I had more wins than Obama

Yesterdays games, I went 14-2 in the bracket I filled out. and Obama was 11-5. Unlike Obama though, I have Duke going to the final 4 against there arch rivals UNC. But I have UNC playing Kansas in the Finals.

Let's hope he is a better president than basketball prognosticator

Let's hope he is a better president than basketball prognosticator

Seriously! I find it a little upsetting that Binghampton and Seina are the other 2 teams, from the state of New York made it to the Tournament and UB doesn't make it. There should've been more teams from the MAC conference other than, Akron in the Tournament, it was a competitive conference and UB was left out. While they led the conference.

Yesterdays games, I went 14-2 in the bracket I filled out. and Obama was 11-5. Unlike Obama though, I have Duke going to the final 4 against there arch rivals UNC. But I have UNC playing Kansas in the Finals.

I wouldn't be celebrating just yet. Nice first day, but there's still plenty of time to screw up. :rolleyes:

We had a girl at work fill out a bracket. I took one look at it, explained it a little better and told her to redo it.

Day one, her first bracket leads with 13 points. :rolleyes:

(Day 2 is where her laughable picks come into paly though.)

I was 15 and 1, but considering the chalk pretty much ruled the day, I'm not putting too much into this thing yet. I'm sure today some 10s, 11s and maybe a 12 or lower will surprise some teams and start upsetting some apple carts. Hell the pool I'm in, the last place bracket was still 11 and 5, which is respectable as long as he didn't have his upsets going too deep in the bracket.

We had a girl at work fill out a bracket. I took one look at it, explained it a little better and told her to redo it.

Day one, her first bracket leads with 13 points. B-)

:lol:

I had the same situation. After explaining how to fill it out and giving her pointers (16s don't beat 1s, etc.) she still needed 3 new sheets because she kept messing up.

She's 15-1. :P:lol:

Haha how the heck did you manage to do that? I went 12-4 for the first day, would've been 13-3 if VCU hadn't been retarded on that last play, or if they hit a couple more free throws in the second half.

Same here, that VCU upset was a big one because a bunch of people in my pool had UCLA going two rounds. Oh well, many a game left and I got a few more upsets up my sleeve.

:P

I had the same situation. After explaining how to fill it out and giving her pointers (16s don't beat 1s, etc.) she still needed 3 new sheets because she kept messing up.

She's 15-1. B-):lol:

It's not that uncommon for the first round. Most people who do not follow college basketball will simply take the higher seed. And that will fair well in the first couple rounds usually. Although last year would have raked in big bucks as it was the first time all 4 #1 seeds made the final 4....

Seriously! I find it a little upsetting that Binghampton and Seina are the other 2 teams, from the state of New York made it to the Tournament and UB doesn't make it. There should've been more teams from the MAC conference other than, Akron in the Tournament, it was a competitive conference and UB was left out. While they led the conference.

I'm not sure how you arrive at the idea that UB should have been awarded an at-large bid. The MAC certainly didn't deserve the label "mid-major" this year. The collective non-conference performance was atrocious. The best team in the MAC is almost never as good as the 3rd place team in a mid-major conference like the Missouri Valley or the A-10. The America East (Binghamton) & the MAAC (Siena) are one-bid conferences just like the MAC. You gotta win your conference tourney to get to the dance.

That's just the way it goes, unless you have some significant non-conference victories over high-RPI teams. Even then, you're not guaranteed an at-large bid. In 2007 Drexel (23-9) won AT Syracuse, AT Temple, AT St. Joe's and AT Creighton. It still wasn't enough and yes, I'm still bitter.

Competitive within the conference, maybe. Outside, not so much. The MAC ranked 21st in conference RPI, behind heavyweights like America East and the Southland. When your conference's signature wins are two games against Temple ...

Niagara had a better argument (and a better RPI) than UB.

Haha how the heck did you manage to do that? I went 12-4 for the first day, would've been 13-3 if VCU hadn't been retarded on that last play, or if they hit a couple more free throws in the second half.

Everyone in the building knew Maynor was taking the last shot. Still, though, I want that kid with the ball in his hands at the end of the game. And that game's still killing me -- been rooting for the Rams all season, because of Maynor (and because their SID's a great guy).

Unfortunately any winnings you accrue from this bracket will now be taxed at 90%. Don't make Obama look bad again or you will be punished accordingly!

Same here, that VCU upset was a big one because a bunch of people in my pool had UCLA going two rounds. Oh well, many a game left and I got a few more upsets up my sleeve.

That was one of the two games I missed as well. I did call 4 upsets correctly so happy with that. For some reason I also seem to get off to a good start but then on Friday have everything blow up.

WKU, Siena AND Cleveland State? Oh, heck yeah. :thumbsup:

I had WKU and Siena, but Cleveland State was quite a suprise for me. I had Wake in the Sweet 16 and I thought about possibly picking them to beat Louisville, but then I sobered up.