Does Lynch's 3 game suspension force the Bills to draft offensive

SKOOBY

I personally think that Lynch is going to be sitting all 3 games but no less than 2 games even on appeal.

Knowing how important our first game is against a divisional opponent and after a complete failure last season to defeat one divisional rival, is our draft forced to lean towards the offensive side of the ball in it's choices??

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally think that Lynch is going to be sitting all 3 games but no less than 2 games even on appeal.

Knowing how important our first game is against a divisional opponent and after a complete failure last season to defeat one divisional rival, is our draft forced to lean towards the offensive side of the ball??

IMO, I think we have more holes on D but I can see them picking up a TE and a few others.

no it wont effect the draft. Bills needed oline help no matter who was running the ball. The only thing that will probably happen now is, the Bills will wait till some cuts happen during preseason. This will let them get the best back available, that is most ready to play. And probably sign him to a one year deal for league min for his time in the league. He will provide good depth once Lynch gets back and will help carry the load in the first 2-3 games.

Offense includes the offensive line as well, FWIW.

Drafting for OL is fine, especially if they plan to dump Peters. But a 3 game suspension to a guy you have a solid back up for should not result in alerting the draft strategy one iota. How much impact is any rookie going to have in the first 3 games anyway?

Knowing how important our first game is against a divisional opponent and after a complete failure last season to defeat one divisional rival, is our draft forced to lean towards the offensive side of the ball in it's choices??

Nah...I really think we are good with Fred Jackson...who i think is just as dangerous as Lynch. Plus... "F" it....lets see what X Oman can do..Kiper, if I recall, was very high on him.

Plus, remember, Jackson gave the HATEriots the business in that last game. He kills.

LET'S GO F'N BUFFALO!!!!!!

LET'S GO

no it wont effect the draft. Bills needed oline help no matter who was running the ball. The only thing that will probably happen now is, the Bills will wait till some cuts happen during preseason. This will let them get the best back available, that is most ready to play. And probably sign him to a one year deal for league min for his time in the league. He will provide good depth once Lynch gets back and will help carry the load in the first 2-3 games.

This is one of the most logical, lucid thoughts I have read on this board. :rolleyes:

Nah...I really think we are good with Fred Jackson...who i think is just as dangerous as Lynch. Plus... "F" it....lets see what X Oman can do..Kiper, if I recall, was very high on him.

Plus, remember, Jackson gave the HATEriots the business in that last game. He kills.

LET'S GO F'N BUFFALO!!!!!!

LET'S GO

too bad Fred is not signed to a contract

I can't believe you are being serious.....have you been drinking?

Let me get this straight.....because we are without one of best offensive players for the first 2-3 games of the season we should draft offensively to compensate? That's ridiculous. Not only would it be extraordinary for any rookie to be able to step in from week one and make a significant difference.....but the whole concept of focusing valuable draft resources at an extreme short term situation is unheard of.

I can't believe you are being serious.....have you been drinking?

Let me get this straight.....because we are without one of best offensive players for the first 2-3 games of the season we should draft offensively to compensate? That's ridiculous. Not only would it be extraordinary for any rookie to be able to step in from week one and make a significant difference.....but the whole concept of focusing valuable draft resources at an extreme short term situation is unheard of.

Come on Dibs, get with the program. We can grab Knowshon Moreno right out in front of Philly. We need to spend money on running backs. Running backs are quewl.