Why should Toronto not have a team

List the reasons why the city of Toronto and Rogers communications shouldn't have a team

If you really support the Bills you would understand that putting a team in Toronto likely kills the likelihood of sustaining a franchise in Buffalo. You would have to assume ticket sales and corporate money flowing into Buffalo through Toronto (and Southern Ontario) would stay in Toronto.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

List the reasons why the city of Toronto and Rogers communications shouldn't have a team

The should have an NFL team, given their size and wealth. I think it would be great for the NFL too. And there is no reason why the Bills can't stay in Buffalo with the NFL having a team there. The Sabres do fine with the Leafs having been in the NHL many more years before. I only have one problem to consider with the NFL team in Toronto: with all the crime the current NFL players getting involved with, there may be border crossing problems sometimes.

It's all on ownership. If Buffalo found an ownership group, such as the one seemingly headed by Jim Kelly, that would only keep the team in Buffalo, Toronto could have it's own team without Buffalo needing their money and fan base.

I will add the fact that TO has little interest in the NFL, as evidenced by the poor attendence at the game this past season. I will further add that what little NFL fans there are up north, they are already fans of other teams -- like the Colts, Pats, Phins, Giants etc -- also evidenced by the game this past season. With a home town team they may change associations, but most would not. I can say personally I would never leave the Bills if Rochester was granted a NFL franchise (funny thought yes?)

Just asking, Do you folks seriously think that Toronto will not get a team? My guess is the angst reflected in so many posts regarding the subject suggest most acknowledge Toronto will eventually get team. The obvious fear and despair is how will it effect the Bills.

Hey Jax, you come out here, you run your damn mouth about Toronto. Look at yourself. You're pathetic. You make me sick. First of all, they won't let you drink beer. That aint right. The Bills represent the workin man, the type of guy that likes to drive ATV's, wear jean shorts and drink cheap beer. Like me. I've done plenty of shows in Toronto, I know all about that city. Type of place suited for people like Mr. McMahon- a bunch of corporate stiffs. Not the type of folks who are lookin to raise some hell, drink beer and whoop some ass. And that's the bottom line cause Stone Cold said so.

Hey Jax, you come out here, you run your damn mouth about Toronto. Look at yourself. You're pathetic. You make me sick. First of all, they won't let you drink beer. That aint right. The Bills represent the workin man, the type of guy that likes to drive ATV's, wear jean shorts and drink cheap beer. Like me. I've done plenty of shows in Toronto, I know all about that city. Type of place suited for people like Mr. McMahon- a bunch of corporate stiffs. Not the type of folks who are lookin to raise some hell, drink beer and whoop some ass. And that's the bottom line cause Stone Cold said so.

What?

Ya, and their fan base sucks. Aside from living in the area, take a look at their attendance, not so great.

I can basically guarantee not being able to see the Bills game when they're in Jax. because the games there do NOT sell out. They're gonna be the next team to move, mark my words.

(I live in Volusia County, so I'm zoned for their games)

I dont like jacksonville jaguars... but Mark my words they wont move... growing city and soon will have 5million people...

first of all your the type of person who gives Buffalo a bad name..... jean shorts and cheap beer no if you want that move to georgia you redneck.... second of all Im a Bills fan wanting the team to stay in Buffalo... The thing is all of you have no knowledge.... realy just really you guys think that toronto will not get a team... are you !@#$ing serious... Buffalo cant even build a new stadium.....

first of all your the type of person who gives Buffalo a bad name..... jean shorts and cheap beer no if you want that move to georgia you redneck.... second of all Im a Bills fan wanting the team to stay in Buffalo... The thing is all of you have no knowledge.... realy just really you guys think that toronto will not get a team... are you !@#$ing serious... Buffalo cant even build a new stadium.....

The same reason why the the Toronto Blue Jays shouldn't have a team...because it's TORONTO!!!

As Americans we deserve to be included ahead of a city that shares not our economic and civic struggles. Removing the Bills from Buffalo, will kill the last economic stand point for this city of hard working, loyal and hardnosed Americans. This country, nay this league has a duty to uphold what is right and what is honorable for those that have brought it to such a high level. Buffalo helped build the AFL and it has had so many amazing memories for NFL fans, if you remove Buffalo also make sure you rid the league of Seattle and give their slot a team from Canada or remove the Chargers and allow Mexico City to be a new market...

But unlike Seattle and San Diego, Buffalo is REAL AMERICA....it's hardworking and very patriotic to the core...

IM NOT FROM BUFFALO AND I KNOW THIS, so the league needs to protect this franchise the same way the government protect lands and animals in danger....

My opinion, that's all...

I dont like jacksonville jaguars... but Mark my words they wont move... growing city and soon will have 5million people...

This has been discussed. Nothing's growing in this economy and it's no secret they have to put tarps over their seats to declare "sellouts" (falsely). Buffalo sells out every single game. The same can't be said for Jax, Oakland, St. Louis, Atlanta, or Detroit (Arizona was on the list before they got good...finally). From ESPN.com (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview08/co...tory?id=3549147):

Consecutive sellouts: 0 | Season-ticket waiting list: None

Even with tarps covering seats to cut Jacksonville Municipal Stadium down to a more reasonable capacity, the building doesn't fill consistently enough. Three of the NFL's 10 blacked-out games last year were in Jacksonville. The team says it had the option of corporate bailouts to prevent those, but didn't accept them on principle. The city was spoiled some by the team's early success, but this piece of SEC country has not developed the hardcore loyalty to its NFL team that you find in Nashville.

I'm not sure what the "new stadium" riff raff is all about. What's so important about a new stadium? Luxury boxes? How about the fact that there is nothing owed on the current one? The Red Sox cram more seats in every year to Fenway Park, if that's the issue then figure out a way to cram more seats into RSW. But I llike RSW. I like it better than going to Gillette. If they build a new stadium part of it will be financed by higher ticket prices and potentially worse views. No thanks.

Great response! The Bills have the MOST loyal fans in the NFL, no other team has gone through what the Bills have and still maintained such a loyal fanbase, I'm a converted Bill fan and even I know that sh--

1) No stadium

2) No fan support

3) Canadien beer sucks

4) Not enough revenue to support an NFL franchise while still paying mega-$$$ to the Bills' owners for market infringement

?? I was with you up until that point....I'll take a Blue over a Bud/Coors/Miller/etc any day of the week!

If there's one thing Canadians know, it's their beer (lotsa time sitting inside over winters to perfect it)