The 2009 Buffalo Bills season expectation

Romeo

Dick Jauron has as much emotion as the General Sherman in California(just to let some of you know, it's a f**king tree). I hope he smokes some crack that Al Davis invented, maybe liven him up a bit and see how far we go. He's a great teacher, but he needs to learn how to lead his team, manage their workout programs and be tougher.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am being optimistic. I don't see that much to be negative about, I have my worries much like the rest of you. As for school yard comments it was lobbed towards the "Win one for Ralph...HA!" comment. Until that point we had a structured post, eitherway it's done. As I said before, the waves happen when the tide reaches shore. Right now all 32 teams are out to see.

ITS MARCH!!!! The F**king draft hasn't even happend yet, June 1st signings, Undrafted Rookies, so of course we will have holes, but the question is the expectation on what we will do with these various avenues of roster improvement.

Will we sign a guy like a Todd Heap, will we draft a TE. Who is going to be available, listen we signed T.O. Ralph wants to bring in as much talent as possible, he wants a "chance". So trust me, trust common sense and believe we will be vocal during this off-season. We already added, a future Hall of Famer who can still dominate, we added a OL with promise and depth at linebacker, the waves come as the tide nears the shore remember that. Right now we just like everyother team in the NFL are out at sea...so wait until we get to the shore to make the waves.

This was an outlook, not a pis**ng contest, once again READ then react.

The June 1st cuts are no longer relevant. With the cap being so high and most roster bonuses due in March, don't expect anyone of quality to be released.

Outside of T.O. ... I don't see where we have improved anywhere.

Florence < Greer

Pat Thomas has potential, but we don't know.

Hangartner should be better than Fowler, but we don't have a LG.

We still have no pass catching TE

We have a tougher schedule and Brady is coming back ... I'm assuming that we'll get some more free agents and some rookies who can contribute ... so 7-9 feels right to me.

Hold on a sec

just because we picked up Florence doesn't mean that he will replace Greer. Greer was a starting DB, the player that will replace Greer will be McKelvin. There is a strong possibility that McKelvin could be at least as good as Greer.

The starting Nickel back DB was McKelvin last year after youbouty was hurt. With Youbouty healthy and the signing of Florence, who btw was regarded as one of the better Nickelback DB's in the league the year before, there is a strong possibility with Florence and Youbouty battling it out this year that they will be better than last year's Nickelbacker.

So odds are that our DB's will be better this year than last year as long as we don't catch the injury bug this year.

As far as our DE's are concerned, Schobel coming back is an immediate upgrade in itself. Plus the prospects of who we draft, now of course that is a question mark, but it could help, but even if it doesn't we are upgraded from last year.

As far as the Linebackers are concerned, even if we don't draft or add a player through FA, we will be much improved considering Digiorgio, Buggs and Bowen will be back this year. So we won't be worse than last year, if anything better.

Tight End, well, I would have to believe that we didn't cut Royal without the anticipation of picking a TE through the draft, assuming we do, we could easily upgrade here as well.

Most importantly our QB, he is entering his second full season, and with the addition of T.O he should improve vastly from last year as most second year QB's do.

The only area's that concern me is our strength of schedule and our unsettled LT and LG positions. Now of course if Peters doesn't play for us this year, that will be a huge blow and that can undo a lot of the possible positives. As well with the LG position, I do believe we have some replacements all ready on the roster that wouldn't be too much of a dropoff from Dockery's play last year, but one would have to assume that we will either pick a guard up in either the draft or FA.

Hold on a sec

just because we picked up Florence doesn't mean that he will replace Greer. Greer was a starting DB, the player that will replace Greer will be McKelvin. There is a strong possibility that McKelvin could be at least as good as Greer.

The starting Nickel back DB was McKelvin last year after youbouty was hurt. With Youbouty healthy and the signing of Florence, who btw was regarded as one of the better Nickelback DB's in the league the year before, there is a strong possibility with Florence and Youbouty battling it out this year that they will be better than last year's Nickelbacker.

So odds are that our DB's will be better this year than last year as long as we don't catch the injury bug this year.

As far as our DE's are concerned, Schobel coming back is an immediate upgrade in itself. Plus the prospects of who we draft, now of course that is a question mark, but it could help, but even if it doesn't we are upgraded from last year.

As far as the Linebackers are concerned, even if we don't draft or add a player through FA, we will be much improved considering Digiorgio, Buggs and Bowen will be back this year. So we won't be worse than last year, if anything better.

Tight End, well, I would have to believe that we didn't cut Royal without the anticipation of picking a TE through the draft, assuming we do, we could easily upgrade here as well.

Most importantly our QB, he is entering his second full season, and with the addition of T.O he should improve vastly from last year as most second year QB's do.

The only area's that concern me is our strength of schedule and our unsettled LT and LG positions. Now of course if Peters doesn't play for us this year, that will be a huge blow and that can undo a lot of the possible positives. As well with the LG position, I do believe we have some replacements all ready on the roster that wouldn't be too much of a dropoff from Dockery's play last year, but one would have to assume that we will either pick a guard up in either the draft or FA.

I agree completely. Well done.

The easy, and probably most accurate factor, in determining how the Bills' do this year is Edwards. Not only his ability to stay healthy, but to grow a set and chuck it downfield more than once a game.

He's got talent, but I don't think he's been pushed by the zombie-esque coaching staff and mild-mannered teammates. Cue T.O.!

Dick Jauron has as much emotion as the General Sherman in California(just to let some of you know, it's a f**king tree). I hope he smokes some crack that Al Davis invented, maybe liven him up a bit and see how far we go. He's a great teacher, but he needs to learn how to lead his team, manage their workout programs and be tougher.

dude, chill out... i think you're the one that has his lips on the crack pipe.

you asked us to give you our expectations... sorry the HA hurt your feelings.

Hope, angst, frustration, despair, hope, anger, pride, indifference.

We're basically a .500 team but take away one for the Pats and we're 7-9. Again.

If we sign Cato June and a playmaker falls to 11 and we draft a starting LG in round 2 or 3 and Fine progresses and DJ's horrible in-game gaffes somehow don't affect us; then I agree 19-0.

we're playing a very tough NFC division this year and our own division is very tough. Did we win any divisional games last year? We padded our wins with some very weak NFC west opponents, this year that isn't going to happen.

Even with T.O. I doubt we will even muster the typical Jauron era 7-9. Our highly suspect in-game coaching and conservative playcalling will cost us a couple games again, the NFC division and our own will give us fits, I predict 5-11 maybe 6-10. I truly hope I am wrong but I feel like a sucker every year thinking it's going to be different. Not with this coach.

Factoring in how damn easy their schedule was last year and that they still ended up with a 7-9 record, then looking at the teams on their schedule this year, I unfortunately see a 5-11 record in 2009.

If they had a very good coach like Gruden or Shanahan, then I'd bet they'd get to at least a 9-7, maybe even 10-6. That's how much Jauron's coaching is sinking this team like it's tied to an anchor.

I think we have the pieces to be good on offense too. It just depends on Trent. Fans of every team except the Giants think they have a terrible OL. When the running game stunk early last year, Edwards was good. When we started to run the ball, Edwards stunk. I don't want to hear about the schedule because the Browns & 49ers sucked.

The defense is not going to be good, but it's not like we've lost a ton of 31-28 the last couple years. Most of our $ has been spent on offense and that is how we have to win. Either Trent gets it done this year or he doesn't. Nobody knows.

Currently, we have Trent Edwards, T.O., BeastMode Lynch, Lee Evans & Action Jackson. The question is, where do you see the Bills this year?

My PERSONAL belief is the Bills have all the pieces needed to be an Top 3 AFC team, they have an accurate quarterback, a solid running game, amazing receivers and an offensive line that is progressing. The defense, has some work to be done but that all can be fixed and or added through the draft. Also remember the June first cuts will allow us to add some veteran leadership. Derrick Brooks who has played in the "Tampa Two" his entire career would be a great veteran to have in the locker room.

I have often in verbal circles slammed Dick Jauron for being TOO soft in his practice habits with his teams, but I believe this year the pressure to quote un quote "Win one for Ralph" will bring about some much stricter programs than in previous years. As for T.O., he's always in perfect shape. He's never, NEVER attended an off-season physical conditioning program and he has always put up the numbers that make him one of the most feared receivers in the last 20 years.

I like what I see, the question is...what do you see?

Thanks.

Romeo

Season ends at 6-10.

How can the offensive line be progressing when 2/5 of the starters are gone and now most likely Peters is either going to hold out or be traded.

with all the potential on the bills roster, i think they could be a good as 11-5 but with the lack of quality depth at important positions, a difficult schedule, and potential injuries, they could be as bad as 4-12, so i think a realistic expectation would be good 'ol 7-9

:nana::lol: