2009 TBD 3 Round Mock Draft Peanut Gallery

R. Rich

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So its only ok to "reach" for an OL? Could have had a similar G prospect in round 2 with robinson or levitre and gotten some defensive front 7 help at #11.

Are you arguing w/ BGIM or myself?

I don't mind the Oher pick (it's not a "WTF??" type move). I just want the Bills to finally "get it" in regard to the pass rush. In this mock, the pickings are going to be quite slim in the upcoming 2 rounds for guys who can put heat on the QB. Looks like the Bills will be looking @ more ominous 3rd downs next season.

Maybe, w/ the $$ they'd save by not giving Peters a huge contract, they could overspend on some injured has been (Taylor) to bring the heat.

12:31 – 12:45 Buffalo - Michael Oher, OT, Mississippi

That's what the group think of TBD comes up with for the Bills pick?

So it would seem.

WTF???

And after I went out of my way to say this wasn't a "WTF??" type pick, too. Sigh.

Consider me underwhelmed.

And undervoted.

TBD has begun to mirror the "inner circle" of the Bills. :(

Has begun to????

Hey, I tried to stress the need for a pass rusher. Didn't work.

So it would seem.

And after I went out of my way to say this wasn't a "WTF??" type pick, too. Sigh.

And undervoted.

Has begun to????

Hey, I tried to stress the need for a pass rusher. Didn't work.

Agreed, I'm all about the pass rush.

I like Maybin and Brown. Though, I would much prefer Brown.

With Maybin being the one available in this "mock" I would have taken him.

We have needed a quick twitch pass rusher for oh, so many years- hate to pass one up for a not so bright boom or bust

o-lineman.

Are you arguing w/ BGIM or myself?

I don't mind the Oher pick (it's not a "WTF??" type move). I just want the Bills to finally "get it" in regard to the pass rush. In this mock, the pickings are going to be quite slim in the upcoming 2 rounds for guys who can put heat on the QB. Looks like the Bills will be looking @ more ominous 3rd downs next season.

Maybe, w/ the $$ they'd save by not giving Peters a huge contract, they could overspend on some injured has been (Taylor) to bring the heat.

If we trade Peters, then taking Oher at #11 wouldn't be too bad. However, i was basing the pick off today, where we have Peters still as our LT. Given the drop off in pass rushers from 11 to 42, and comparing it to the relative abundance of OG or OT that should be available at 42, it would be highly foolish to ignore the pass rush when there are legit options at #11. Hell, even an OLB who can be a playmaker and get to the QB would be an improvement.

Make it 4.

Re: Jenkins, Denver had initially taken Clay Matthews. With that, there was no one left on the D front 7 to help out Tampa, but they do need help at CB. They've got some good young safeties, but They have Talib and Barber at CB and thats it. I would have considered taking Maclin at 19, but no way in hell i was taking Harvin then. TB has no need for a RB since they signed Ward, and no need for a TE with Winslow. I also am not completely sold on Josh Freeman, and i think Josh Johnson will get a real shot to see what he can do. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see him under center towards the end of the season for the Buccs.

Nice getting No-shon there. Lotta teams gonna regret passing on him.

Agreed. Moreno is a beast and has All-Pro potential IMHO.

I think there are a few teams that might be lurking in the weeds for him.

Taking into consideration Moreno's competitiveness and multi-purpose ability-

I think New England might be a landing spot for him.

I'd be surprised if they passed on him with their first round pick.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.