Seth McKinnie signed

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So is he our center and Geoff H. our guard so we need a LT or re-sign peters, and it looks like bills will be cutting someone to ree up some money, i still think Parrish will get traded.

I think it's the other way around. IF he's better at pulling and shooting out to block linebackers, he's better at guard (against 3-4). Hangarten is the big stout guy to handle the NT bull rush.

Its easy to say this is a nice depth move, but right now, it seems to me like he's the starter. I'd like to think they're planning on drafting a Guard, but the reality is they have other holes to fill equally as desperately as OG, so we don't know what the front office is actually thinking.

He could go either way. But i highly doubt the Bills dont draft an interior guy in the first three rounds. heck they might take one in the second if he is best player on board for a need position. Then McKinnie is a guy that can help in rotation with the rook and also provide depth for Butler.

Its easy to say this is a nice depth move, but right now, it seems to me like he's the starter. I'd like to think they're planning on drafting a Guard, but the reality is they have other holes to fill equally as desperately as OG, so we don't know what the front office is actually thinking.

I think it is a signal that the Bills won't be taking OG in Round 2. That's OK by me; I think McKinnie is better than Unger and certainly more versatile. The knock on Unger was that he is a one-trick pony and couldn't anchor at Center. McKinnie (like Hangartener) is a OG/OC type.

I think it is a signal that the Bills won't be taking OG in Round 2. That's OK by me; I think McKinnie is better than Unger and certainly more versatile. The knock on Unger was that he is a one-trick pony and couldn't anchor at Center. McKinnie (like Hangartener) is a OG/OC type.

I hope you're wrong Astro. I really was set on getting the best Gaurd/Center available in the second round.

I think TE and DE, one way or the other, are the first 2 rounds. You still have OLB and Peters/Replacement as the wild cards. I think it was interesting that the Bills brought in Vontae Davis--who would be there at Pick 28. I think a trade (possibly Draft Day) is in the works.

I think TE and DE, one way or the other, are the first 2 rounds. You still have OLB and Peters/Replacement as the wild cards. I think it was interesting that the Bills brought in Vontae Davis--who would be there at Pick 28. I think a trade (possibly Draft Day) is in the works.

Come on now.. we all know we are taking two DB's in the first two rounds...

From Scouts, Inc:

2008 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.

Grade: 59 | Key

Alert: None

Comment: McKinney immediately proved to be an asset for the Browns in 2007 when Ryan Tucker was suspended four games at the start of the season. McKinney is an athletic big man who moves well and has good feet. He isn't very stout against the bull rush, but he uses his hands well and keeps fighting to the whistle. He pulls effectively on power-O plays and makes good contact with the linebacker in the hole. If he gets beaten out for a starting job, he will provide excellent depth. He can play some center in a pinch, and he's very familiar with Cleveland's offensive scheme. McKinney has good free-agent value and surely will draw interest if the Browns choose not to re-sign him.

I hae seen this guy play....

He is NOT a scrub

Why do I get the impression he's a major upgrade over Preston?

Maybe because he's never started a fight with the other team with 15 seconds left in the half as the FG team is trying to get on the field?? :worthy:

Or hiked a ball directly to a QB, who just happened to be in the shotgun?

:worthy:

Not the final anwser but a guard we could get by with , when healthy at least as good as Dockery.

The Fins best lineman till he got hurt.

The Browns have no need as they seem to have been collecting OL guys for the past couple seasons and are now overstocked so to say.

From Bleacher Report:

Seth McKinney—two starts at left guard and one start at right guard for Cleveland last season

McKinney appears to better against the run than he is in the passing game. On several occasions, I saw McKinney get pushed back, collapsing the pocket. Nonetheless, he rarely lets his man get by him as he squares up well.

Against the run, he is more consistent, and occasionally shows excellent power off the line. Like Fraley, he frequently plays hard through the whistle, helping with downfield blocking.

McKinney is a solid player who can help in a reserve or spot-starting role.

Anybody thinking he's a starter or we're not taking a lineman anymore is only fooling themselves. We've got absolutely no guards or backups that aren't tackles. There is no way we could afford to use our draft picks on both a starting LG AND backups, and this gives us our utility G/C swingman in case of injury.