This organization is becoming a real embarassment

Between Whitner's arrest, Marshawn's troubles, James Hardy turning a gun on his own father for crying out loud, and signing a guy like Owens (nothing like the other 3 but just a 3 ring circus of media attention he brings) ....it really is getting bad around here.

The things that we made fun of Miami and Cincy for over the years....we are now one of those teams.

And oh, NFL fans that act holier then thou about this sport, you have WELL surpassed the NBA, a league that a lot of you shun upon because of 'thugs' as the league with the worst thugs, and it is not even CLOSE.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Between Whitner's arrest, Marshawn's troubles, James Hardy turning a gun on his own father for crying out loud, and signing a guy like Owens (nothing like the other 3 but just a 3 ring circus of media attention he brings) ....it really is getting bad around here.

The things that we made fun of Miami and Cincy for over the years....we are now one of those teams.

And oh, NFL fans that act holier then thou about this sport, you have WELL surpassed the NBA, a league that a lot of you shun upon because of 'thugs' as the league with the worst thugs, and it is not even CLOSE.

if the internet was as big in the early 90s as it is now everyone would say how theres so many bad characters on those teams. The only difference is those teams won consistently therefore you wouldnt complain. If this team made the playoffs this upcoming season, id doubt you would care about how they were off the field. I would say almost every team in this league has a player or multiple players who have been in some phase of the correctional system. I'm not trying to make excuses for them, but thats how some players are in the NFL and most of the teams have accepted that fact.

Whitner was in a bar late at night and got a bit too aggressive. Don't expect this to be much of anything when it all plays out. Look at Cleveland....their WR is up for manslaughter charges on some poor guy who just walked across the street.....all of the Bills transgressions combined does not even come close to that.

Agreed it looks bad, but overall in the whole picture, it is not a big deal. These guys should just hang out in WNY more to stay out of trouble.

Do you want to know why you hear about more NFL players getting into trouble than NBA players? Because there are about 400 NBA players and about 1,600 NFL players.

Let us not forget, these are young men.

Remember back to when we were 23 years old. What was important then, seems foolish now. Cut them some slack, they will be all right......

Now, think back to when we were 23 and give us a few million bucks......

I agree, the fans in Western New York or Bills fans in general can no longer criticize Bengals or Cowboys fans,we have become a clone of the Bengals. We have been an embarassment in the FO for the better part of a decade, but at lease we kept high character players and weren't a walking police blotter. We have truly become the joke of the NFL in all aspects now. Lynch, Simpson, Whitner, Hardy among others not to mention they add the biggest A-hole in the NFL to the team in Owens. When Marv Levy says act like you have been there before, he didn't mean in a jail cell. I don' think it can get any worse, but I thought that a few months ago too, and a few more reasons to be embarassed have occurred. Where do we go from here?

Maybe if the NFL adopts a must wear suit policy.

Do you want to know why you hear about more NFL players getting into trouble than NBA players? Because there are about 400 NBA players and about 1,600 NFL players.

The Bills alone have had what, 3 run ins with the law in the last 4 months? I don't recall any from the NBA, much less 4. So the Bills alone have had more problems than the entire NBA, so your point is mute. The NFL has what 4-5 times as many players as the NBA and at least 10 times as many arrests.

You forgot about Ko "I'm worth millions!" simpson.

The Bills alone have had what, 3 run ins with the law in the last 4 months? I don't recall any from the NBA, much less 4. So the Bills alone have had more problems than the entire NBA, so your point is mute. The NFL has what 4-5 times as many players as the NBA and at least 10 times as many arrests.

NBA http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/story?id=129549&page=1

I am not embarassed and have no reason to be, but the organization should be without question.

The organization should be embarassed for being losers not trouble makers. I don't care what these guys do off the field. Marv, Dick, Russ, and everyone else in the front office can't pick players that make a difference on or off the field. Let's be serious. You want to put a bunch of young guys with a lot of money under a microscope and it doesn't matter if they are in the NFL, NBA, or YMCA - they are going to get into trouble.

Do you like fish sticks?