sabres finally show some spirit

Steve O

It was a great game, and possibly the definition of too "little too late."

5 points out of 8th , we play montreal as well with a possibilty of getting 18 more points.

Yeah unless Miller comes back on fire, we're F-ed. Miller should be rested & Vanek is rested / was benched the whole 3rd for being a lazy bum.

come back from 3-1 deficit in third, team comes out brawling after Max gets suckered following empty net goal

Everyone rags on Afenagenov, and he usually can't hit the broad side of a barn, but that kid gives 100% every shift. All that work finally paid off for him, and then Horton throws a cheap shot at him.

Good game. Both backup goalies scare the crap out of me. Lalime tends to wander far away from the net and Tellqvist plays like he was made of rubber. He was giving up rebounds left and right - we need Miller back...bad.

I had to watch the Florida sports network feed.

1. The players looked like blobs with hockey sticks, horrible picture (and I have a dish)

2. Goldie Goldstien kept pronouncing Max's name as "Afinagoneov"

3. The FSN announcers are obvious and terrible homers

I was at the game last night and it reminded me of 2006 a little bit - the light just came on and off they went. Good to see Pommenville wake up - we'll need him big time. Roy and Hecht both looked awful last night. Some terrible play in their end - several extended periods where they couldn't clear the puck and some awful giveaways one of which led directly to a goal. Tellqvist gets out of position and does give up way too many rebounds but he shut the door when they needed it. Rivet abused Ballard there at the end. Good to see the power play perk up too.

I was at the game last night and it reminded me of 2006 a little bit - the light just came on and off they went. Good to see Pommenville wake up - we'll need him big time. Roy and Hecht both looked awful last night. Some terrible play in their end - several extended periods where they couldn't clear the puck and some awful giveaways one of which led directly to a goal. Tellqvist gets out of position and does give up way too many rebounds but he shut the door when they needed it. Rivet abused Ballard there at the end. Good to see the power play perk up too.

Would be nice to see Rivet providing leadership on a regular basis though.

I was at the game and sat 6 rows up in in the end where Florida shot twice. That's the first time this season I had the chance to focus on the D, and wow are the Sabres horrible on D! Spacek missed pucks and checks on a regular basis. Sekera gives up the puck several times a game. Lydman, nothing we already didn't know, is weak. Tallinder is useless and was benched for much of the game. Butler is getting better, but still struggles. I have been saying the D has been the weak point of the team all year, but I didn't realize just how bad they were. Miller has the ability to make a below average D look slightly above average. Other goalie's expose the D for what they are and that unfortunately is not a good enough D to make the playoffs (without Miller). Luckily Miller will be back in net on Friday, hopefully he isn't too rusty...

Everyone rags on Afenagenov, and he usually can't hit the broad side of a barn, but that kid gives 100% every shift. All that work finally paid off for him, and then Horton throws a cheap shot at him.

It was nice to see Rivet stick up for him too ... I always like Max's effort, just not the results some times ... but that's his game.