Fox Calls Ohio for Bush

Too early.  There's still a good half-million votes to be counted, many from strongly Democratic regions.

98437[/snapback]

But the Bush lead is still 140,000 votes. If there are 500,000 votes still out, Kerry would have to get 64% of those remaining to pull even. While its certainly possible that those areas could break by enough of a margin for him to win the state, its looking increasingly unlikely.

But the Bush lead is still 140,000 votes.  If there are 500,000 votes still out,  Kerry would have to get 72% of those remaining to pull even.  While its certainly possible that those areas could break by enough of a margin for him to win the state,  its looking increasingly unlikely.

98446[/snapback]

Kerry could make that up in Cuyahoga alone

98448[/snapback]

According to MSNBC, 88% of the vote is in from that county. Kerry is winning it overwhelmingly, but there may not be enough votes left for him to make up the difference, especially when there are Republican counties still outstanding as well.

But the Bush lead is still 140,000 votes.  If there are 500,000 votes still out,  Kerry would have to get 64% of those remaining to pull even.  While its certainly possible that those areas could break by enough of a margin for him to win the state,  its looking increasingly unlikely.

98446[/snapback]

Well...actually, I misspoke. It's more like a million votes to be counted. (Again, VERY roughly speaking. It's a back-of-the-envelope estimate; I have no way of knowing the actual size of the precincts not yet reported.)

It's looking progressively dimmer for Kerry...but it's still not over.

<_<

98452[/snapback]

Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows,

Everything that's wonderful is what I feel when we're together,

Brighter than a lucky penny,

When you're near the rain cloud disappears, dear,

And I feel so fine just to know that you are mine.

My life is sunshine, lollipops and rainbows,

That's how this refrain goes, so come on, join in everybody!

According to MSNBC,  88% of the vote is in from that county.  Kerry is winning it overwhelmingly,  but there may not be enough votes left for him to make up the difference,  especially when there are Republican counties still outstanding as well.

98454[/snapback]

Probably about 90k votes left t be counted in Cuyahoga right now.

I'm just about ready to take the fence pole out of my butt on Ohio...

Great, weeks and weeks of litigation.

WHOO HOO!!!!

America, the only country in the world that can turn a simple process such as an election into a month long fiasco.

98477[/snapback]

I hope Castro offers to monitor the process for us again. That was the funniest thing four years ago...

Great, weeks and weeks of litigation.

WHOO HOO!!!!

America, the only country in the world that can turn a simple process such as an election into a month long fiasco.

98477[/snapback]

God I hope not. If Bush holds onto the 100k plus lead, it won't be close enough for a recount, so there shouldn't be any litigation...

So who knows. I just hope whoever loses won't file suit.

98448[/snapback]

Cuyahoga's 90% in, according to CNN. But Hamilton is only 50% reported, and Bush is up 52%-48% there.

NBC just called it.

God I hope not. If Bush holds onto the 100k plus lead, it won't be close enough for a recount, so there shouldn't be any litigation...

So who knows. I just hope whoever loses won't file suit.

98483[/snapback]

Kerry's campaign manager already came out and said if they lose they won't challenge in the courts.

Bush's came out and said "Of course we'll sue!"

And personally, I think Kerry's guy was lying anyways... <_<