Whitner as FS

Fingon

you keep comparing Whitners first 3 years to Sanders but have yet to acknowledge the fact that Sanders played in 19 less games then Whitner his first 3 years...do you realize thats more then a full season less yet you continue to compare their stats?

And? Isn't being injury prone one of the criteria for evaluating a player's effectiveness?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any one of them would have established themselves as very good players just the way that Clements, Greer and McGee did without a good pass rush in front of them. Hell, McKelvin has shown more playmaking ability on defense in one year than Whitner has in three freaking years. So while they are greatly helped with a pass rush, they would still be great players here regardless since we have had players in the secondary excel in recent years. Whitner never has established himself and is changing positions because he has been a failure at strong safety. That's not a very promising event for Whitner excuse makers like yourself.

Have those three plays ready to back up your argument against Dawg yet?

You still didn't answer the question. Amazing. You refuse to answer it. Answer the question

Regarding the three plays, you got to be kidding me? you are wanting me to name three plays that he made? Is that a real question? Please say it isn't, because if you are standing by that, then you are a fool. Are you really going down that path?

And in regards to Whitner. I want you to do something else. Now since you havn't answered my question, and I've asked it at least 5 times, I really don't expect you to answer this one either.

Where in this thread or anywhere have I said that Whitner has played at a high level? Go ahead

Look back

Where have I stated this? What I have said, is that he has been a good tackler, covers well but has lacked big play ability. That has always been my message with Whitner. Would I have rather of had NGata then Whitner? your damn straight I would of.

My response, was to how unreasonable your views were regarding Whitner. You guys have implied that he sucks and that he will never be better than average. So I responded to that, and gave the flip side to the argument. But since you were both in heated arguments with other posters, you took your aggressive stance on my post.

So once again, answer the original question, but this time do it. Also, answer me where I have stated that Whitner has been playing at a high level or anything implying that.

You still didn't answer the question. Amazing. You refuse to answer it. Answer the question

Regarding the three plays, you got to be kidding me? you are wanting me to name three plays that he made? Is that a real question? Please say it isn't, because if you are standing by that, then you are a fool. Are you really going down that path?

And in regards to Whitner. I want you to do something else. Now since you havn't answered my question, and I've asked it at least 5 times, I really don't expect you to answer this one either.

Where in this thread or anywhere have I said that Whitner has played at a high level? Go ahead

Look back

Where have I stated this? What I have said, is that he has been a good tackler, covers well but has lacked big play ability. That has always been my message with Whitner. Would I have rather of had NGata then Whitner? your damn straight I would of.

My response, was to how unreasonable your views were regarding Whitner. You guys have implied that he sucks and that he will never be better than average. So I responded to that, and gave the flip side to the argument. But since you were both in heated arguments with other posters, you took your aggressive stance on my post.

So once again, answer the original question, but this time do it. Also, answer me where I have stated that Whitner has been playing at a high level or anything implying that.

Reading comprehension and Magox, not a winning combo.

:thumbsup:

And? Isn't being injury prone one of the criteria for evaluating a player's effectiveness?

I'd take an injury-prone Sanders over a "durable" Whitner 7 days a week and twice on Sunday.

I'd take an injury-prone Sanders over a "durable" Whitner 7 days a week and twice on Sunday.

Yeah, I'm sure you were saying this after his 3rd season when he had 2 career INTs and missed 19 games. :thumbsup: I love your 20-20 hindsight. It is amazing. The problem with trolls like yourself is while other posters are having conversations, you are just talking out of your @ss.

Alpha, I am glad to not even come close to having anything that resembles being a friend like DOG and Trollboybillsfan, and I know you're still a little sore about yesterday, but forget about that for a second, what do you think about Whitner? do you think that play where he got rolled on by Sammy Morris is a way that should characterize his career? I'm almost afraid to hear your answer.

Dont know what you are referring to about being sore, unless you are asking is my back sore from carrying that threat all day...lmao...

I will say its funny to see you call out people for dodging points or questions considering how you bob and weeve with the Edwards stuff so much, lmao. :thumbsup:

As far as Donte goes, I think he is going to have a good year, maybe even a pro bowl year at FS. I like what he brings to the table...has he been great, no, but I believe in his talent. I think our D if it stays healthy will be top 10 and I really like our corners.

As far as that Sammy Morris play, anyone who has played football knows it was simply of a case of leverage, it happens. Dikembe Mutombo has been dunked on plenty in his day, yet he is still one of the best defensive centers of all time...one play where Donte got there with his feet too far forward doesnt define a career. Heck, I once saw Deion Sanders make a good hit on one play, that sure as hell doesn't make him a good tackler or big hitter...

Just like I have preached to you that one game doesnt define a career, one play doesnt even define a game let alone a career...

Dont know what you are referring to about being sore, unless you are asking is my back sore from carrying that threat all day...lmao...

I will say its funny to see you call out people for dodging points or questions considering how you bob and weeve with the Edwards stuff so much, lmao. :thumbsup:

As far as Donte goes, I think he is going to have a good year, maybe even a pro bowl year at FS. I like what he brings to the table...has he been great, no, but I believe in his talent. I think our D if it stays healthy will be top 10 and I really like our corners.

As far as that Sammy Morris play, anyone who has played football knows it was simply of a case of leverage, it happens. Dikembe Mutombo has been dunked on plenty in his day, yet he is still one of the best defensive centers of all time...one play where Donte got there with his feet too far forward doesnt define a career. Heck, I once saw Deion Sanders make a good hit on one play, that sure as hell doesn't make him a good tackler or big hitter...

Just like I have preached to you that one game doesnt define a career, one play doesnt even define a game let alone a career...

agreed!

I will say its funny to see you call out people for dodging points or questions considering how you bob and weeve with the Edwards stuff so much, lmao. :flirt:

Well said. You are a good poster when you're not going out of your way to tear down a promosing 2nd year QB. :thumbsup:

Well said. You are a good poster when you're not going out of your way to tear down a promosing 2nd year QB. :thumbsup:

LMAO...

You have to admit though, I have never bashed the unnamed QB you mentioned...never anything other than in game play...no name calling, no hating, just dissatisfaction with areas of his game.

Still hope he kicks ass in 2009 as we will need him to...GO UNNAMED QB!!!!!!!!!

hahahaha

Why did it hurt to watch Whitner get flattened by Sammy Morris? Here it is for your viewing pleasure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yuh6G7MVsOQ

That is based on his play on the field. Not based on your obsession with his Facebook profile :thumbsup:

P.S. Did you write on his wall yet? Did you tell him you loved him?

IIRC, Whitner was playing with a nearly separated shoulder and hit him squarely in the injured spot. Some of your criticisms are spot on, but this is a truly weak one that you should probably delete from your repertoire.

QUOTE (TimGraham @ Mar 9 2009, 09:08 PM)

I like Donte Whitner. The thing about safeties, however, is that no other position's naked-eye performance is as dependent on the overall strength of a team's defense. Put Ed Reed on the Bills defense, and he'll look average.

Dean reminded me of this. Thanks

Those who say that Whitner is below average really are speaking from a point of view of a bitter fan. He's clearly not one of the best safety's in the game at this point, but he's equally not on the bottom half as well.

He covers and tackles well, but he has lacked playmaking ability. The one common denominator that Reed, Polomalu and Sanders have all had, is a pass rush. Anyone who discounts this, is truly turning a blind eye to the facts.

In Whitner's defense, his role has changed almost every year. From having to play the nickel, to playing in the box, to roaming around out in open field.

Whitner is a multifaceted safety that can play many roles. If the Bills can generate some passrush, I think you will see his playmaking increase dramatically. If they don't, then I think you will see a Whitner that plays well, but little playmaking.

Not only is your buddy Whitner a below average safety, but he's a below average safety who's apparently only ready to jack someone up when he's got some beer muscles.

The only good "role" he's ready to play is in the special edition of "COPS - Don't Taser Me Bro #4".

Not only is your buddy Whitner a below average safety, but he's a below average safety who's apparently only ready to jack someone up when he's got some beer muscles.

The only good "role" he's ready to play is in the special edition of "COPS - Don't Taser Me Bro #4".

What a stupid and pointless post.