Make or Break season for Trent Edwards?

Of course it is, with TO and Evans it has to be. Although the O-line has to be addressed first. Can't blame him if Bell and Chambers are our starters this year.

He has too many weapons for the O Line to be an excuse anymore...we are not even close to the worst O Line in the league and there are plenty of QB's getting it done with worse O Lines and less weapons than ours...if he doesnt step up in 2009 it will be time to explore other options...

He had plenty of time to throw last year and didnt get it done...I dont buy into the the O Line excuse for him...

He has too many weapons for the O Line to be an excuse anymore...we are not even close to the worst O Line in the league and there are plenty of QB's getting it done with worse O Lines and less weapons than ours...if he doesnt step up in 2009 it will be time to explore other options...

He had plenty of time to throw last year and didnt get it done...I dont buy into the the O Line excuse for him...

He has "too many weapons"? He has one more than he had last year. Does that he mean he had "plenty" or "just enough" last year?

He had "plenty of time to throw last year"? Time to purchase a TV, bro.

WTF do I even try to do this? It has to be a character flaw.

I agree that Trent needs to show progress in 09. That said, last season was his seconf f :blink: g year. Not his fifth. His second f :) g year!!!!!

If the blocking was so great, where is Dockery now? Where are the centers? When Butler got hurt we had a bad RG, no center, and an unmotivated LG with no push. That is the entire middle of the OL. NFL defenses can exploit weaknesses such as this. Do you disagree?

Never mind.....it was all about the second year quarterback. :wallbash:

If the offensive numbers don't go up with TO on the team, the blame will fall on Edwards; not the receivers, not the OL, and not Jauron/Schonert no matter what the problem really is. Whether that blame is accurate or not, it will still end up being pinned on Edwards.

I agree that Trent needs to show progress in 09. That said, last season was his seconf f :blink: g year. Not his fifth. His second f :) g year!!!!!

If the blocking was so great, where is Dockery now? Where are the centers? When Butler got hurt we had a bad RG, no center, and an unmotivated LG with no push. That is the entire middle of the OL. NFL defenses can exploit weaknesses such as this. Do you disagree?

Bill has a point. 2nd year quarterback as a starter isn't the problem. He can be PART of the problem, but not the entire problem. The pass rush, protection, performance of the skill positions, etc are more pressing than Trent as the end all be all reason for the team's success. For the Sports Network or whatever it is to assume it's just on Trent is folly at best and nonsensical.

He's shown that when given time more often than not he'll make a good decision. With a solid cast around him it would allow him to take more risks and make the 40% throw deep more than the 90% check to Marshawn/Fred.

Of course it is, with TO and Evans it has to be. Although the O-line has to be addressed first. Can't blame him if Bell and Chambers are our starters this year.

Agreed. And so to is it Juaron's. Don't think a new coach will keep Trent if he doesn't have a "pro bowl" type year.

But the really big plus about Trent Edwards was that he had the poise and natural instincts to play the position. That the learning curve was very short. So if a QB with a supposed very short learning curve can't get it together and have a good season with guys like Owens, Evans, Lynch and Jackson in his third season then don't you think there's a major problem. Is it too much to ask that Trent have a good season this year? That's being very fair to the guy since were now seeing teams going to the playoffs with rookie QBs like Ryan and Flacco. If Trent does in fact have another bad season, the Bills will have only about four wins, Jauron will be fired and the new head coach will draft a QB with that very high draft pick. If you were the new Bills head coach, would you rather give Trent a fourth year to prove himself or draft a very promising QB with a top five draft pick (which would be the range the Bills would no doubt be picking in)? Put in that position I'm picking the QB.

Agreed. And so to is it Juaron's. Don't think a new coach will keep Trent if he doesn't have a "pro bowl" type year.

I don't think Trent needs to have a "Pro Bowl" type year to keep his job, with or without Dick as HC. But he does have to have a good solid, and effective, year.

No, Bill, it's about our injury-prone, glove-wearing, warm-weather, instant-checkdown 3rd-year starting QB and his Dakota Fanning scrapbook. B-)