do we take Raji at 11?

Raji may fall to us now, and I would take him or trade down if that is an option.

Please provide a link saying it was weed...the report says banned substance...he got caught using weed in 2008, so eveyone assumes its weed again, but could be something like steroids...

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smoking weed is a habit of losers. If we want a loser on our team we should take him. Otherwise, we pass.

I remember a guy named Warren Sapp that tested positive for pot before he fell out of the top 5 and got drafted 12th(?) by the bucs. He had a decent career...

Smoking weed is a habit of losers. If we want a loser on our team we should take him. Otherwise, we pass.

De-motivating drug my ass... I know many people who smoke and have no problem getting anything and everything done.

demotivation is another problem, its not caused by weed, it is caused by people who aren't motivated. It just happens that some of these unmotivated people happen to smoke weed, but I know without a doubt I can finsd more unmotivated people who never even touch the stuff...

typical uninformed opinionated numb nut. You probably believe the BS that its a gateway drug too...

I remember a guy named Warren Sapp that tested positive for pot before he fell out of the top 5 and got drafted 12th(?) by the bucs. He had a decent career...

The comparisons betwen Sapp and Raji stop at the weed. Sapp was a great college player. He was AA/All Big East multiple times and won every college award a DL can get including Big East D player of the year. Raji put together a nice senior year but he wasn't even the best player on his defense. He is not Sapp, they are two completely different players.

I disagree. I think if this guy is there, another solid DT lined next to Marcus Stroud would be excellent.

That would be great if pot weren't such a de-motivating drug. He would not be able to commit to the NFL level of football if he is committed to pot. It is fine in college where he can cruise but as soon as the going gets tough, the loser mentality will kick in and he will be useless. If he can't resist pot long enough to test negative at the combine he with definitely smoke while playing. It will kill his short term memory and he will be useless trying to know the plays. I'd rather have him be useless for another team.

I rather have you be useless for another board.

That would be great if pot weren't such a de-motivating drug. He would not be able to commit to the NFL level of football if he is committed to pot. It is fine in college where he can cruise but as soon as the going gets tough, the loser mentality will kick in and he will be useless. If he can't resist pot long enough to test negative at the combine he with definitely smoke while playing. It will kill his short term memory and he will be useless trying to know the plays. I'd rather have him be useless for another team.

Completely wrong. The majority of NFL players smoke weed. I have posted a bunch of times on here about me seeign Bills players cruising Fishers campus with dubbs blazin'. These guys dont let it affect their play, they have been great since HS and have smoke since HS too.

I like the usage of the phrase "used weed".

Its like when your high school health teacher would say stuff during drug education like, "it can be rolled into marijuana cigarettes or packed into brongs". Just absurd stuff. Heroin is a drug you use. Cocaine is a drug you use/do.

Weed.....you smoke that sh-- !

Oh sure... he is interviewing at the combine for a multi million dollar job and the higher he is drafted the more money he makes.

So he tests positive for a banned substance at his job interview and you guys still want to draft him with one strike against him :devil:

Oh sure... he is interviewing at the combine for a multi million dollar job and the higher he is drafted the more money he makes.

So he tests positive for a banned substance at his job interview and you guys still want to draft him with one strike against him :devil:

Well, since he's not in the NFL, I don't think this counts as a violation (as far as I know), so I don't think he'll have any (official) strikes against him.

And, like most, I agree that smoking weed is a giant "Who cares?" But, that he picked this time to get caught, it does raise a red flag as to how bright, and committed he is, to becoming a top notch pro.

I think it's a small flag, but one that needs to be checked out. If everything else checks out fine, you grab him...nobody is perfect. But, a close examination might raise other question marks, too.

I was always under the impression that short term memory was a very, very bad thing for defensive players.

Guest dog14787
Well, since he's not in the NFL, I don't think this counts as a violation (as far as I know), so I don't think he'll have any (official) strikes against him.

And, like most, I agree that smoking weed is a giant "Who cares?" But, that he picked this time to get caught, it does raise a red flag as to how bright, and committed he is, to becoming a top notch pro.

I think it's a small flag, but one that needs to be checked out. If everything else checks out fine, you grab him...nobody is perfect. But, a close examination might raise other question marks, too.

So we watch another(otherwise) good upstanding citizens singled out and put under the microscope for smoking weed.

Meanwhile tobacco products and drunk drivers are killing folks by the millions and the Government knows it.

and the Drums keep pounding a rhythm to the brain, la de da de de, la de da de da :devil:

So we watch another(otherwise) good upstanding citizens singled out and put under the microscope for smoking weed.

Meanwhile tobacco products and drunk drivers are killing folks by the millions and the Government knows it.

and the Drums keep pounding a rhythm to the brain, la de da de de, la de da de da :devil:

Not to get off topic but I will for a second. I have been a hippie and avid drug user throughout my college career who graduated, got my MBA and no longer "smoke weed". I smoke cigarettes which do a lot more damage and drink regular which does a lot more damage and I can at least get and keep a job. I would be better off helath wise and sanity wise if I could smoke a joint once a week instead of going out for happy hour four nights a week with the friends from work but I can't. It is quite ridiculous for many reasons. If you get a chance, read "Can't Find My Way Home". Its a good, fairly balanced story on the history of drugs including the political side.

Guest dog14787
Not to get off topic but I will for a second. I have been a hippie and avid drug user throughout my college career who graduated, got my MBA and no longer "smoke weed". I smoke cigarettes which do a lot more damage and drink regular which does a lot more damage and I can at least get and keep a job. I would be better off helath wise and sanity wise if I could smoke a joint once a week instead of going out for happy hour four nights a week with the friends from work but I can't. It is quite ridiculous for many reasons. If you get a chance, read "Can't Find My Way Home". Its a good, fairly balanced story on the history of drugs including the political side.

I appreciate your honesty, if only the rest of the Country would stand up and be that honest. :devil: