do we take Raji at 11?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a side note, whenever the issue of pot comes up, I think of what happened to Ricky Williams. Wanstedt ran him right into the ground. Being an ex RB, I knew what it was like to play the position in high school. I can only imagine the pounding Ricky got each game in the NFL. Based on this, I always felt sorry for Ricky (seems like a good guy) and understood why he might have needed to lighten the pain.

your high school football days really make you an expert on this topic

Guest dog14787
This is the number one reason why legalization is only a matter of time. It would be a nice money maker. On a side note I find the whole pot crusade, bizarre. It's pointless and stupid that it is still illegal. At the same time I find it just as wierd that so many middle aged men get so passionate about weed. I haven't smoked since my early twenties and really don't have the urge too. I want too see the damn thing legalized because I'm sick of hearing the potheads whine. Of all the things you could be doing, you choose smoking weed? I guess, I just don't get the attraction. I got over the giggles and high, a long time ago. So legalize it, tax it, and smoke it in public for all I care.

Yes it would be a nice money maker and it would also keep our younger generation from going to thugs and drug pushers who normally have harder drugs to sell you and would be even happier if you chose them instead.

Its been like a $35 traffic ticket for small amounts in California forever, and California has not fallen into the Ocean yet, in fact California's biggest cash crop is probably Pot but the proceeds all go underground so it is of no benefit to the state. Even Cops and other forms of law enforcement including the DEA are speaking out on why Pot should be legalized, mainly so they can focus their efforts more on the bigger problems like morphine, Heroin and Crack just to name a few, along with the Rapists, child molesters, murders and thieves and the rest of the real bad guys.

There is not a doubt in my mind that the taxation of pot could remedy our Countries financial problems and there's also not a doubt in my mind everything the government is doing to stop pot sales is pushing money and our younger generation in the wrong direction, right into the hard drug pushers hands we seek to protect them from.

This BS has got to come to a end :devil:

This isn't a pot issue it's a character issue. If the guy can't do the right things heading up to the most important time in his life it speaks to his character.

Teams now have to spend some extra time on him, period.

Exactly

It does raise a red flag. You always have to question people when they make decisions that are this stupid. Same argument can be made for Andre Smith.

Now should a team solely base their decision on this incident? In my view no.

Now as the poster had mentioned, teams will have to take some extra time evaluating him, looking back into his career, checking out references, pyschiatric evaluations etc. Which in my view all teams should do with their 1st picks.

Talent wise, he's a monster, and should be a top 8 pick.

Yes it would be a nice money maker and it would also keep our younger generation from going to thugs and drug pushers who normally have harder drugs to sell you and would be even happier if you chose them instead.

Its been like a $35 traffic ticket for small amounts in California forever, and California has not fallen into the Ocean yet, in fact California's biggest cash crop is probably Pot but the proceeds all go underground so it is of no benefit to the state. Even Cops and other forms of law enforcement including the DEA are speaking out on why Pot should be legalized, mainly so they can focus their efforts more on the bigger problems like morphine, Heroin and Crack just to name a few, along with the Rapists, child molesters, murders and thieves and the rest of the real bad guys.

There is not a doubt in my mind that the taxation of pot could remedy our Countries financial problems and there's also not a doubt in my mind everything the government is doing to stop pot sales is pushing money and our younger generation in the wrong direction, right into the hard drug pushers hands we seek to protect them from.

This BS has got to come to a end :devil:

Dude have you not noticed as generations go by, Californians get progressively stupider? Why do you think the entire state is drowning in red ink? Nobody produces any more and they are ill equipped to start. Between the surfer dudes, the pot heads and the even worse pot head surfer dudes, the place is devoid of a brain powered workforce. Three more generations like this and we're talking Canada south.

Guest dog14787
Exactly

It does raise a red flag. You always have to question people when they make decisions that are this stupid. Same argument can be made for Andre Smith.

Now should a team solely base their decision on this incident? In my view no.

Now as the poster had mentioned, teams will have to take some extra time evaluating him, looking back into his career, checking out references, pyschiatric evaluations etc. Which in my view all teams should do with their 1st picks.

Talent wise, he's a monster, and should be a top 8 pick.

This is what I'm talking about, character issues, pyschiatric problems, an immediate and highly tainted evaluation of the man because this fella choices pot over drinking, which is probably the safer of the two drugs.

Its BS :devil:

Guest dog14787
Dude have you not noticed as generations go by, Californians get progressively stupider? Why do you think the entire state is drowning in red ink? Nobody produces any more and they are ill equipped to start. Between the surfer dudes, the pot heads and the even worse pot head surfer dudes, the place is devoid of a brain powered workforce. Three more generations like this and we're talking Canada south.

Go eat some more crayons :devil:

Says the crayon eater from Indiana :devil:

This is what I'm talking about, character issues, pyschiatric problems, an immediate and highly tainted evaluation of the man because this fella choices pot over drinking, which is probably the safer of the two drugs.

Its BS :devil:

first off, settle down, maybe you should take a puff

Secondly, you must of not read into what I was saying. I did not say that Pot smoking is an area of major concern. What I implied was his decision to smoke weed before he got tested was stupid. I also mentioned Andre Smith, who btw did not smoke pot, his issue was his decision making.

The reason why he needs to be evaluated further is more an issue of character not that he has smoked weed.

ok?

Guest dog14787
first off, settle down, maybe you should take a puff

Secondly, you must of not read into what I was saying. I did not say that Pot smoking is an area of major concern. What I implied was his decision to smoke weed before he got tested was stupid. I also mentioned Andre Smith, who btw did not smoke pot, his issue was his decision making.

The reason why he needs to be evaluated further is more an issue of character not that he has smoked weed.

ok?

I understand what you are saying, but I'm not asking you to stop drinking am I?

The post was more directed at everyone reading this thread.

Let me ask the people who are posting that they still want the Bills to select the guy at #11 a question.

IF you had a job interview coming up on a particular date (2-3 months) and you knew it would be worth millions of dollars to you IF you are free of drugs when they test you. You basically have been working 4 to 8 years to get to this point and it is a dream job to almost everyone in the world, to get paid millions of dollars a year to PLAY A GAME!!!

So... do you stay clean for a few months and realize your goal, or do you simply not care that what you have worked so hard to achieve could fall apart? He will still make millions a year from being drafted later,but the farther he falls in the draft the more money he loses,particularly in the guaranteed amount.

If he doesn't have the willpower to stop doing drugs when he knows he will be tested,what makes you think he will stop while playing in the NFL, where it will certainly be much more painful each week.

If it is steroids and he simply pumped up to get a better result at the combine,do you want a steroid baby like Tony Mandarich?

Looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane...don't say he looked great in college or senior bowl,he was playing against college pukes

Guest dog14787
Let me ask the people who are posting that they still want the Bills to select the guy at #11 a question.

IF you had a job interview coming up on a particular date (2-3 months) and you knew it would be worth millions of dollars to you IF you are free of drugs when they test you. You basically have been working 4 to 8 years to get to this point and it is a dream job to almost everyone in the world, to get paid millions of dollars a year to PLAY A GAME!!!

So... do you stay clean for a few months and realize your goal, or do you simply not care that what you have worked so hard to achieve could fall apart? He will still make millions a year from being drafted later,but the farther he falls in the draft the more money he loses,particularly in the guaranteed amount.

If he doesn't have the willpower to stop doing drugs when he knows he will be tested,what makes you think he will stop while playing in the NFL, where it will certainly be much more painful each week.

If it is steroids and he simply pumped up to get a better result at the combine,do you want a steroid baby like Tony Mandarich?

Looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane...don't say he looked great in college or senior bowl,he was playing against college pukes

OK then, stop drinking if its your drug of choice, to bad if it gives your mind a break or helps you relax and keep things in perspective.

Stop drinking because Society says for you to advance in life its a requirement.

How about stop drinking because your drunk, dumb ass, just killed someone on the highway :devil: (not aimed at you silly rabbit)

OK then, stop drinking if its your drug of choice, to bad if it gives your mind a break or helps you relax and keep things in perspective.

Stop drinking because Society says for you to advance in life its a requirement.

How about stop drinking because your drunk, dumb ass, just killed someone on the highway :devil: (not aimed at you silly rabbit)

you're not getting it.

This isn't a debate of whether or not Weed should be legal or that drinking is worse. It's regarding his lack of judgement in smoking before the combine.

Whether you like it or not, if you get caught with weed in your system you will get suspended. If you have alcohol in your system you don't. Thats the way it is, like it or not.

So let me spell it out to you again.

It's regarding his JUDGEMENT

do you understand?

Now, I agree with your position on Pot, just about 100%.

But, I think you have confused what some are saying. Regarding the bolded selection, above, I think he should get this scrutiny because "he got caught".

Seriously, whether or not we agree with this, this is a big test, and it's a very easy test to pass. And, he made the decision to blow off the test (that is, he chose to fail it). Essentially, he ASKED for the scrutiny, since everyone know how to pass the test, and he chose to fail it.

Guest dog14787
Now, I agree with your position on Pot, just about 100%.

But, I think you have confused what some are saying. Regarding the bolded selection, above, I think he should get this scrutiny because "he got caught".

Seriously, whether or not we agree with this, this is a big test, and it's a very easy test to pass. And, he made the decision to blow off the test (that is, he chose to fail it). Essentially, he ASKED for the scrutiny, since everyone know how to pass the test, and he chose to fail it.

Trust me, I fully understand what you guys are saying Dean.

We are asking this young man to make a sacrifice to Society in order to achieve his goals in life. To fully understand what that sacrifice is drinkers would have to make the same sacrifice. Especially when the drug of choice in Raji's personal opinion is probably safer and better for him and everyone else concerned, including society.

No, and he shouldn't have got caught :devil:

Trust me, I fully understand what you guys are saying Dean.

We are asking this young man to make a sacrifice to Society in order to achieve his goals in life. To fully understand what that sacrifice is drinkers would have to make the same sacrifice. Especially when the drug of choice in Raji's personal opinion is probably safer and better for him and everyone else concerned, including society.

No, and he shouldn't have got caught :devil:

I should have noted that, as far as I know, this is all still a rumor...right?

So, I want to add the disclaimer to my posts, "if this is true".

I appreciate your honesty, if only the rest of the Country would stand up and be that honest. :thumbsup:

The rest of the Country can't, you have to remember, no pun intendended, that it is looked at currently,

from a punishment standpoint, the same as heroin. The stigma is wearing some, but we just aren't

there yet. People are still being prosecuted and harrassed, the Obama Admin seems to be lightining up

a bit, I didn't say lighting up a bit. As far as I know, they still routinely test you for it at most companies as

part of a pre-employment condition, and they still look at you as if you are a criminal, if you are caught

using. For christ's sake, they almost prosecuted Phelps from just a picture of him smoking a bong.WTF

BTW, we need a bong smoking icon added to TBD, I mean geez, we have a beer swilling icon, what gives?

Guest dog14787
The rest of the Country can't, you have to remember, no pun intendended, that it is looked at currently,

from a punishment standpoint, the same as heroin. The stigma is wearing some, but we just aren't

there yet. People are still being prosecuted and harrassed, the Obama Admin seems to be lightining up

a bit, I didn't say lighting up a bit. As far as I know, they still routinely test you for it at most companies as

part of a pre-employment condition, and they still look at you as if you are a criminal, if you are caught

using. For christ's sake, they almost prosecuted Phelps from just a picture of him smoking a bong.WTF

BTW, we need a bong smoking icon added to TBD, I mean geez, we have a beer swilling icon, what gives?

Seriously, I'm very, very proud of our President and the first lady and I would never want the Worlds opinion of him tainted now or centuries from now when we read about President Obama in our History Books.

We already have tobacco products and alcohol killing folks, there's no way another drug gets introduced into Society, not by our President anyway.

The way I see it though you could sell a pack of joints ( 20 ) for $10.00, 1/3 goes to the grower, 1/3 goes to cancer research, 1/3 gets applied to our national deficit. ZERO goes to Thugs and drug pushers.

If 20% of the nation smokes pot and buys 10 packs a month, 120 packs a year,( $1,200.00 per smoker) x 60,000,000 (approximate)=$72,000,000,000.00 a year to be divided three ways, all three of which helps our economy and the over all health of the nation not to mention the protection it provides to our younger generation.

Even makes it a little more affordable to the weed smokers :thumbsup:

Are you kidding? Drinking beer is just as bad. Weed is going to become a taxable item here in the near future. This is a gift for the Bills, take it.

Well said

I would take him if he was there at 11

If you go to any college campus in this country you will find somebody that has tried some weed

all part of experimentation in the college dorm life

Heck if you busted everybody who smoked some weed in the NFL these days there would be some big names on the list

I say take him and make him understand he is on a watch list and 1 more mess up he will be out.

Look at what happened to Marshawn...the cops were not really to concerned about the weed in the car.....just the gun