Why should Toronto not have a team

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

List the reasons why the city of Toronto and Rogers communications shouldn't have a team

Maybe because they can barely support the CFL team they already have.

List the reasons why the city of Toronto and Rogers communications shouldn't have a team

Why do you insist on starting threads that support a move to Toronto? What's your angle? Why would you even think that is a good idea?

Why do you continue to pretend to be a Buffalo Bills fan?

Why do you insist on starting threads that support a move to Toronto? What's your angle? Why would you even think that is a good idea?

Why do you continue to pretend to be a Buffalo Bills fan?

cause really I dont want to talk about football when the only thing I can think about is not having a team in a few years.. its really hard to be a fan when you know your team could or is moving...theres my angle deano

Maybe because they can barely support the CFL team they already have.

That's the same argument they've used for years in Hampton Roads, VA to keep us from having any kind of a team. "Well they don't even sell out minor league baseball." The point is it's minor league. Nobody cares. They want the real thing.

Why not? They put a team in Jax when the entire State of Fla is either Bucs or Fins fans.

Ya, and their fan base sucks. Aside from living in the area, take a look at their attendance, not so great.

I can basically guarantee not being able to see the Bills game when they're in Jax. because the games there do NOT sell out. They're gonna be the next team to move, mark my words.

(I live in Volusia County, so I'm zoned for their games)

1) The Bills need Toronto in order to stay in 'the niagara area'

2) Canadians worry that an NFL team in Toronto would cause the CFL to go out of business. The Argos are like the Cowboys of the CFL.

3) Despite having a huge number of people and corporate $, there may not be enough interest in the NFL to support a team in Toronto. See LA

4) They do not need a team, they can share ours.

Being a Torontonian myself here are your reasons.

1. The city of TO would have to build a brand new stadium as the Rogers Centre is OLD. Not to mention that at the same point the Blue jays, Bills, and Argos would be sharing the Rogers Centre. And the price of a new stadium now a days is crazy and Toronto would have to find a suitible location

2. Rogers will keep their assumptiuons that they can have outrageuos ticket prices and sell out games just like the Leafs. It will be all corporate suits who dont care about the game only what drinks are being served.

3. They will have to take a hit on the Canadian dollar by paying all their players in American currency.

4. It will not have the same atmosphere as an American game because Canadian laws prevent tailgating of any kind unless its an actuall event where you have to pay to get in and pay for your drinks.

5. It may work at first but it would lose interest very fast and would have to move back to the states.

to sum it up in a few words...NFL SHOULD NEVER HAVE A FRANCHISE IN CANADA. NFL has alsways and should always be American teams.

And this is comming from a fellow CANADIAN! Go BUFFALO!!!!

Being a Torontonian myself here are your reasons.

1. The city of TO would have to build a brand new stadium as the Rogers Centre is OLD. Not to mention that at the same point the Blue jays, Bills, and Argos would be sharing the Rogers Centre. And the price of a new stadium now a days is crazy and Toronto would have to find a suitible location

2. Rogers will keep their assumptiuons that they can have outrageuos ticket prices and sell out games just like the Leafs. It will be all corporate suits who dont care about the game only what drinks are being served.

3. They will have to take a hit on the Canadian dollar by paying all their players in American currency.

4. It will not have the same atmosphere as an American game because Canadian laws prevent tailgating of any kind unless its an actuall event where you have to pay to get in and pay for your drinks.

5. It may work at first but it would lose interest very fast and would have to move back to the states.

to sum it up in a few words...NFL SHOULD NEVER HAVE A FRANCHISE IN CANADA. NFL has alsways and should always be American teams.

And this is comming from a fellow CANADIAN! Go BUFFALO!!!!

Pretty much summed up. I have yet to meet someone from Toronto that actually wants the team there.