If Peters really wants out and we have to trade him,

Pettigrew is heralded for his blocking and I'm wondering if this would make us consider him all the more. If Peters wants out and we can't re-sign him then how confident will our braintrust be with our OL? Signing TO was great but not if we can't get him the ball. Could you imagine the rants on the sidelines if our offense sputters like years past?

Well, I could be OK with a 1st and 3rd rounder if that's what it came to. If we did, well, I would like to take the best Tackle available with the #11 spot, Then take Pettigrew with the #21 assuming we trade with Philly and look to draft a Duke Robinson with our 2nd round pick. Then address the defense with the majority of the picks afterwards.

These picks here would help solidify our offense for years to come

Well, I could be OK with a 1st and 3rd rounder if that's what it came to. If we did, well, I would like to take the best Tackle available with the #11 spot, Then take Pettigrew with the #21 assuming we trade with Philly and look to draft a Duke Robinson with our 2nd round pick. Then address the defense with the majority of the picks afterwards.

Signing someone like DE Jason Taylor would allow us to do your scenario. I like it.

then eventually we could convert Pettigrew to Left Tackle....lol

Peters worth (to me) is two #1's....otherwise he signs a reasonable new deal or he sits home.

Hey, here is Todd McShays latest Mock Draft (after Cutler deal).....Sanchez is still there at #11.....let the wheeling and dealing begin.....

1. Detroit Lions (Record: 0-16): Matthew Stafford, QB, Georgia

2. St. Louis Rams (2-14): Jason Smith, OT, Baylor

3. Kansas City Chiefs (2-14): Aaron Curry, LB, Wake Forest

4. Seattle Seahawks (4-12): Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia

5. Cleveland Browns (4-12): Brian Orakpo, DE/OLB, Texas

6. Cincinnati Bengals (4-11-1): Andre Smith, OT, Alabama

7. Oakland Raiders (5-11): Jeremy Maclin, WR, Missouri

8. Jacksonville Jaguars (5-11): Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech

9. Green Bay Packers (6-10): B.J. Raji, DT, Boston College

10. San Francisco 49ers (7-9): Aaron Maybin, DE, Penn State

11. Buffalo Bills (7-9): Everette Brown, DE, Florida State

12. Denver Broncos (8-8): Mark Sanchez, QB, USC

13. Washington Redskins (8-8): Robert Ayers, DE, Tennessee

14. New Orleans Saints (8-8): Chris "Beanie" Wells, RB, Ohio State

15. Houston Texans (8-8): Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State

16. San Diego Chargers (8-8): Michael Oher, OT, Mississippi

I'm discouraged that Peters wants to be in Buffalo and will sign a new contract. In the event that we have to trade him then here's a suggestion on how to offset this loss.

The Packers are switching to a 3-4 defense and like other teams that are doing the same (*see Kansas City) they may not have the proper personnel to do so currently. DL Aaron Kampman is rumored to be available and I'm pretty confident that for the right compensation he is.

It's nearly impossible for anyone to know exactly what Peters' worth is and what he will bring in trade but my suggestion is that if we are able to trade Peters for a 1st and a 3rd rder then we do the following. I'll use either the Detroit Lions (1st rd/#20, 3rd rd/#65 & #82) or the Philadelphia Eagles (1st rd/#21, 3rd rd/#85) as a barometer. Both could use a LT and can afford the picks to get one.

Trade Peters to either the Lions/Eagles for the #20 or #21 (1st rd) and #82 or #85 (3rd rd) picks. In the 1st rd at the #11 pick we draft OL Michael Oher and with either the #20 or #21 pick we take TE Brandon Pettigrew. In the 2nd rd at the #42 pick we take OG Duke Robinson. We trade our original 3rd rd pick (#75) to Green Bay for DL Aaron Kampman. If this isn't enough compensation, and I'm sure that it isn't, then we also trade a progressive pick from the 2010 draft based on Kampman's 2009 production. We still have a 3rd rder from the Peters trade that we could use on the BPA (OLB Tyrone Mckenzie?).

I'm not happy about trading Peters but if the guy doesn't want to be here and is going to disrupt the season then I guess the Bills will be forced to do so. I really hope that this situation can get worked out but it's looking dimmer and dimmer. I think that this type of draft/trade for us will cover most of our bases. We even could use our 4th rder for TE Tony Scheffler if need be. I do believe that the Bills want to win this season and are willing to do whatever is necessary to do so.

Pettigrew is heralded for his blocking and I'm wondering if this would make us consider him all the more. If Peters wants out and we can't re-sign him then how confident will our braintrust be with our OL? Signing TO was great but not if we can't get him the ball. Could you imagine the rants on the sidelines if our offense sputters like years past?

You want to replace a LT with a TE?

Good post. I think if we get a second 1st rounder it is definitely possible but I'm not sure if we are in a postion to wait until the second for a DE.

Who are the other TE's that can block and have been productive in the passing game in this year's draft?

I was suggesting a trade for Green Bay's DL Aaron Kampman to fulfill that need. In the 2nd rd OG Duke Robinson could help solidify our OL.

That's a good question. By what I can tell is North Carolina's TE Richard Quinn is the next best blocker. He's projected to go in the mid to late rds.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2009/profiles/ric...ft_RichardQuinn

I think Pettigrew becomes more likely because we would have an extra late first round pick, but that's the only reason. There is no way that the Bills would try to mask not having a Left Tackle by putting a Tight End there. That is just plain ridiculous

then eventually we could convert Pettigrew to Left Tackle....lol

Peters worth (to me) is two #1's....otherwise he signs a reasonable new deal or he sits home.

Hey, here is Todd McShays latest Mock Draft (after Cutler deal).....Sanchez is still there at #11.....let the wheeling and dealing begin.....

1. Detroit Lions (Record: 0-16): Matthew Stafford, QB, Georgia

2. St. Louis Rams (2-14): Jason Smith, OT, Baylor

3. Kansas City Chiefs (2-14): Aaron Curry, LB, Wake Forest

4. Seattle Seahawks (4-12): Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia

5. Cleveland Browns (4-12): Brian Orakpo, DE/OLB, Texas

6. Cincinnati Bengals (4-11-1): Andre Smith, OT, Alabama

7. Oakland Raiders (5-11): Jeremy Maclin, WR, Missouri

8. Jacksonville Jaguars (5-11): Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech

9. Green Bay Packers (6-10): B.J. Raji, DT, Boston College

10. San Francisco 49ers (7-9): Aaron Maybin, DE, Penn State

11. Buffalo Bills (7-9): Everette Brown, DE, Florida State

12. Denver Broncos (8-8): Mark Sanchez, QB, USC

13. Washington Redskins (8-8): Robert Ayers, DE, Tennessee

14. New Orleans Saints (8-8): Chris "Beanie" Wells, RB, Ohio State

15. Houston Texans (8-8): Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State

16. San Diego Chargers (8-8): Michael Oher, OT, Mississippi

If Maybin and Raji go with the two picks right before us, I'd be pissed

I like your thinking on this one bro'. I think we take Oher at #11 and Pettigrew at #20 or #21, depending on whether it's Detroit or Philly who takes the bait. Those 2 teams seem like the most logical to me. The only thing I don't really go for is Duke Robinson. I'd rather take Mack, Wood, or Luigs to play OG on our line in the 2nd Round, in that order of availability. After that, I agree it's defense all the way.

the bills do not need jason "i'm all about me" peters to screw around again. All of the dedicated players report to the team instead of eating cans of crisco all summer, when he should be training. trade his azz and get some picks to bring in some guys that want to play football.

That's exactly what I was talking about.

I think Pettigrew becomes more likely because we would have an extra late first round pick, but that's the only reason. There is no way that the Bills would try to mask not having a Left Tackle by putting a Tight End there. That is just plain ridiculous

Did you overlook that I said to take OT Michael Oher with our first pick at #11?

I like your thinking on this one bro'. I think we take Oher at #11 and Pettigrew at #20 or #21, depending on whether it's Detroit or Philly who takes the bait. Those 2 teams seem like the most logical to me. The only thing I don't really go for is Duke Robinson. I'd rather take Mack, Wood, or Luigs to play OG on our line in the 2nd Round, in that order of availability. After that, I agree it's defense all the way.

Well, regardless of who we get in the 2nd rd the point is that we would be able to compensate the loss of Peters with a lot of good young OL prospects.

I think we take Oher at #11 and Pettigrew at #20 or #21, depending on whether it's Detroit or Philly who takes the bait. Those 2 teams seem like the most logical to me. The only thing I don't really go for is Duke Robinson. I'd rather take Mack, Wood, or Luigs to play OG on our line in the 2nd Round, in that order of availability. After that, I agree it's defense all the way.

That's close to what my thinking was except with the first two 1st round picks the Bills still go DE or LB to shore up pass rush help and Pettigrew because he can also block and would more-or-less be a complete TE that we need.

2nd Round: O-line, here's where you get your guard or future center.

Two 3rd round picks: LB, DT or safety first and another OL in my opinion. If they pick a center in RD-2 they need a guard here, or vice-versa.