Record Flooding in North Dakota - where's Obama?

Officials are getting ready to tell people in Fargo to evacuate. Pay extra close attention, and let's see if the good folks from the great state of North Dakota are somehow smarter than the good folks from the great state of LOU-zee-ana 9 (sic) and actually heed the words "Your lives are in danger. Please leave."

But if not, it's okay. We'll just print more money.

NewsFlash: Fargo, population 91k. NOLA, population 470k.

:D:wallbash:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NewsFlash: Fargo, population 91k. NOLA, population 470k.

:D:wallbash:

It also helps that Fargo isn't completely surrounded by water.

Still, we should expect about 5k people to stay in Fargo. Because based on New Orleans' experience, about 5-6% of everyone are idiots.

Still, we should expect about 5k people to stay in Fargo. Because based on New Orleans' experience, about 5-6% of everyone are idiots.

Idiots led by idiots who sat around doing NOTHING beyond "Please evacuate." As far as I'm concerned, the deaths caused by Katrina lie squarely on the shoulders of Nagin. He is as incompetent an elected official as we've seen in years, although admittedly he is starting to see some real competition lately.

It also helps that Fargo isn't completely surrounded by water.

Going on New Orleans' I would go with 100% idiots"school buses for sale,never driven,only flooded once" I will be curious to see if the people of Fargo blame the president as responsible for a natural disaster as NO did.

Idiots led by idiots who sat around doing NOTHING beyond "Please evacuate." As far as I'm concerned, the deaths caused by Katrina lie squarely on the shoulders of Nagin. He is as incompetent an elected official as we've seen in years, although admittedly he is starting to see some real competition lately.

New Orleans' disaster recovery plan was predicated on the stated expectation that the federal government would step in and rescue them no earlier than 72 hours after a disaster. I wish I still had it...the link is now dead.

And the plan didn't specify any coordination with the feds, either. It was basically a paragraph stating "We'll be on our own for three days, then FEMA will help out." Yes, they planned to do nothing, then let the federal government take over after three days. :D

I don't particularly blame Nagin for that, as much as the whole New Orleans city and parish governmental system. Nagin certainly didn't help.

.......and these numbers justify what? One area is more important then another because their area has a larger population? Are you really that stupid?

Never mind......

No, not at all. It is just a numbers game, of course it is harder to deal with 4-5 times as many people... Especially in an urban setting. And like Tom said, NOLA posed a tremendous problem because they were in a "fish bowl" with very few "outs." Of course some would want to "ride it out."

No, not at all. It is just a numbers game, of course it is harder to deal with 4-5 times as many people... Especially in an urban setting. And like Tom said, NOLA posed a tremendous problem because they were in a "fish bowl" with very few "outs." Of course some would want to "ride it out."

You are SUCH a hardass! Those people in NO should have just grabbed the contents of their wall safes, climbed into their Land Rovers and driven to their summer homes up North!

Right?!

They could have ridden out on those buses Nagin didn't use. :D

I am not gonna say anymore because I have my own beliefs and it flies in the face of how I SHOULD think, if you know what I mean.

I remember vividly, NOLA made it out of the storm... Other things became a factor... There is enough blame to go around... Again, I have my take on what happen... And that is all I am gonna say. :flirt::wallbash::P

Why isn't the Feds there? 1,000 volunteers are filling sandbags to keep the water within the banks. Why do these people have to do it themselves? It's the governments responsibility to save us. Where is FEMA, the national Guard, Army, Air Force, etc... Why should these people be required to break a sweat to save themselves and their homes?

Obama is a failure, he wants white people to die, him and Bidens weather machine are out of control.

After listening to all this news on the flooding and how well prepared they've been and how helpful FEMA, the Nat'l Gaurd, etc has been, I am suddenly a big fan of this thread. You know given how far wrong the premise of is.

After listening to all this news on the flooding and how well prepared they've been and how helpful FEMA, the Nat'l Gaurd, etc has been, I am suddenly a big fan of this thread. You know given how far wrong the premise of is.

3 days later they helped. After the sandbag were already put down, and those told to evac did. See when the people of an area takes personal responsibility it works. When they choose to heed the local politicians who choose to kill their own just to make the admin look bad, well they get what they deserve I guess.

Of course Gore should be getting pissed because man once again is changing natural way of water flowing. When they have arid conditions in the summer it will be their fault for preventing the floods now.

3 days later they helped. After the sandbag were already put down, and those told to evac did. See when the people of an area takes personal responsibility it works. When they choose to heed the local politicians who choose to kill their own just to make the admin look bad, well they get what they deserve I guess.

Of course Gore should be getting pissed because man once again is changing natural way of water flowing. When they have arid conditions in the summer it will be their fault for preventing the floods now.

I'm not sure what your news sources are, but you really should stop. Seriously man, your lack of accuracy there is terrible. A state of emergency was declared exactly one day after this thread was made. In either case, sandbags are still being put down even today. The National Guard was brought in, they used dynamite to blow up large blocks of ice that were jamming up the river. 3 million sandbags were deployed. National Guard helicopters were dropping salt and sand to channel the flood water. And coordination with other dams had to be done to limit the flow of flood waters to the area.

Now unless you think "the people of an area" has that kind of ability using their "personal responsibility" I would implore you to STFU.

I'm not sure what your news sources are, but you really should stop. Seriously man, your lack of accuracy there is terrible. A state of emergency was declared exactly one day after this thread was made. In either case, sandbags are still being put down even today. The National Guard was brought in, they used dynamite to blow up large blocks of ice that were jamming up the river. 3 million sandbags were deployed. National Guard helicopters were dropping salt and sand to channel the flood water. And coordination with other dams had to be done to limit the flow of flood waters to the area.

Now unless you think "the people of an area" has that kind of ability using their "personal responsibility" I would implore you to STFU.

Where do you get facts, when I made that post the locals had been dealing with rising water for 3 days already.

Of course, you like to ignore the facts that the US government was in NOLO the day of the hurricane.

National Guard is STATE, not federal.

Nice try, though.

Where do you get facts, when I made that post the locals had been dealing with rising water for 3 days already.

Of course, you like to ignore the facts that the US government was in NOLO the day of the hurricane.

I don't know why I'm still arguing here. This whole thing was handled perfectly. Name one thing that could have been improved upon in the way this was handled. For a disaster of this scale they did a damn good job.

I'll let you do your own googling to find the list of complaints on how katrina was handled.

And DC Tom.. VABILLS said "personal responsibility" could save the people of North Dakota that is what I argued with. Yeah the governor declared the state of emergency, and North Dakota's National Guard moved in. That is what I just !@#$ing said. Why are you telling me what I just said?

I don't know why I'm still arguing here. This whole thing was handled perfectly. Name one thing that could have been improved upon in the way this was handled. For a disaster of this scale they did a damn good job.

I'll let you do your own googling to find the list of complaints on how katrina was handled.

And DC Tom.. VABILLS said "personal responsibility" could save the people of North Dakota that is what I argued with. Yeah the governor declared the state of emergency, and North Dakota's National Guard moved in. That is what I just !@#$ing said. Why are you telling me what I just said?

I know the complaints. I also know a lot were bull sh-- and just your side of the aisle whining. I also know a lot of what happened in the gulf states, from my what I did at work. I could tell you stuff about how things went down and how the left wanted people to suffer just so it would further their cause. You're wrong, the media is wrong.

And as Tom said the federal government did nothing for 3-4 days afterwards. They should have been there with equipment and personnel earlier. Only because of good planning and execution by the state and local government was damage and suffering minimized in North Dakota, what is supposed to happen. The messiah and his gaggle of nim-wits had nothing to do with it. And federal government that could have helped is Fema, HHS, HUD, and a few other 3 and 4 letter agencies. None showed up.

Only because of good planning and execution by the state and local government was damage and suffering minimized in North Dakota, what is supposed to happen. The messiah and his gaggle of nim-wits had nothing to do with it.

And yet you were prepared to blame him if things had gotten screwed up. I say this because you started the thread.