Report: Lynch suspended three games

I hope not. They have Jackson, who can start, and carry the bulk of the burden for a few games. I'd opt for a veteran placeholder, until Marshawn can play. The long-term situation hasn't changed, and I'd hate for the Bills to go off-plan for a 2-3 game suspension.

i think the Bills might be thinking about more then just the suspension...this is the second year in a row this dope has screwed up

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what we now need to do is draft beenie wells with our #11 overall pick. then when marshawn is off of his suspention we trade wells to san diego for shaun merriman. then we will have one of the best linebackers in the leauge on our team and we will have marshawn back.

Just kididng, it will be appealed down to one or two games and freddy can carry the load for a week or two with no problem, as long as we have a decent o line.

Dunn has been cut by two teams in the past year, I cant see how his price could be high and if it is he needs to wake up

i think this means we are going to see the Bills draft a RB fairly high this year

I would love to see the Bills sign Deuce McAllister. He still has something left in the tank.

Guest dog14787
Yea, I watched that press conference and really wished he didn't say that target on his back comment, he tried to back track away from that with some BS. The presser was great except for that.

I don't think he offered an apology to anyone, another brilliant move on his part. :worthy:

i think the Bills might be thinking about more then just the suspension...this is the second year in a row this dope has screwed up

That's true. Very minor (in the scope of the possible) screwups, but screwups none the less.

I don't know. He seems like a really good kid, that made a few stupid decisions. i chalk it up to immaturity.

Absolutely ridiculous. I hope all the people that hoped that they would throw the book at Lynch to "prove a point" are happy now that the NFL has basically screwed us...again.

He admitted his guilt for carrying an unlicensed and loaded firearm. The commissioner is working to erase this sort of behavior from the league. I think the days of a slap on the wrist has ended.

That's true. Very minor (in the scope of the possible) screwups, but screwups none the less.

I don't know. He seems like a really good kid, that made a few stupid decisions. i chalk it up to immaturity.

I disagree. ML was in possession of a loaded and unlicensed firearm. He already has a previous (unpunished by the NFL) issue from last year. I believe the commissioner wanted to send a strong message that 2 incidents in 2 years will be met with a firm punishment. He was lucky not to receive a suspension last year.

ML may turn out to be a model citizen. But at this point his actions appear like he's going the other way.

Absolutely ridiculous. I hope all the people that hoped that they would throw the book at Lynch to "prove a point" are happy now that the NFL has basically screwed us...again.

The NFL did'nt screw us Lynch did by haveing a gun that he should not have had.iam just as sick of the suspention as any one but when you do stupid stuff and break the rules you have to suffer the penalties that come with it

He admitted his guilt for carrying an unlicensed and loaded firearm. The commissioner is working to erase this sort of behavior from the league. I think the days of a slap on the wrist has ended.

I disagree. ML was in possession of a loaded and unlicensed firearm. He already has a previous (unpunished by the NFL) issue from last year. I believe the commissioner wanted to send a strong message that 2 incidents in 2 years will be met with a firm punishment. He was lucky not to receive a suspension last year.

I agree with most of this, but if you don't think leaving the scene of a minor accident, and having an unregistered gun in the trunk, are relatively minor, on the scale of the possible, then I don't know what to say. Yes the NFL is trying to crack down on gun stuff...good for them. But, these are stupid crimes, not violent ones.

I think Marshawn turns it around, He is saying the right things, for the most part. I hope I'm right.

The NFL did'nt screw us Lynch did by haveing a gun that he should not have had.iam just as sick of the suspention as any one but when you do stupid stuff and break the rules you have to suffer the penalties that come with it

i dont mind that ML got a harsh punishment "IF" the punishments stay consistently harsh to other offeneders around the league.

I think Marshawn turns it around, He is saying the right things, for the most part. I hope I'm right.

i hope you are right, i <3 beastmode.

All i hope is that the preverbial "light bulb" went on and marshawn is taking a good long look at himself and realizing he can have a great career or squander it away with terrible decisions. hopefully he chooses the right path.

I agree with most of this, but if you don't think leaving the scene of a minor accident, and having an unregistered gun in the trunk, are relatively minor, on the scale of the possible, then I don't know what to say. Yes the NFL is trying to crack down on gun stuff...good for them. But, these are stupid crimes, not violent ones.

I don't want to turn this into anything but a sports thing, but unlicensed handguns are a serious issue in this country. And that's coming from someone who has a permit. Most crimes are perpetuated with them.

I hope ML gets his act together and begins hanging out with better folks. The gun thing, IMO, is far more serious than striking the pedestrian. But the idea of him carrying illegally is not a step in the right direction. I'd sure like him to be available sooner than the fourth game of the season, but he's got to realize he's hurting the team by doing these sorts of things.

i dont mind that ML got a harsh punishment "IF" the punishments stay consistently harsh to other offeneders around the league.

Which is doesn't...compare Marshall's rap sheet to his...if Marshawn serves more than one game it's a joke...

I don't want to turn this into anything but a sports thing, but unlicensed handguns are a serious issue in this country. And that's coming from someone who has a permit. Most crimes are perpetuated with them.

I hope ML gets his act together and begins hanging out with better folks. The gun thing, IMO, is far more serious than striking the pedestrian. But the idea of him carrying illegally is not a step in the right direction. I'd sure like him to be available sooner than the fourth game of the season, but he's got to realize he's hurting the team by doing these sorts of things.

I agree with all of that.

Which is doesn't...compare Marshall's rap sheet to his...if Marshawn serves more than one game it's a joke...

Bingo. I expected a 1-2 game suspension by Goodell and it to get reduced to nothing but a fine, again using Marshall's more egregious transgressions as the precedent. Giving him 3 games is a farce, and it will be a worse one if he ends-up serving more than 1 game.

First game, Monday night, at New England, we need Beast Mode.

We already knew Marshawn wasn't going to be around for that game, and even if he was to play in that game we'd still probably be fu<ked.

Do we really need to sign a RB for 3 games? It kills me to see how the Bills let some of those free agent LB's sign one year contracts with other teams when thats the position we could really use help at, but we'd sign a RB to a 1 year deal for 3 games? I just hope now that the they've announced his suspension, the Bills will finally throw Freddy some money. There's no doubt in my mind that he can run for over 100 yards in each of those first 3 games.

Bottom line - Appeal it and move on, be excited because T.O.'s in town and working out :worthy:

Thanks, Tim. I figured on two, but I'm guessing there's at least a chance of getting to that number via appeal.

I would love to see the Bills sign Deuce McAllister. He still has something left in the tank.

But not much cartilage left in the knees.

I agree with you that Marshawn turns it around I don't think that he is a thug or any thing like that he just does'nt think things over before he acts.My kids are right in his age group and they sometimes do dumd stuff to,it's just a matter of growing up a bit. :worthy: