Tony Gonzalez

NFL Network's Michael Lombardi reports that there's an "80-85 percent chance" that Tony Gonzalez will be dealt to the Falcons this offseason

Lombardi says Gonzo has already cleared his Chiefs locker in anticipation of a deal. The Chiefs lost their second-round pick in February's Matt Cassel trade and are reportedly willing to send Gonzalez to Atlanta for the No. 55 overall pick. Gonzo recently turned 33, but obviously can still play. He caught 96 passes for 1,058 yards (11.0 YPC) and 10 touchdowns in 2008.

Whats interesting about this trade is that if the Chiefs do trade Gonzo to the Falcons, the best they can hope for is a 2nd rounder.

Now Pettigrew has been long projected to either our pick at #11 or to Atlanta at #24.

If the Falcons get Gonzo, there is a great chance that Pettigrew could slide to our pick in the 2nd round. Possible. Sure. Likely? Who knows.

Whats even better is that the Chiefs dont HAVE a 2nd rounder, so we dont have to worry about them grabbing him at the 35th spot to replace Gonzo either.

Whats interesting about this trade is that if the Chiefs do trade Gonzo to the Falcons, the best they can hope for is a 2nd rounder.

Now Pettigrew has been long projected to either our pick at #11 or to Atlanta at #24.

If the Falcons get Gonzo, there is a great chance that Pettigrew could slide to our pick in the 2nd round. Possible. Sure. Likely? Who knows.

Whats even better is that the Chiefs dont HAVE a 2nd rounder, so we dont have to worry about them grabbing him at the 35th spot to replace Gonzo either.

We wouldnt have to worry about KC in the first place since they drafted Brandon Cottam out of Tennessee last year to be the long term replacement for Gonzo.

If we didn't draft him at the #11, I would hate to miss out on Pettigrew. I absolutely believe he is a perfect fit for our team, division and QB. I wouldn't want to risk not drafting him and trying to wait it out. Maybe package a couple picks and try to trade back down into the latter half of the first round to pick him up.

We wouldnt have to worry about KC in the first place since they drafted Brandon Cottam out of Tennessee last year to be the long term replacement for Gonzo.

Well, the Chiefs drafted Cottam, but whether he's the replacement, long-term or otherwise, for Gonzalez remains to be seen (and highly unlikely).

If we didn't draft him at the #11, I would hate to miss out on Pettigrew. I absolutely believe he is a perfect fit for our team, division and QB. I wouldn't want to risk not drafting him and trying to wait it out. Maybe package a couple picks and try to trade back down into the latter half of the first round to pick him up.

He'd also be a perfect addition to our teams police blotter!

NFL Network's Michael Lombardi reports that there's an "80-85 percent chance" that Tony Gonzalez will be dealt to the Falcons this offseason

Lombardi says Gonzo has already cleared his Chiefs locker in anticipation of a deal. The Chiefs lost their second-round pick in February's Matt Cassel trade and are reportedly willing to send Gonzalez to Atlanta for the No. 55 overall pick. Gonzo recently turned 33, but obviously can still play. He caught 96 passes for 1,058 yards (11.0 YPC) and 10 touchdowns in 2008.

I just watched NFL live on ESPN and Michael Smith said that KC isn't really wanting to deal Gonzo to anyone. Pioli thinks he can win now with his team and doesn't want to trade away it's best players. He doesn't want to take weapons away from their recently aquired franchise QB in Matt Cassell.

The Bills are probably still interested in Gonzalez. I would happily give up a #2 and a#5 to get him. We have a GAPING hole at Tight End (there is absolutely no proof he nixed a deal last year to buffalo). A tight end is even more crucial to the running game as a Blocker. That is why Pettigrew is rated so high (top ten talent wise on many boards). There is no way in hell he lasts into the second round. TIGHT END IS ABSOLUTELY THE WEAKEST position on the team. i know many want the bills to draft a DE with the #1 pick, but i guarantee he will be a backup for all of the first year. Pettigrew or Gonzalez would start immediately. I want the Bills to trade down a little and then grab Pettigrew. Either way, getting Gonzalez by trade or Pettigrew in the draft would fill the biggest hole on our team.

The Bills are probably still interested in Gonzalez. I would happily give up a #2 and a#5 to get him. We have a GAPING hole at Tight End (there is absolutely no proof he nixed a deal last year to buffalo). A tight end is even more crucial to the running game as a Blocker. That is why Pettigrew is rated so high (top ten talent wise on many boards). There is no way in hell he lasts into the second round. TIGHT END IS ABSOLUTELY THE WEAKEST position on the team. i know many want the bills to draft a DE with the #1 pick, but i guarantee he will be a backup for all of the first year. Pettigrew or Gonzalez would start immediately. I want the Bills to trade down a little and then grab Pettigrew. Either way, getting Gonzalez by trade or Pettigrew in the draft would fill the biggest hole on our team.

This is where papazoid came up with this statement.