J.P. Lossman to new UFL ? What do you think

I could see JP ending up in CIN, if the price is right. W-L record aside, their assistant HC/OL coach Paul Alexander is one of the best in the business. Protecting Palmer is job#1, and they stockpile OLs.

Last season, like the year before, they were rocked with OL injuries. The bench stepped up for Fitzpatrick.

I've been meaning to post my impressions about Fitzpatrick, watching him play 12 games. He proved to be quick on the uptake, and very much a director of the offense.

Forget any "noodle-arm" comments - he can make the throws.

Very decisive - he ran often and well, realizing his inexperience. And as his time in games progressed, he hit the open receivers. Certainly, he was aided by Houshmanzedeh. And RB Benson's resurgence.

The Bills signed him to a pretty decent contract. With good reason, IMO.

Thanks; that was my thinking too (but based more on vague impressions than anything). He was a Martz guy originally, and I can't see Martz putting anyone out there who can't make the throws. Here are his gamelogs:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play...zRy00_games.htm

He strikes me as a game manager type who can fill in and not perform disastrously, which is perfect for a Jauron-coached team that needs a short-term backup. His completion percentage was close to 60 percent last year, and 61 percent in his last four games. Bear in mind that he had to play against the Steelers twice and the Ravens once, and didn't have Chad Johnson for the final three games (he was hurt all season anyway). That amounted to 1/4 of his starts. He's obviously a very smart guy, which is something you want in a backup.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks; that was my thinking too (but based more on vague impressions than anything). He was a Martz guy originally, and I can't see Martz putting anyone out there who can't make the throws. Here are his gamelogs:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play...zRy00_games.htm

He strikes me as a game manager type who can fill in and not perform disastrously, which is perfect for a Jauron-coached team that needs a short-term backup. His completion percentage was close to 60 percent last year, and 61 percent in his last four games. Bear in mind that he had to play against the Steelers twice and the Ravens once, and didn't have Chad Johnson for the final three games (he was hurt all season anyway). That amounted to 1/4 of his starts. He's obviously a very smart guy, which is something you want in a backup.

Ocho Dinko was up to his short-arming and miss-run routes. CIN also had a merry-go-round of other receivers because of injury. TJ Housh certainly helped him - I can't over-praise him - he defines the phrase, "consummate professional". I wish him the best of luck with the Seahawks.

12 games' experience is just what it is, and I allow for the fact that opponents didn't have much film on him. I hope BUF gives him the chance to compete for the starting spot. In my view, he was a good acquisition. B'gal's would have loved to have kept him, but the enormity of Palmer's contract precluded paying him anywhere near the FA money he signed for.

Time will tell...

Also, Losman never had a 5 game stretch like TE did to start the season in his career. That's the big difference. Again, Edwards still has a ways to go but he is light years ahead of Losman at similiar points in their careers.

Are you sure? Just to play devils advocate, back in 2006, JP had a 5 game stretch from week 11 to week 15 where the Bills went 4-1. JPs stats in those games? 66.4% completions, 1050 yards, 10 TDs, and only 3 INTs. As i mentioned, the team went 4-1, and JP led them to 2 come from behind wins in the 4th quarter on game winning drives (Houston and Jax). He also pounded 2 divisional opponents in that span.

Please stop. We all know you are the leader of the Losman fan club, but you're getting into Single White Female territory. Here's the major difference: Trent was in his 2nd year while JP was finishing his 5th. Huge difference. Trust me, I made excuses for Losman after his 2nd year and even his 3rd. After that though, I was done. Just like I will be if Edwards sucks as bad as JP did in 2007 & 2008.

Also, Losman never had a 5 game stretch like TE did to start the season in his career. That's the big difference. Again, Edwards still has a ways to go but he is light years ahead of Losman at similiar points in their careers.

And with that, I will never speak on this matter again. :D

Here's the major difference: In his 5 years in Buffalo, JP played under a NUMBER of DIFFERENT Head Coaches with DIFFERENT systems. That would retard ANYONES development. Trent has played the SAME system for the SAME Head Coach & has played in about the SAME amount of games as JP. I can't wait for the season to start. Trent will have weapons to utilize as JP NEVER DID. As you said, NO EXCUSES. :wallbash:

Here's the major difference: In his 5 years in Buffalo, JP played under a NUMBER of DIFFERENT Head Coaches with DIFFERENT systems. That would retard ANYONES development. Trent has played the SAME system for the SAME Head Coach & has played in about the SAME amount of games as JP. I can't wait for the season to start. Trent will have weapons to utilize as JP NEVER DID. As you said, NO EXCUSES. :wallbash:

and in those 5 years, he was outplayed by a journeyman (Holcomb) and a rookie (Edwards). there should be no excuses for that. :D

You mean you can't wait for Trent to fail, so you are correct. :D

Since J.P. Lossman has not gotten much attention from the other teams in the NFL.What are the chances that he ends up in the new United Football League that starts in October and do you think he would be a good fit or bad fit there?

That scenario, however delightful it may be, will not come to fruition. JP has signed with the Lion. The Lion being MGM Studios. He has recently been the understudy to Scooby Hipsack, famous Hollywood double, in order to prepare for the more daring and dangerous scenes in Adam Sandler's upcoming sequel, You Don't Mess With the Zohan II.

You mean you can't wait for Trent to fail, so you are correct. :D

That is where you are WRONG. I would enjoy nothing better than watching Trent lead the Bills to the Super Bowl. I am NOT an IDIOT like you! Trent has shown glimpses of hope he may become a good QB, I just don't get people like you that just "KNOW" he will be GREAT based on what he has shown thus far.

Just because a couple of IDIOT Coaches benched him in favor of Holcomb & Edwards does not mean he was outplayed by them.

those "IDIOT Coaches" didn't fall into a pile of sh-- and come out being HC's for nothing. as much as can't/couldn't stand either one of them, they saw the exact thing that some Bills fans saw.