Cheapskate Ralph and Peters

BB-Gun

Wait a minute. What team is going to trade for Peters and give up a 1st round pick and then give Peters top LT NFL money? People here are assuming the Eagles will do the deal. I say the Eagles have no interest in Jason Peters and would rather use their draft picks and get their LT through the draft.

:thumbsup:

You may have hit the proverbial nail on the head my friend. If I am sitting out there watching this from Philly or any other place for that matter, I am saying this guy looks like trouble and no way do I pay him elite money. Plain and simple leopards don't change spots no matter how much money you throw at them. Once bitten by the malcontent bug always infected.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait a minute. What team is going to trade for Peters and give up a 1st round pick and then give Peters top LT NFL money? People here are assuming the Eagles will do the deal. I say the Eagles have no interest in Jason Peters and would rather use their draft picks and get their LT through the draft.

Some here think Peters is worth a 1st and a 3rd?

Put the crack pipe away!

:thumbsup:

Exactly... Some people on this board need to come up for air...

Now, what if our rookie LT does not perform up to people's expectation, and actually looks like a rookie out there? Will the fans (fanatics) start calling out Ralph Wilson as the problem, and call him a cheapskate? "If Ralph only paid what Peters was demanding, we wouldn't be in this mess."

Peters played worse then a rookie last year so i wouldnt have a problem with a rookie playing like a rookie

giving Peters what he wants the absolute wrong move

you guys are the fools if you don't think peters will garner a 1st and 3rd round pick. somehow this tard made the pro-bowl for the last two years. god only knows how. the only reason i want the bills to trade him is because he is being unreasonable. he asking for too much because he doesn't want to play here anymore. trade this dick and lets move on.

I'm not saying the Bills should trade him, dump him, let him sit, or pay him.

I'm saying, don't get so worked up to get rid of Peters, just yet. Give them time to negotiate. It is still snowing in western NY, and the draft is still weeks away. No matter what they do, the fans are going to be mad at this organization for their actions.

after a decade of not making the playoffs, Bills fans have a right to be mad at this organization for their actions.

Peters played worse then a rookie last year so i wouldnt have a problem with a rookie playing like a rookie

giving Peters what he wants the absolute wrong move

Totally agree. If he had held out and then came back and kicked some butt.. definitely pay the guy. But he didn't. Dump his arss and get some draft picks for him.

Ummmm... the Bills started their negotiations with Peters at 8.5 million a year. That means to anyone with a brain and a pulse that they are likely willing to pay him 9-10 million a year. That means to anyone with a brain and a pulse that they think he is one of the top 3-4 LTs in the league. They don't think he sucks, they think he is great. And they're right.

Ummmm... the Bills started their negotiations with Peters at 8.5 million a year. That means to anyone with a brain and a pulse that they are likely willing to pay him 9-10 million a year. That means to anyone with a brain and a pulse that they think he is one of the top 3-4 LTs in the league. They don't think he sucks, they think he is great. And they're right.

Sure didn't look great last year.

how many sacks did that so called great LT give up last year?

I will take an average tackle that is a good team guy. Over an overrated devisive LT any day. Sorry but Peters has turned into his own worst enemy. Do you think he is worth 11.5 million a year??? And are you ready for the day when his contract will proclude you from being able to sign another one of your players??? Maybe McKelvin or Lynch in a few years??? Sorry but the deal Peters wants the Bills can't give. If you think that is being cheap, just remember that the next time your kids come to you for money, and you dont have it. Or when you go out car shopping and really want the BMW but it would cause you to not be able to have other things in your life. Like maybe insurance or pay for your mortgage. Sorry but Ralph isn't being cheap here.

Was that an analogy? I don't see the correlation. We are comparing NFL franchises to personal finance, and business decisions to luxury cars here. Good players = good team = marketing advantage = more revenue.

how many sacks did that so called great LT give up last year?

It doesn't matter. He had a down year for him because of the holdout, and because the team sucked, and the players next to him sucked. If you actually keyed on him on every play he played last year, as I did on my DVR (except a couple games when I was traveling and away from my DVR), he didn't suck at all, he was pretty damn great. Some games when he gave up one sack he dominated. Again, the Bills right now are willing to make him one of the highest paid players in the league, and they're willing to pay more, but he and his agent are negotiating.

You guys are also thinking that another team is going to trade a #1 and a #3 AND pay him 10-11 million a year, because no one is going to trade for him without renegotiating his deal and Parker/Peters agreeing to it. So that team, which is INARGUABLY going to watch every single play he lined up on last year before they make that trade, is going to think he is one of the very best players in the league. Otherwise they don't trade.

And as I said before, they probably have better talent evaluators than we do, considering we have a lack of talent and don't draft or sign FAs that well and havent been in the playoffs in a decade.

Was that an analogy? I don't see the correlation. We are comparing NFL franchises to personal finance, and business decisions to luxury cars here. Good players = good team = marketing advantage = more revenue.

The anology is if you spend to much money on anything today it will prohibit you from what you can buy tomorrow. If you dont understand that then you are probably one of the guys who has gotten our country in the mess it is in. In your equation you did there you forgot to mention salary cap. But nice try.

Also in regards to Philly. Yes they just might pay him the money. They realize the window is closing on their opportunity to win a SB. McNabb and Westbrook are not getting any younger. Neither is Jim Johnson. So if they feel like a 'proven' LT is the last piece they just might bite on the 1 and 3 rounders for him. They have two first rounders.

It doesn't matter. He had a down year for him because of the holdout, and because the team sucked, and the players next to him sucked. If you actually keyed on him on every play he played last year, as I did on my DVR (except a couple games when I was traveling and away from my DVR), he didn't suck at all, he was pretty damn great. Some games when he gave up one sack he dominated. Again, the Bills right now are willing to make him one of the highest paid players in the league, and they're willing to pay more, but he and his agent are negotiating.

You guys are also thinking that another team is going to trade a #1 and a #3 AND pay him 10-11 million a year, because no one is going to trade for him without renegotiating his deal and Parker/Peters agreeing to it. So that team, which is INARGUABLY going to watch every single play he lined up on last year before they make that trade, is going to think he is one of the very best players in the league. Otherwise they don't trade.

And as I said before, they probably have better talent evaluators than we do, considering we have a lack of talent and don't draft or sign FAs that well and havent been in the playoffs in a decade.

I think You're pretty much dead on...Another factor is Peters age and the lack of Pre-NFL experience He has at OT...Any Team interested is looking at Peters and thinking...Here is this super-athletic Kid who is already VERY good at one of the 3 most important Positions on any NFL Team...He figures to get even better, and has at least another 5-7 Years left...Folks are getting WAY too carried away with Peters Play Last Season...He certainly was not bad...And it's still a year without a Training Camp and He's obviously not happy about His Contract situation...NFL Teams know this...If they like JP they are going to excuse Last Season somewhat...

All it takes is one...One Team to fall in love with Jason Peters and they will pony up that 1st and 3rd...But honestly, if I ran The Bills FO there is no way I Trade Peters for anything less...He's a 2 time Pro Bowl LT who is only 27 Years Old...If I can't get at least a 1st this Year and something more (a 3rd this Year or a 2nd next) I let Him sit...The Bills have next to no Pro-Bowl calibre Talent...They cannot afford to devalue Peters on this Roster...They don't HAVE to Trade Him...If anyone wants a 27 Year Old Pro Bowl LT they need to step up, or nevermind... :thumbsup:

I think You're pretty much dead on...Another factor is Peters age and the lack of Pre-NFL experience He has at OT...Any Team interested is looking at Peters and thinking...Here is this super-athletic Kid who is already VERY good at one of the 3 most important Positions on any NFL Team...He figures to get even better, and has at least another 5-7 Years left...Folks are getting WAY too carried away with Peters Play Last Season...He certainly was not bad...And it's still a year without a Training Camp and He's obviously not happy about His Contract situation...NFL Teams know this...If they like JP they are going to excuse Last Season somewhat...

All it takes is one...One Team to fall in love with Jason Peters and they will pony up that 1st and 3rd...But honestly, if I ran The Bills FO there is no way I Trade Peters for anything less...He's a 2 time Pro Bowl LT who is only 27 Years Old...If I can't get at least a 1st this Year and something more (a 3rd this Year or a 2nd next) I let Him sit...The Bills have next to no Pro-Bowl calibre Talent...They cannot afford to devalue Peters on this Roster...They don't HAVE to Trade Him...If anyone wants a 27 Year Old Pro Bowl LT they need to step up, or nevermind... :thumbsup:

If someone smarter than us is going to pony up a #1 and a #3 and 10-11 million for him, why wouldn't we pay him 10-11 million and keep him? He wouldnt be disgruntled anymore.

Actually, that is what is likely to happen.

If they trade Peters, I'm giving up on this team ever winning. The "ralph-cheapo" conspiracy theorists will have been proved right me thinks.

Ralph-cheapo or Ralph-retardo? Anyone who pays that kind of money for mediocrity is stupid of works for the US government.

PTR

Well said Kelly. I love the spin about Bell and Walker being able replacements much like we heard about Jerry Crafts, Corey Loucey and Marcus Price as they stepped in for establsihed pro's, we know how badly that turned out. Sign Peters and lets draft a few needs rather than create another one.

If someone smarter than us is going to pony up a #1 and a #3 and 10-11 million for him, why wouldn't we pay him 10-11 million and keep him? He wouldnt be disgruntled anymore.

Actually, that is what is likely to happen.

And you know this how? Based on fan speculation from a message board?

salaries aren't determined by ticket money. There's a salary cap that requires that every team spend a minimum amount up to a maximum. Every team gets the same amount of money from the league to cover their player payrolls and then some. If we paid more for tickets (the fanbase, as a whole, couldn't afford it, anyway), it would have no bearing on how much we'd be able to spend on players.

The league does not give the teams the mney to spend on players, they do cap it but they don't give it to them. Also, the Bills are always well below that cap number compared to other teams.

The league does not give the teams the mney to spend on players, they do cap it but they don't give it to them. Also, the Bills are always well below that cap number compared to other teams.

care to make a wager on that first statement? The salary cap is about 63% of defined gross revenues. TV contract money gets paid to the league, which distributes it to the teams.

So if the salary cap is about $126M, each individual team is getting $200M from the league through TV contracts, merchandise sales, etc..all of which is shared around the league.

Well said Kelly. I love the spin about Bell and Walker being able replacements much like we heard about Jerry Crafts, Corey Loucey and Marcus Price as they stepped in for establsihed pro's, we know how badly that turned out. Sign Peters and lets draft a few needs rather than create another one.

Well said!!