Russ: Bills / Peters remain far apart

SKOOBY

Russ was questioned at the CA GM meeting about Peters and basically said they are still real far apart. Peters wants $11 M + season / wants to be the highest paid guy. I know this isn't breaking news but it seems that there is has been no movement. I now think that Peters real value lies in getting Philly or a other team to give up a stupid amount of draft picks. Peters did nothing to impress last season and his stats were less than flattering.

$11 M for a inconsistent run blocking retard that will never be happy with his contract seems like a cruel joke. I hope Peters new team finds him interesting enough to give up alot of premium draft picks, he will be useless to us at this pace.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good post. If you want a winning team, the very last position you should worry about filling is the left tackle slot. It is better to man that position with fat slobs or journeyman, and keep the owner from having to pay probowl players the going wage.

It's also better to fill the slot with people who don't take plays off and allow their QB to get killed. Bad attitude about showing up for work and always asking for more will not help this team. If someone can post the link from today's buffalo news online, I'd appreciate it. (That's why I posted this thread)

Good post. If you want a winning team, the very last position you should worry about filling is the left tackle slot. It is better to man that position with fat slobs or journeyman, and keep the owner from having to pay probowl players the going wage.

C'mon Bill...12 million is not the going rate. Maybe for a guy drafted this year at number one, but not for a vet and that is not the Bills' fault.

C'mon Bill...12 million is not the going rate. Maybe for a guy drafted this year at number one, but not for a vet and that is not the Bills' fault.

Statistically one of the worst performances at LT last year and we should triple his salary?? I think that Peters did not play anywhere near a probowl level last year and knows it, that's why he is so desperate for a pay raise now before the negative pattern forms.

Uh oh, "We spoke to Jason at the conclusion of the season. He knows how much he means to us."

Great. Now Peters has an even bigger head and thinks he's worth as much money as he's asking.

T.O got the same speech from Jones at the end of last year, he's a Bill now. I wouldn't look too far into it.

So give him 10 with a bonus.

The problem with these negotiations is that he's basing them off of two unrealistic candidates to bring to the Bills - Long (1st overall pick) and Gross (Who had the Panthers by the cajones with the Peppers craziness).

WITH bonus, I'd say get him to 10, but not ten and a bonus...

The problem with these negotiations is that he's basing them off of two unrealistic candidates to bring to the Bills - Long (1st overall pick) and Gross (Who had the Panthers by the cajones with the Peppers craziness).

WITH bonus, I'd say get him to 10, but not ten and a bonus...

His brains and motivation are a question, but he is a better player than Gross imo.

Look, let's face reality. We'd all sleep better if the deal were done now, but it's a process - one that takes time. In all reality, they have several milestone dates to shoot for - all in the future. Depending on how the GM is thinking - does he want a solid LT or will any journeyman do? That will decide his tack. He has until the draft - a month away. Or he may feel he has until mini-camp - a little more than a month away or he may have until Training camp in July. That's the bottom line - July. Because I am sure they want to avoid another holdout.

Many are saying trade him and draft a LT to replace him - if that we so do-able, their trading partner would just draft their LT in that draft slot. No - better to sign him and forget about that position for the next 6-7 years!

Look, let's face reality. We'd all sleep better if the deal were done now, but it's a process - one that takes time. In all reality, they have several milestone dates to shoot for - all in the future. Depending on how the GM is thinking - does he want a solid LT or will any journeyman do? That will decide his tack. He has until the draft - a month away. Or he may feel he has until mini-camp - a little more than a month away or he may have until Training camp in July. That's the bottom line - July. Because I am sure they want to avoid another holdout.

Many are saying trade him and draft a LT to replace him - if that we so do-able, their trading partner would just draft their LT in that draft slot. No - better to sign him and forget about that position for the next 6-7 years!

I'm sure the Bills would love to sign him and are trying to do that, but they can't afford the price tag that Peters wants. Peters wants to be paid at least $12 million a year, maybe more, sorry but he's not gonna get that here in Buffalo.

His brains and motivation are a question, but he is a better player than Gross imo.

I completely agree with you as far as compared to Gross. And the motivation. That's one thing, regardless of position that scares the crap out of me - paying a big guy that doesn't have the want to - especially as hungry as Jason was when he was the PS player turned special teamer turned RT. I think if he and his reps can come down a little on their price, the Bills will keep him. But if he keeps up with his price, they'll probably move him to the Eagles, who'll probably pay him in the 9.5 mil range or so and be done with it. I'd hope we'd get a first rounder (probably their later pick) but a first rounder and a low pick or a first rounder and a player (don't care what, something to offset draft re-prioritization).

But as the recent drafts has shown, guys are coming into the league ready to play. If we got an Oher or A. Smith and with the second pick got a Johnson or Pettigrew, they made the best of a bad situation.

I completely agree with you as far as compared to Gross. And the motivation. That's one thing, regardless of position that scares the crap out of me - paying a big guy that doesn't have the want to - especially as hungry as Jason was when he was the PS player turned special teamer turned RT. I think if he and his reps can come down a little on their price, the Bills will keep him. But if he keeps up with his price, they'll probably move him to the Eagles, who'll probably pay him in the 9.5 mil range or so and be done with it. I'd hope we'd get a first rounder (probably their later pick) but a first rounder and a low pick or a first rounder and a player (don't care what, something to offset draft re-prioritization).

But as the recent drafts has shown, guys are coming into the league ready to play. If we got an Oher or A. Smith and with the second pick got a Johnson or Pettigrew, they made the best of a bad situation.

Right now we have a greedy unmotivated player that wants way too much money. This pattern is never going to stop with him and regardless of what we pay him today, 2 years from now we are right back to the same spot. He'll be complaining and looking at the highest paid player at that time and asking for more.

Cut bait and get a motivated, driven player.

Russ was questioned at the CA GM meeting about Peters and basically said they are still real far apart. Peters wants $11 M + season / wants to be the highest paid guy. I know this isn't breaking news but it seems that there is has been no movement. I now think that Peters real value lies in getting Philly or a other team to give up a stupid amount of draft picks. Peters did nothing to impress last season and his stats were less than flattering.

$11 M for a inconsistent run blocking retard that will never be happy with his contract seems like a cruel joke. I hope Peters new team finds him interesting enough to give up alot of premium draft picks, he will be useless to us at this pace.

1.) Hmm. Really?

2.) I really thought a deal would get done. As time goes by, I'm thinking we'll see a trade. This is ridiculous.