Will you give Trent Edwards some space this year?

With the trade of Peters and changes in personal, the offensive line will be a work in progress this coming season. For many Edwards has a target on his back that this coming season is /was to be a make it or break it year for him. People have grown weary if being patient. Will you give Trent Edwards some slack this coming season, or he in spite of offensive line must rise above problems and find ways to succeed.

In my opinion , I don't see how he can, believe the changes put his development back a year at least. Worse yet potentially ruin his career.

According to the draft value chart, Edwards will be entering his rookie season this year so I'm sure that many will give him a pass.

Others will be unrealistically hard on him.

Personally, for someone who will be enterig his 6th season in September, I think Trtent has to show something. All that he has shown so far in his "career" is that he is a glove wearing Mary from Los Gatos. That doesn't cut it in the NFL. With the OL he has been behind, he should have thrown the ball downfield more but he was scared. With a lesser OL this year he will have the chance to be a leader. He will probably squander it, but it is a good opportunity for him. I say Go Trent.

whew, seen you responding to my post and thought you would be coming after me.... I may be new around here , but know of your reputation. :wallbash:

According to the draft value chart, Edwards will be entering his rookie season this year so I'm sure that many will give him a pass.

Others will be unrealistically hard on him.

Personally, for someone who will be enterig his 6th season in September, I think Trtent has to show something. All that he has shown so far in his "career" is that he is a glove wearing Mary from Los Gatos. That doesn't cut it in the NFL. With the OL he has been behind, he should have thrown the ball downfield more but he was scared. With a lesser OL this year he will have the chance to be a leader. He will probably squander it, but it is a good opportunity for him. I say Go Trent.

I believe Crayonz is on to something but not sure what exactly :wallbash:

Anyway, maybe what the Bills should do is dump Edwards and resign JP. They can probably get him for around $1MM and his scambling ability and lack of decision making will be perfect behind this makeshift O-line that we now have.

It depends upon how the OL is playing. If its a jailbreak on every play, yeah, I can cut Edwards a little more slack than I otherwise might. Of course, if its that bad, Edwards will look like Rob Johnson Mk.2 by the end of the season anyway, so it won't matter. They'll have to replace him anyway.

With the trade of Peters and changes in personal, the offensive line will be a work in progress this coming season. For many Edwards has a target on his back that this coming season is /was to be a make it or break it year for him. People have grown weary if being patient. Will you give Trent Edwards some slack this coming season, or he in spite of offensive line must rise above problems and find ways to succeed.

In my opinion , I don't see how he can, believe the changes put his development back a year at least. Worse yet potentially ruin his career.

Its April and the excuses are already being put in place for Trent. Good god. If Trent continues to play like he did the last 2 years, its over. He needs to take a huge leap forward in terms of his play and his leadership. Stop being a wussy and force this team to follow him. If he does not play a lot better than he has so far, we will have a new coaching staff and Trent will be a backup, probably on another team.

It depends upon how the OL is playing. If its a jailbreak on every play, yeah, I can cut Edwards a little more slack than I otherwise might. Of course, if its that bad, Edwards will look like Rob Johnson Mk.2 by the end of the season anyway, so it won't matter. They'll have to replace him anyway.

I suppose the PC Police haven't delivered the message. It is no longer acceptable to refer to 4 black men breaking through a line as a "jail break", very politically incorrect. Please refrain from further use of this forbidden term.

I think we need to wait and see what the o-line looks like this year. Many here are blinded by the word pro-bowl. I'm of the opinion that Peters can be replaced in this draft. Whether we find that guy or not, remains to be seen. Certainly you will have the constantly negative group that says it's impossible for this team to draft anyone good. I look around the league and see many young LTs that have been taken high in the draft, and perform as well if not better than Peters, in their first season.

The players who I think are as good or better include Ryan Clady, Joe Thomas, Jake Long, Marcus Mcneil, Jammal Brown, Brandon Albert, Jordan Gross, and Jared Gaither. These are young players who have stepped in right away and played at a similar level as Peters, IMO. The LT position has seen a major influx of talent over the last few years. The money has gotten so big for LTs, that most athletic big men are choosing that position. It's really a myth IMO, that a good LT is hard to find. I haven't even added the good vets to my list of quality NFL LTs.

I honestly believe that the Bills could walk away with a better o-line this year. I think we have already upgraded the center position in free agency. We have two first round picks to find a LT. The draft is said to be very deep at tackle and many here like the guards as well. I don't think Dockery was much more than average and his position could ultimately be upgraded as well.

To the OPs question, yes we give him slack if he is getting killed. I'm not ready to assume that our o-line can't hold up though. It was decent last year, and the o still couldn't get anything done. This situation has the makings of another Losman saga. One half of fans finding excuses and the other half calling for a new Qb. Wonderful.

No matter what the line looks like, he needs to progress from last year, that is what you expect out of any developing qb. Sure, the line plays a role in the amount of success a qb and for that matter a team can hope to have, but it is definitely not the sole factor. Either way, I expect him to have a better year than last.

No matter what the line looks like, he needs to progress from last year, that is what you expect out of any developing qb. Sure, the line plays a role in the amount of success a qb and for that matter a team can hope to have, but it is definitely not the sole factor. Either way, I expect him to have a better year than last.

:wallbash: I would cut the line & Trent some slack at the begining of the year, but I want to see IMPROVEMENT as the year progresses.

:wallbash: I would cut the line & Trent some slack at the begining of the year, but I want to see IMPROVEMENT as the year progresses.

with the staus of our o line, i'd be telling him to do alot of speed work because he's going to be running for his life back there

No. Either he comes through this year or I'm done with him. The pass protection will be decent, at the worst. They won't be able to run block, but they will at least hold their own in pass pro, which is far easier. The line is not that bad. Its time for all of us to see what the Church of Trent goers have been seeing for three years. Now or never.

with the staus of our o line, i'd be telling him to do alot of speed work because he's going to be running for his life back there

The O-line played better without Peters than with him for his 1st 4 or 5 games back. The loss of Dockery is NO BIG DEAL. The line should be fine with a little time to get used to playing together.

I guess it depends... is it the line's fault if Trent checks down on 3rd and 9 while TO is streaking down the sideline? If the LT is getting blown by all game long and Trent has no time to think, let alone read the defense; then yes I'll give him a pass. However, if the line plays as well (or bad) as it did last year and Trent still looks lost and confused... well.

My first thought was no, he'll be in his third year and should show somthing like an NFL starter as the season

progresses. Then I thought, Jauron is getting a pass, a three year pass in my opinion, so why shouldn't T.E. get

a pass this year as well?

The biggest issue with T.E. IMO is his ability to stay healthy. He simply can't.

Flame away.

How long did it take Eli Manning to get it? Four years of playing every game. So Trent, who has played, what, 22 games, should be forced into a make or break year? Um, no.

The Bills didn't give Losman enough time or a good situation. Fine, that's over. But to make the same mistake again would be stupid to an enormous degree.

He's still a young QB. Expect a lot of inconsistency. Hope for progression. Unless he regresses horribly, he will be here again in 2010.

The O-line played better without Peters than with him for his 1st 4 or 5 games back. The loss of Dockery is NO BIG DEAL. The line should be fine with a little time to get used to playing together.

Can I have some of those quaaludes, for my more realistic friends? I've heard that they make everything seem just fine.

Can I have some of those quaaludes, for my more realistic friends? I've heard that they make everything seem just fine.

Do you even WATCH the games?

Losman and Peters were the cornerstones of the Bills, or wait, they're not.

How long did it take Eli Manning to get it? Four years of playing every game. So Trent, who has played, what, 22 games, should be forced into a make or break year? Um, no.

The Bills didn't give Losman enough time or a good situation. Fine, that's over. But to make the same mistake again would be stupid to an enormous degree.

He's still a young QB. Expect a lot of inconsistency. Hope for progression. Unless he regresses horribly, he will be here again in 2010.

Unless Trent & the rest of the team play well enough to secure another year for Dick, a new coach will be here next year & blow up the entire team, much like Cleveland, KC & Denver. When Dick goes so does Trent.