Sources: Peters to Eagles for three picks

Not happy with the compensation. Wanted more...the 20th instead of the 28th, and a 3rd instead of a 4th. Not happy.

Oh come on, you are kidding right? Why would the Eagles ever give up their 20th pick and a 3rd round draft pick when they knew damn well the Bills needed to dump Peters now?!?

Listen, give Brandon some credit here. I think he did better then he could have. He got the 28th pick and I never thought he would get that. I was prepared for a 2nd and 3rd all along.

How does this crap about using that 78 Million of un-shared revenue from Rogers Communications to be competitive sound right about now???

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone seems to forget the fact that Peters wanted out. It wasn't just a matter of us trading away a "Pro Bowl" LT. The guy didn't want to be here! Given that fact, we should be glad we got something. Not only something, but a 1st Round pick in a draft a week away.

Given that fact, i'd say we made out pretty good. Especially when you consider that our pick next year is unknown and reportedly conditional.

Oh come on, you are kidding right? Why would the Eagles ever give up their 20th pick and a 3rd round draft pick when they knew damn well the Bills needed to dump Peters now?!?

Listen, give Brandon some credit here. I think he did better then he could have. He got the 28th pick and I never thought he would get that. I was prepared for a 2nd and 3rd all along.

How does this crap about using that 78 Million of un-shared revenue from Rogers Communications to be competitive sound right about now???

I could not disagree more. It would have taken both of their picks in the first round for the Eagles to even have a chance at draft one of the top UNPROVEN left tackles in the draft.

We got hosed.

Everyone seems to forget the fact that Peters wanted out. It wasn't just a matter of us trading away a "Pro Bowl" LT. The guy didn't want to be here! Given that fact, we should be glad we got something. Not only something, but a 1st Round pick in a draft a week away.

Given that fact, i'd say we made out pretty good. Especially when you consider that our pick next year is unknown and reportedly conditional.

How the f--- do you know this? Peters wanted to get paid, that I know.

This is awful, simply awful. Who the F--- is going to play LT now? How about LG? You finally find a pro bowl LT after searching since 1993 (wil Wolford) and now this is how you treat the man? This organization is completely ridiculous. Yeah, we saved $1.5 million, cash to cap wahhhh!!!! We have draft picks!!! Wahhh....friggin ridiculous.

This is the first day in my 33 years of life I can honestly say I am friggin embarassed to be a Bills fan!

Obviously you haven't watched a game over the past decade? Now with the biggest problem gone, the Bills can start to work as a "team", something Peters was never going to be a part of. Too many bndges were burned on both sides so this trade had to be done. Good riddance to a lazy millionaire.

Obviously you haven't watched a game over the past decade? Now with the biggest problem gone, the Bills can start to work as a "team", something Peters was never going to be a part of. Too many bndges were burned on both sides so this trade had to be done. Good riddance to a lazy millionaire.

:worthy: :worthy: <_<:devil::lol: :lol: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It should have been the 21st overall and a 4th, or the 28th overall and a 3rd. And the conditional should be up to a 1st rounder depending on how he does next year.

But a 1st, 4th, and late-rounder in 2010 is pretty good for an UDFA, whose unreasonable salary demands made him a nusiance. And my biggest fear was the Bills giving him a huge deal, and then seeing that last year wasn't the exception, but closer to his real ability.

WTF????

This IS a kick in the nuts. <_<

Everyone else in the NFL seems to understand that the two building blocks to an NFL team are A QB and an LT.

We have a young, All-Pro LT that we were fortunate enough to stumble upon(remember----we cut him initially)

and we dump him for as 28TH Pick, a 4rth rounder and a conditional pick????

All of you draft weasels can unite at the excitement of the extra picks,

I can't believe anyone who understands the game of football can think this move helps move the Bills in the direction of building a winning team.

LMFAO....they didn't even give the Bills the better of their two first round picks!

The "boy" GM got hosed.

They would not be the Buffalo Bills if they did not repeatedly break my heart. Usually, they do it during the season. This time they let the Eagles fleece us.

At a minimum, it should have been the 21st pick in the draft and a third -- at a minimum. Instead, we gave the Eagles a left tackle that they never would have been able to get with the 21st or the 28th pick in the draft. At best (for the Eagles), they would have had to package both their 21st and 28th pick in the draft to get in the top of the draft to have a chance at one of the top three left tackles in the draft -- all of which are unproven commodities.

Horrible deal by the Bills.

It's a horrible deal by the Bills only because they decided to trade Peters at all. They could have taken less if the Eagles would have been tougher on them.

By the way, is that an old Beetles album cover as your avatar?? <_<

I really don't get this avatar thing out here!

I've watched every friggin game of this team's since 1987, never missed one. I wore my colors last year at the Meadowlands, after the stupid call on JP, I still wore em proud. Today, I have never felt more disgusted or embarassed to be a bills fan.

This shows absolutely no commitment to winning at all.

WTF????

Everyone else in the NFL seems to understand that the two building blocks to an NFL team are A QB and an LT.

We have a young, All-Pro LT that we were fortunate enough to stumble upon(remember----we cut him initially)

I can't believe anyone who understands the game of football can think this move helps move the Bills in the direction of building a winning team.

LMFAO....they didn't even give the Bills the better of their two first round picks!

The "boy" GM got hosed.

Couldn't agree more. I can't fathom how people are ok with this. The guy had two more years left on his deal. What was the point of doing this????? This team is a complete disaster. This is such a horrible, horrible move on so many levels.

It's a horrible deal by the Bills only because they decided to trade Peters at all. They could have taken less if the Eagles would have been tougher on them.

By the way, is that an old Beetles album cover as your avatar?? <_<

I really don't get this avatar thing out here!

Abbey Road. The first thing that I did when I went to London was have my picture taken walking across Abbey Road (as many other tourists have).

WTF????

The "boy" GM got hosed.

Then why did Denver trade Cutler?