGee is likely next.

It happens in the era of FA and "cry babies" in the NFL. It just seems like it happens to us more because we actually follow the Buffalo Bills. <_<

Nice one. Funny.

Yeah good point. It's hard to give the FO the benefit of the doubt. It's hard to evaluate their performance in this context of seemingly endless futility. A lot of us try to keep our perspective on isolated events but it becomes difficult sometimes.