Russ: Bills / Peters remain far apart

SKOOBY

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good post. If you want a winning team, the very last position you should worry about filling is the left tackle slot. It is better to man that position with fat slobs or journeyman, and keep the owner from having to pay probowl players the going wage.

Did I miss something? Have the Bills won WITH Peters? Was he not brutal last year? Did he not give up more

sacks at LT than anyone else in the league? In only 13-14 games?

The Bills are not one or two players away, and Peters is worth more in trade to Buffalo at this point.

Get his fat, tired, lazy, unprepared @$$ out of Buffalo and make him someone elses problem.

It's funny...We can give Rob Johnson a $25 million dollar contract...

And give up a 1st round pick, even though we already had a better QB signed for the NFL minimum. God rest his soul, it took years to recover from the salary-cap hell John Butler got us in.

Looks like Brandon won't make the same mistake with Peters, only to watch him become complacent and his skills decline.

Unfortunately I am starting to agree. The last time we had someone who had to be paid the most at his position was Nate Clemens and we know how that worked out. On one hand I thought with the Toronto money Ralph and Littman would step up and pay the going rate for a good player. But if we can't afford Peters, I guess we go shopping for the best deal we can find. I think he warrants more than one draft pick. If we could score a first and a third, maybe we do it. One step forward, two steps back ...........welcome to Buffalo.

Peronally, I think McLovin wil llikley be a better CB than Nate . . .but when do we stop this madness of releasing talented players and then using the draft to fill those holes. this is why we don't have any D- or O- line depth. Just sign him and you don't have to worry about LT for 5-6 years.

Bills have to make a decision whether they'll endure another Parker/Peters holdout, or cut bait before the draft and get some value for PayMe.

If they're willing to play the waiting game, they should impose a start-of-training-camp deadline to get a deal signed, and make it clear to Parker/Peters that they will not negotiate while he holds out, that fines will be strictly enforced, and that if he does hold out he will be playing this season under his current deal when he finally does report.

Peters is still under contract for 2 years, and coming off a sub-par season and another injury - he's got absolutely no leverage in these negotiations.

I am starting to kind of think along these lines. I would not trade him unless Philly gave us both of the #1 draft picks. I would tell Peters/Parker that the deal on the table is 6yrs/56 mill with a $15 mill signing bonuse & 22-24 mill guaranteed & he has until training camp starts to sign it. After that, there will be no more negotiations & he will have to play his last 2 years of his contract. Keep in mind that there is probably going to be a lockout in 2011. If he wants to risk 3 years of his playing career to finally get his big payday, then he is dumber then I thought.

:lol: Peters holds this offensive line together. We need him out there. He's one of the league's best left tackles and he's about to hit his prime, keep him here, no matter what the cost.

:D

Mrs. Peters?

Russ was questioned at the CA GM meeting about Peters and basically said they are still real far apart. Peters wants $11 M + season / wants to be the highest paid guy. I know this isn't breaking news but it seems that there is has been no movement. I now think that Peters real value lies in getting Philly or a other team to give up a stupid amount of draft picks. Peters did nothing to impress last season and his stats were less than flattering.

$11 M for a inconsistent run blocking retard that will never be happy with his contract seems like a cruel joke. I hope Peters new team finds him interesting enough to give up alot of premium draft picks, he will be useless to us at this pace.

Wasn't Peters pulled from at least 1 game last year?

Wasn't Peters pulled from at least 1 game last year?

He should of been pulled from more games than that, he was atrocious on occasion. Dominant LG's deserve all the money but Jason is not one.

Not bad Gordio. I guess the other side of it might be we have little chance of a winning season with Jauron as coach so why not trade Peters and load up picks on the offensive/defensive lines so the next coach has some quality young players to work with.

I am starting to kind of think along these lines. I would not trade him unless Philly gave us both of the #1 draft picks. I would tell Peters/Parker that the deal on the table is 6yrs/56 mill with a $15 mill signing bonuse & 22-24 mill guaranteed & he has until training camp starts to sign it. After that, there will be no more negotiations & he will have to play his last 2 years of his contract. Keep in mind that there is probably going to be a lockout in 2011. If he wants to risk 3 years of his playing career to finally get his big payday, then he is dumber then I thought.

Did I miss something? Have the Bills won WITH Peters? Was he not brutal last year? Did he not give up more

sacks at LT than anyone else in the league? In only 13-14 games?

The Bills are not one or two players away, and Peters is worth more in trade to Buffalo at this point.

Get his fat, tired, lazy, unprepared @$$ out of Buffalo and make him someone elses problem.

Same as we've won with Aaron Schobel, Lee Evans and the rest....want to point the finger at them too?

It just cracks me up that Peters was worth, what, $7M last year? And now, because of one Jake Long contract - the #1 OVERALL PICK mind you - he's now worth $11M to guys like Bill from NYC? Give me a break. If he was a force at LT then this would be a discussion. He wasn't. He skipped everything he could until the regular season, performed atrociously, and has the audacity to demand to be the highest paid tackle in the league. !@#$ him. He is not "elite" by any means. Get him out and bring in someone who wants to play and doesn't have his head in the clouds. Belichick wouldn't put up with this crap.

:rolleyes: Peters holds this offensive line together. We need him out there. He's one of the league's best left tackles and he's about to hit his prime, keep him here, no matter what the cost.

Unless you're being sarcastic, you should never speak again.

It just cracks me up that Peters was worth, what, $7M last year? And now, because of one Jake Long contract - the #1 OVERALL PICK mind you - he's now worth $11M to guys like Bill from NYC? Give me a break. If he was a force at LT then this would be a discussion. He wasn't. He skipped everything he could until the regular season, performed atrociously, and has the audacity to demand to be the highest paid tackle in the league. !@#$ him. He is not "elite" by any means. Get him out and bring in someone who wants to play and doesn't have his head in the clouds. Belichick wouldn't put up with this crap.

If you were in his position, where would you START the negotiating?

Like how Parker used Russ "Hard Ball" Brandon to set the market value on Laveranues Coles? It may have turned out OK, marketing-wise it worked out great, as the Bills bounced back with Owens... but Owens is a 1 year mercenary and a massive headache. Team building, fug it.

Peters needs to take $8.5 a year with incentives that can take him to $10M, like if we make the playoffs and he is involved in more than half the games.

Assuming you mean Peters', I probably wouldn't have started that high, although I understand the strategy. As long as he doesn't really expect that much. If he does (or anything near it), good riddance...

Peters needs to take $8.5 a year with incentives that can take him to $10M, like if we make the playoffs and he is involved in more than half the games.

Personally, I think that's overpaying him. Ignore the Jake Long contract. Look at every other LT out there. Is Peters better than all of them? Certainly not. Give him something in the range of those ($6M/year with $15M guaranteed) and I'll be happy.

Like how Parker used Russ "Hard Ball" Brandon to set the market value on Laveranues Coles? It may have turned out OK, marketing-wise it worked out great, as the Bills bounced back with Owens... but Owens is a 1 year mercenary and a massive headache. Team building, fug it.

I think Owens was the perfect bridge to Hardy who is supposed to be good. People seem to be giving up on him, but he's 6'6" 220 lbs., runs a 4.49 and has great hands. My hope is that he can learn something this year and be ready to contribute significantly in 2010. From what I've seen Steve Johnson could be the real deal as well. But neither one was ready for the #2 role this season.