2009 TBD 3 Round Mock Draft Peanut Gallery

R. Rich

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough choice as there are some nice options on the board, but the Giants came back to their #1 need (and the one they felt least comfortable about filling in Rounds 2 and 3) with Kenny Britt; a big, physical WR in the Burress mold. That's he's a local product (Rutgers) is a plus.

Tough choice as there are some nice options on the board, but the Giants came back to their #1 need (and the one they felt least comfortable about filling in Rounds 2 and 3) with Kenny Britt; a big, physical WR in the Burress mold. That's he's a local product (Rutgers) is a plus.

Add in a 9 for style points with "the big fella"--(A little Bill Raftery)

How did ya like that pick? :blink:

Good pick. The rams are desperate for WR help. They also need corner help. However, in all honesty, i believe that even if you had a team of 11 pro bowlers and 11 pro bowl backups on offense, and had pro bowl starters and backups on the defensive front 7, and nothing but garbage in the secondary, i fully believe you would still refuse to draft a DB in round 1 and would instead draft a 4th string OG.

Good job on picking Mack. With Oher at guard, our 2nd round pick will look nice glued to the bench. But hey, who cares if we dont actually address team needs as long as we get what fans deem good "value."

So now we've got mack and oher, and we can watch the defense ring up 20 sacks again on the season. Who cares about the pass rush? We've got FAT GUYS!

Well, I personally don't think Hangy would be the starter if we select Mack. Plus, he gives us some room for when (not if) Butler goes down with an injury.

Just because Johnson is perhaps the best DE left on the board doesn't mean I think he's all that and a bag of chips. I realize we need a pass rush, but I don't think the answer is Johnson or Barwin.

The Giants were able to fill another significant need in round 2, replacing the departed Derrick Ward with last years' leading rusher in the NCAA, Donald Brown. Although LeSean McCoy may have been slightly more suited to the "wind" role in the Giants 3-headed backfield, the team felt Brown was a more complete back and more capable to stepping into a significant role sooner. The team felt this was a priority given the heavy workload and resulting punishment handled by Brandon Jacobs.

Mohammed Massaquoi????? Over Ramses Barden, Louis Murhpy, Juaquin Iglesias, and Derrick Williams?

Solid WR with size. They got hester and Bennett. This gives Cutler another target. Murphy is coming out of the spread, and buyer beware taking wRs from that system. Especially florida WRs, who have a horrible track record in the pros.

btw - i'm out tomorrow so i wont be around if we do round 3

I know. think of how much they'll help our pass rush...oh wait..

But who cares! We got fat OL guys! Super Bowl, here we come!

Pass rush? Read the article on the main page about Vontae Davis. At least with mock drafts we can pretend that the Bills care about the lines.

Pass rush? Read the article on the main page about Vontae Davis. At least with mock drafts we can pretend that the Bills care about the lines.

You have a point, William. We can act like we give a damn 'bout the lines.

Just imagine what could happen if the Bills did.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.